Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

All of Marvel's Fantastic Fours

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

Fantastic Four was my first favorite team, and will always be my favorite team. Even more so then X-Men, Avengers or Justice League, I like the fact that they work together as a family unit.

Anyways, after saying all that, my question is, are there any other existing teams in the Marvel universe that was molded after the Fantastic Four?

For those of you who care, here's sort of a chart that shows my comparisons. I put it in in a spoiler block, so that if you don't want to look at it, you won't see it.

Fantastic Four-------Soviet Super-Soldiers-----Bogartyri---------------U-Foes--------X-Men---------Panther's Pride-----Spider-Devils-----Inhumans--------Alpha Flight-----Cross Gendered

Mr. Fantastic----------Crimson Dynamo V-------Doctor Volkh-----------Vector--------Cyclops--------Black Panther-------Daredevil----------Black Bolt-------Guardian---------Lyja

Invisible Woman-----Darkstar-----------------------Zvezda Dennista-----Vapor--------Jean Grey-----Storm------------------Elektra-------------Medusa----------Aurora------------Invisible Man

Thing--------------------Ursa Major-------------------Svyatogor---------------Ironclad-----Beast-----------Luke Cage------------Lizard--------------Devlor------------Sasquatch-------She-Hulk

Human Torch---------Vanguard---------------------Mikula-------------------X-Ray--------Iceman---------Vibraxas---------------Spider-Man-------Quicksilver-----Northstar---------Firestar

Sometimes the Invisible Woman match is either the girlfriend or wife of the Mr. Fantastic match.

Sometimes the Human Torch match is the brother of the Invisible Woman match

Though it's lineup consists of more than just four, the Fantastic Four was one of the Guardian's inspirations to create Alpha Flight

Each member of Panther's Pride has actually been a member of the Fantastic Four in some way (Black Panther, Storm & Luke Cage have ll been members of the Fantastic Four at sometime, and Vibraxas was a member of the Fantastic Force)

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

The Fantastic Four was my first favorite team, and will always be my favorite team. Even more so then X-Men, Avengers or Justice League, I like the fact that they work together as a family unit.

I have found three Marvel teams that were molded after the Fantastic Four

-Bogatyri; consisting of Doctor Volkh, Zvezda Dennista, Syvatogor & Mikula

-U-Foes; consisting of Vector, Vapor, Ironclad & X-Ray

-Soviet Super-Soldiers; consisting of Crimson Dynamo, Darkstar, Ursa Major & Vanguard

I have molded three existing teams in the image of the Fantastic Four

-The Original X-Men; using Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast & Iceman

-The Inhumans; Using Black Bolt, Medusa, Devlor & Quicksilver

-Alpha Flight; Using Guardian, Aurora, Sasquatch & Northstar

And, I have created three teams consisting of already established Marvel characters

-Panther's Pride; consisting of Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage & Vibraxas

-Spider-Devils; consisting of Daredevil, Elektra, Lizard & Spider-Man

-The Distaff Four; consisting of Lyja (aka Ms. Fantastic), Invisible Man, She-Hulk & Firestar

Anyways, after saying all that, my question is, are there any other pre-existing teams in the Marvel universe that were molded after the Fantastic Four?

For those of you who would like to look at it, here's sort of a chart that shows my comparisons. I put it in in a spoiler block, so that if you don't want to look at it, you won't see it.

Fantastic Four-------Soviet Super-Soldiers-----Bogartyri---------------U-Foes--------X-Men---------Panther's Pride-----Spider-Devils-----Inhumans--------Alpha Flight-----Cross Gendered

Mr. Fantastic----------Crimson Dynamo V-------Doctor Volkh-----------Vector--------Cyclops--------Black Panther-------Daredevil----------Black Bolt-------Guardian---------Lyja

Invisible Woman-----Darkstar-----------------------Zvezda Dennista-----Vapor--------Jean Grey-----Storm------------------Elektra-------------Medusa----------Aurora------------Invisible Man

Thing--------------------Ursa Major-------------------Svyatogor---------------Ironclad-----Beast-----------Luke Cage------------Lizard--------------Devlor------------Sasquatch-------She-Hulk

Human Torch---------Vanguard---------------------Mikula-------------------X-Ray--------Iceman---------Vibraxas---------------Spider-Man-------Quicksilver-----Northstar---------Firestar

Sometimes the Invisible Woman match is either the girlfriend or wife of the Mr. Fantastic match.

Sometimes the Human Torch match is the brother of the Invisible Woman match

Though it's lineup consists of more than just four, the Fantastic Four was one of the Guardian's inspirations to create Alpha Flight

Each member of Panther's Pride has actually been a member of the Fantastic Four in some way (Black Panther, Storm & Luke Cage have ll been members of the Fantastic Four at sometime, and Vibraxas was a member of the Fantastic Force)

madmartin760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By madmartin760

I think most Marvel, and even some DC, use the FF model often because they were so big 4 so many years. Also, it's a good group dynamic 4 anything, not just comics. TV shows, Movies, and books use the smart leader, the hot chick, the strong guy, and the funny youngster. New Mutants, The Champions, and Excalibur r some groups u could add 2 ur list.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By TronHammer

How about the Red Ghost and his Super Apes? Also, there was a group introduced in the "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" series. I think there name was "The Spacemen". You already mentioned the U-Foes. I think there are a few other groups that were more closely molded after the Fantastic Four than the Suviet Super Solders, X-Men, Inhumands, Alpha Flight, and the others you listed.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tohoma

Definitely the Power Pack.

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

I actually don't think that the Soviet Super Solders, X-Men, Inhumans nor the Alpha Flight were actually based off the Fantastic Four, I just molded them to fit the formuls, purely fan-fiction of my part.

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

Also, thank you so much for introducing me to the Spacemen, I really appreciated it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The Icaris Four

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

Who are the Icaris Four?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.