Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Who feels that Emma Frost is a comic book fan's equivalent of Paris Hilton

• 80 results
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By PowerHerc
    @MichonneHack27 said:
    "@The Dark Huntress: Well she's rich. And has (in my opinion) acts spoiled. Often shows little reguard or remorse for her mistakes. But she does have a good trait like hers is with the students. I don't know if Emma's an animal activist but thats a good trait of Paris' if I remembered right. "

You make good points here.
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Harlekin

She is only famous for doing Scott.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator

I remember there was this theory a few years back, that Paris Hilton, was this incredibly intelligent, bright and world and business savvy person, who very young, realized the way things really worked, and created this persona. This shallow, dumb, blonde, celebrity persona, that would bring her fame, fortune and power, even if also notoriety, hate and criticism. Now if that were true, I could see similarities, other wise, nah, Emma is far too smart, cunning, and witty, and also aware, intellectually, and globally.  

Tony Stark is more like the Marvel's Paris Hilton.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Mercy_
    @Harlekin said:
    " She is only famous for doing Scott. "

@SC said:
    " I remember there was this theory a few years back, that Paris Hilton, was this incredibly intelligent, bright and world and business savvy person, who very young, realized the way things really worked, and created this persona. This shallow, dumb, blonde, celebrity persona, that would bring her fame, fortune and power, even if also notoriety, hate and criticism. Now if that were true, I could see similarities, other wise, nah, Emma is far too smart, cunning, and witty, and also aware, intellectually, and globally.   Tony Stark is more like the Marvel's Paris Hilton. "
    I used to buy into that theory. Don't much anymore.  

LMFAO. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  No yeah, neither do I, such a person would have to be some sort of savant like Batman genius, and if they were that smart, surely they would realize the negative social repercussions of their actions, and how such actions would influence so many young people and create more long term problems than good.  Plus no actor is that good.

I thought Emma doing Scott was the reason why he became relevant as a character again and how he lost his boring, and safe persona and stereotype that has  plagued him for decades? (not that I didn't like Cyclops before, because I did)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC: Wipes a tear. You are full of so much win that it's almost un-containable. 
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Wait ? What ? 

Paris Hilton is not a character comics ? 

No, Joke aside. It put well the credibility of Paris. She's much smarter than you think. After all, she's sell her mage very well and she's very good at making money with nothing. (I.E. Herself ) but Emma Frost is waaaaay more interesting as a Character.
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Harlekin
    @SC said:

" @The Dark Huntress:  No yeah, neither do I, such a person would have to be some sort of savant like Batman genius, and if they were that smart, surely they would realize the negative social repercussions of their actions, and how such actions would influence so many young people and create more long term problems than good.  Plus no actor is that good. I thought Emma doing Scott was the reason why he became relevant as a character again and how he lost his boring, and safe persona and stereotype that has  plagued him for decades? (not that I didn't like Cyclops before, because I did) "

Well Scott even if disliked he still had a sizable fan base, while Emma had one but not nearly as big as the one she has now. She gained more then he did.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Harlekin said:
    " @SC said:

" @The Dark Huntress:  No yeah, neither do I, such a person would have to be some sort of savant like Batman genius, and if they were that smart, surely they would realize the negative social repercussions of their actions, and how such actions would influence so many young people and create more long term problems than good.  Plus no actor is that good. I thought Emma doing Scott was the reason why he became relevant as a character again and how he lost his boring, and safe persona and stereotype that has  plagued him for decades? (not that I didn't like Cyclops before, because I did) "

Well Scott even if disliked he still had a sizable fan base, while Emma had one but not nearly as big as the one she has now. She gained more then he did. "
    Honestly? It probably had more to the fact she wasn't being written by Grant Morrison, and was at the forefront of so many of his stories, and other stories by other writers after that, and provided a strong and otherwise unique personality to the X-Men team at that time, one that isn't really that common within the X-Men, so she played off and brought out really interesting aspects of other characters. Beast had a new friend who was as cultured as he was. Wolverine is as cynical as Emma is, and so he tended to respect her, even though he won't hesitate to call her a bitch, and he knows, she'd probably call him a bastard, and she brought out a few of the less perfect qualities in Jean. Humanizing her and helping her gain new friends. All these things don't involve Cyclops at all. One of Morrisons best received issues of his run, were when Emma and Jean were investigating Xavier's mindscape, and its things like those issues that helped launch her popularity. Cyclops has sizable fanbase because he has been an X-Man, twice as long as I have been alive. Its not a bad thing, but realistically, Emma could have been paired up with Jean Grey, or Beast, or Wolverine, or Xavier and her popularity would have been on the rise, whilst probably creating newer fans of those characters i mentioned as well. Its a give take thing. Arguably as well, the changes to his characterization then, that were followed up by Whedon, are the reasons, he is where he is today in Marvel. Sold as a badass leader in charge of all mutants. Scott gained a lot.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  Awh, your words are far too generous, thanks ^_^
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By uncanny89
    @SC:   I couldn't agree more with what you have said on this thread and most of the other Emma ones
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @uncanny89:  

*Bows* Thank you kindly. Coincidentally I also happen to have agreed with all your comments on these Emma threads. Its nice to see more intelligent fans of clued up,smart characters. 
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By moywar700

When I was in the 8th grade. I'd remember my english teacher talked how much she hated paris hilton. She hates her because she's got to where she was without any hard work

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ms__omega

Nah Emma doesnt have a drooping eye that makes her look like an inbred hick its true take a look at Paris Hiltons picture that eye looks like its trying to escape.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kiss_lamia

Emma has way more sway than Paris ever will loool

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LadyHarley

Emma Frost>Paris Hilton

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mercy_

@moywar700 said:

When I was in the 8th grade. I'd remember my english teacher talked how much she hated paris hilton. She hates her because she's got to where she was without any hard work

If this is what you think about Emma, then you don't really know the character.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to have sex with Emma or Paris. Coincidence? I think not.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By moywar700

@The Dark Huntress:I don't think of emma that way, I'm stating what my english teacher thinks about paris hilton.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

lol/

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Can this thread be locked for amazing levels of stupidity?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By joshmightbe

While I'm not a fan of Emma she is by no means like Paris Hilton because Emma is intelligent and is a useful member of society and doesn't make me a little ashamed of having been born on Earth

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Nope, Emma is more of a complete package.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ARMIV2

As much as I don't like Emma, she's nothing like Paris Hilton.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By Renee
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By ragdollpurps

The only thing they have in common is that they're both blonde, rich, and plastic. Aside from that, they are nothing alike.

84taskmaster84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By 84taskmaster84

Well I dont think personality wise they are the same or in upbringing I really cant say I like the White Queen she always comes off as slutty to me and I just cant respect her as a hero Plus I liked jean better lol that chick grabbed scott on the rebound lol nah just always get a skanky vibe of her

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

So can someone explain to me why Emma gives off a slutty vibe? Cause honestly, I don't see it. Plastic surgery shouldn't count as a reason.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By Inverno

Honestly I don't think Emma Frost is the comic book equivalent to Paris Hilton. That honor goes to Supergirl Kara when she is first introduced.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RogueOracle

NOOOOO way! Aside from the blonde hair, they are nothing alike.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.