Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Will she replace pro x

MassmurderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MassmurderMan

?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Veitha

No, she's wIth Scott now, they are "criminals" so they won't be with the X-Men anymore... But yes, now she's the strongest one and the most skilled telepath on earth

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cyclops4ever

@Veitha: There not criminals they are anti-heros, and they are going to star in the newly teased UNCANNY starting in February that focuses on the new E-Team, its her, scott, erik, illyana, and danger. So Hyped!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Cyclops4ever said:

@Veitha: There not criminals they are anti-heros, and they are going to star in the newly teased UNCANNY starting in February that focuses on the new E-Team, its her, scott, erik, illyana, and danger. So Hyped!

they are criminals and anti-heroes, just not villains.

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cyclops4ever

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Well some historic figures that were considered criminals in there time are now considered heroic, depends on your point of view I guess. I consider them all heroes

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Cyclops4ever said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Well some historic figures that were considered criminals in there time are now considered heroic, depends on your point of view I guess. I consider them all heroes

yup.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Matchstick
    No Caption Provided

Magneto disagrees about them not being villians.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daycrawler

@Matchstick said:

No Caption Provided

Magneto disagrees about them not being villians.

He also says "Our roles are nothing more than how the times choose to cast us.", so I think he being slightly ironic/sarcastic when he says "Villians it is" (great line btw). Essentially, he might be a villain in some peoples eyes, but to others (perhaps now more than ever) he'll still be a hero. To use a cliche, history is written by the winners. Have to laugh how Magneto is being hunted as a villain, even though he fought with / sided with Prof X and the Avengers in the final conflict, along with all the other formerly pro-cyclops X-Men, yet he's pretty much the only non-Phoenix 5 X-Man being hunted down. Tut-tut, hypocritical Avengers.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Matchstick

@Daycrawler: It is pretty odd that they've made mention that the extinction team is being hunted, but apparently it's only select members.

As for the villians thing, I don't think it really matters what you call them it's all the same. Just seems to me like people are getting uptight about Cyclops being potentially labelled a villain. Looks like they are setting it up for Cyclops and Wolverine to be the new versions of Prof. X and Magneto. I'm betting Cyclops ends up looking more and more like a villain as time goes by...assuming they don't scrap this storyline at some point and start something else.

Back on topic: With Chuckles gone is Emma really the most powerful telepath? What about Shadow King? Exodus? Quentin Quire? Rachel Summers? Franklin Richards? Stepford Cuckoos?

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daycrawler

@Matchstick said:

@Daycrawler: It is pretty odd that they've made mention that the extinction team is being hunted, but apparently it's only select members.

As for the villians thing, I don't think it really matters what you call them it's all the same. Just seems to me like people are getting uptight about Cyclops being potentially labelled a villain. Looks like they are setting it up for Cyclops and Wolverine to be the new versions of Prof. X and Magneto. I'm betting Cyclops ends up looking more and more like a villain as time goes by...assuming they don't scrap this storyline at some point and start something else.

Back on topic: With Chuckles gone is Emma really the most powerful telepath? What about Shadow King? Exodus? Quentin Quire? Rachel Summers? Franklin Richards? Stepford Cuckoos?

Yeah, true. Psylocke and Storm were Extinction Team members and they seem cool with the Avengers. Seems like Magneto is getting a raw deal just cos he's Magneto.

Personally, I like the direction they're taking Cyclops in. Way more interesting than just 'hey, he's a good guy again!'. Reckon he's an anti-hero and they'll never make him an out-and-out villain tho, like old-school Magneto was. They're definitely trying to set up Wolverine as an edgier version of Prof X at the moment tho. Which kinda works in Wolverine and the X-Men, but not so much in other titles.

Reckon Rachel would kick Emma's ass, given that she went took on Prof X in AvX. And Exodus could likely take her on too. Not really read much about Franklin Richards, so can't comment. Think that she'd beat the Shadow King, unless he had a really devious game plan, and she probably win out against the Cukoos too.

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ceddsong

Emma is still the x-men premier telepath based solely on popularity and notoriety. Also Emma has already defeated Rachel and humiliated Prof. X, granted she took the backdoor into his mind. Nonetheless Emma has demonstrated that her skill and unscrupulous use of her powers makes her the reigning champ. Though I suspect Psylocke could give her a run for her money.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XsPectre28

Rachel just needs more training far as power rachel & psylocke are more powerful far as skill & experience emma would win. Quentin Quire is stronger then emma thou just not as experienced either

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ceddsong

@Xspectre28 I agree that Rachel would wipe Emma out if she had the same caliber of skill but I'm not sure that Psylocke is Emma's better. I'd say most likely they're equals, however I acknowledge I could be wrong. No one in my current memory has actually provided a gauge for how powerful Paylockes telepathy is, currently. And of late she's done nothing particularly impressive that would put her leagues ahead of the other popular telepaths.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Veitha

Psylocke isn't on Emma's level, she doesn't have any imprevvise feat to prove this. Emma has already umiliated Rachel, Xavier, Quire and she can beat the Cuckoos everyday. Well, if they get more trained this doesn't mean that Emma won't do the same, and I think that she's got enough power to beat Rachel, Quire and the Cuckoos also if they get trained

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Madame_Mist

I think Rachel could easily take her with the right training.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Rumble Man

Permanently break her spine and shave her head then lets discuss

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I think Emma has been the new Professor X for a while now. I mean he's been MIA for the last several years and now he's dead. Just because he's dead doesn't really change anything. Emma's been the leading telepath for X-Titles for years now - so I think she's replaced him awhile ago, his death is kind of just blah.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18  Edited By McKlayn

@Veitha said:

No, she's wIth Scott now, they are "criminals" so they won't be with the X-Men anymore... But yes, now she's the strongest one and the most skilled telepath on earth

I just want to point out that during the start of the X men they were criminals too, hiding their identity and the true meaning of the school, the part that made them heroes where they fought for the people who wanted them dead and locked up, which i am sure Cyclop's crew will also do.

As far as taking the prof's place, i think she already has in some ways. She started running the school in professor Xavier's place during Gen X, was brought back to his school during Morrison's run and has been the main Telepath for the x men since then. Taking his place isn't about being the most powerful i don't think as much as about being the most commonly used and reliable. Rachel spent time off in space, Psylock has been dead on and off (lol) so yea i think she owns that title now. I would like to state that if the schism continues for an extended period of time then it would take two people to replace professor Xavier one for each side, which i see as being Emma and Rachel (since rachel seems to be Logan's head telepath at the school)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.