Follow

Fantomex

Character » Fantomex appears in 891 issues.

Fantomex is a highly evolved and technologically advanced mutate, developed by the Weapons Plus program to be Weapon Xlll. He is highly cunning, skilled in misdirection, and has a ship that is an extension of his nervous system named E.V.A.

What if he met ever met a god?

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Since he has nano-tech in his head that makes it physically impossible for him to believe in anything greater than himself like a god, what would happen if he met Thor or Ares? Would he deny they exist or what?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

honestly i think most real people would deny the existence of a god if it came right up to them
    or anything else that didn't fit some level of learned perception, as it's one of the minds defence
    mechanisms, so being technical about it he really should. Then again he's a comic character
    and theres gods running around all over his universe. I suspect he would acknowledge them
    as just another being, and not consider nor believe they had an influence on his own fate
    given the nano-tech.

Resilient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Resilient
    @Mr. Dead Pool said:
    " Since he has nano-tech in his head that makes it physically impossible for him to believe in anything greater than himself like a god, what would happen if he met Thor or Ares? Would he deny they exist or what? "
    What purpose does tech preventing his belief serve?
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Resilient:  it was a plot device for one comic i think
    Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Full_Spectrum
    @Resilient:  the only thing  can think of would be to increase his confidence, making him believe himself capable of rising to any challenge. the problem is, he'd believe he could bring down thor or thanos all by himself. it was a plot device to let him and Noh-Varr shut down weapon XVI i believe.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Maybe he would thinkn that they are just interdimensional beings.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

He would rationalize it. Its really a matter of semantics anyway, (as he might believe) since characters like Thor and Hercules existed in an era when god was roughly thought to be known as Ghudho-m. So the concept predates the word obviously, so its not that he might deny that they exist, its more he might question the definition of god in this instance. My creepy fat bald, next door neighbor is the God of Cougars for example. Self proclaimed but he has many followers. Plus great power. Hey, who am I to judge? 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    " He would rationalize it. Its really a matter of semantics anyway, (as he might believe) since characters like Thor and Hercules existed in an era when god was roughly thought to be known as Ghudho-m. So the concept predates the word obviously, so its not that he might deny that they exist, its more he might question the definition of god in this instance. My creepy fat bald, next door neighbor is the God of Cougars for example. Self proclaimed but he has many followers. Plus great power. Hey, who am I to judge?  "
    You're the Goddamn Batman... 

Does that not work everywhere? Oh I just assumed, I see it everywhere, thought it would work. 

But yeah Fantomex would most likely say Thor and them are just aliens that have had convergent evolution(whatever it's called when two different species develop similar traits)
    TheGreatOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatOne

He'd probabbly try to kill them...........
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Leliel
    @Resilient: Those who have faith base power are also unable to reach him I guess
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Green Skin

He would probably just rationize it as a deluded superbeing.  He obviously couldn't deny the existence of someone like Thor or Ares, but he can deny classifying them as gods.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @Green Skin said:
    " He would probably just rationize it as a deluded superbeing.  He obviously couldn't deny the existence of someone like Thor or Ares, but he can deny classifying them as gods. "
    This.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.