Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Nathaniel Richards leads the nascent Fantastic Four into the conclusion of his multi-dimensional championship - - a bloody confrontation that may have disastrous consequences for the entire timeline.

The Good   

Wow! Is Hickman great with dialog, or what? He's got a handle on Doom's voice throughout, but that scene where Nathaniel defers the dirty work to him was some piercing stuff. As if the drama couldn't even be ratcheted up enough, the "evil" Nathaniel's manic monologue about the FF cheating him out of his rightful victory added an even more intense dimension to the scene. "Do what it is you do, Victor" indeed. I've been enjoying the combo of Edwards and Hanna here, who lavish everything with the same kind of dynamic detail I've enjoyed in Hitch's work. There may be some parts that look less rendered than the others, but the stand-outs are amazing. 

The Bad   

Maybe it's the nature of the beast when it comes to time travel stories, but I was still a little befuddled as to exactly what grown-up Franklin Richards does to Nathaniel at the end of this. Maybe it'll get explained next issue. Actually, maybe there needs to be a mortal kombat championship of future Franklins, because I'm still leery of this dredging up Hyperstorm. Also, maybe Hanna was more responsible for what I was so impressed with last issue, because the art seemed a little more inconsistent here. Not everything was rendered as uniformly well as I would've liked.

The Verdict - 4/5  

The FF have always interested me the least out all of Marvel's major characters. I usually see them working only as figureheads and guest stars, so Hickman needs a medal for not only making this something I can take seriously, but for also getting some genuinely cool moments in. Seriously, Doom's handling of the "evil" Nathaniel has to be one of the better single scenes I've seen in a while.    
    brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By brewski420

amazing comic

Icemizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Icemizer

terrific book and its been such a long time since the FF was good that Hickmans run is a real standout. If it continues it may even rival Bynres epic run.

Charge up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Charge up

Best issue ever :D

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I'm loving this run even if I don't understand what's going on in it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@danhimself said:
    "I'm loving this run even if I don't understand what's going on in it "

Picked up the last 2 issues...no idea whats going on either but it sure is fun.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

unfortunatlly i had to cut back, this was one of my favorite comics to read from marvel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.