Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Ultimate Comics: Doomsday was awful

DcMarvelUnity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DcMarvelUnity

Hey, I'm new to the forums and to the FF - but I picked up Ultimate FF issue #1 and couldn't put the series down. I bought the whole thing, own all of it, enjoyed it thoroughly - but then I picked up Ultimate Comics Doomsday because I was under the understanding that it continued in the same continuity.

Holy mother of God!!! Incredible disrespect of the FF by Brian Michael Bendis - someone I usually enjoy. I own the original run on Ultimate Spidey and I loved his Daredevil stuff - but this, this was absolute and complete garbage.

They de-age reed richards by two years without providing an explanation for it. In the original run they make a big deal over Reed turning 20 - and then Bendis has people continue to refer Reed as being an 18 year old. Then, they give Reed the exact same motive as the freaking Mole Man when it comes to turning on his friends/family and entire planet. I mean, come on! They gave Reed Richards, the Mr. Fantastic character, the EXACT same reason for wanting to take over and destroy the world as the one he had fought and spoke eloquently against, when the FF dealt with the mole man in the Ultimate run.

Did Bendis or his staff not bother to read into what he was writing about?

I found this comic to be completely and utterly classless, and quite frankly wasn't worth the time it took to read. If you're going to make Sue and Ben fall in love (out of nowhere) and turn Reed evil (out of nowhere) you'd better damn well have a good reason that is congruent, that makes some sense.... something people can sink their teeth into!

This was the worst piece of crap Michael Bendis has ever written - anyone else agree with me?

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mk111

I haven't read that comic, but that does sound awful.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

@DcMarvelUnity said:

Hey, I'm new to the forums and to the FF - but I picked up Ultimate FF issue #1 and couldn't put the series down. I bought the whole thing, own all of it, enjoyed it thoroughly - but then I picked up Ultimate Comics Doomsday because I was under the understanding that it continued in the same continuity.

Holy mother of God!!! Incredible disrespect of the FF by Brian Michael Bendis - someone I usually enjoy. I own the original run on Ultimate Spidey and I loved his Daredevil stuff - but this, this was absolute and complete garbage.

They de-age reed richards by two years without providing an explanation for it. In the original run they make a big deal over Reed turning 20 - and then Bendis has people continue to refer Reed as being an 18 year old. Then, they give Reed the exact same motive as the freaking Mole Man when it comes to turning on his friends/family and entire planet. I mean, come on! They gave Reed Richards, the Mr. Fantastic character, the EXACT same reason for wanting to take over and destroy the world as the one he had fought and spoke eloquently against, when the FF dealt with the mole man in the Ultimate run.

Did Bendis or his staff not bother to read into what he was writing about?

I found this comic to be completely and utterly classless, and quite frankly wasn't worth the time it took to read. If you're going to make Sue and Ben fall in love (out of nowhere) and turn Reed evil (out of nowhere) you'd better damn well have a good reason that is congruent, that makes some sense.... something people can sink their teeth into!

This was the worst piece of crap Michael Bendis has ever written - anyone else agree with me?

One of the many reasons I stick to the 616 M U!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.