Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6153 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

What has she done for the X-Men. Really

• 99 results
    antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By antiterra
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @antiterra You win so hard. "

Ha-ha, thanks Huntress, much appreciated! :D It's nice to see so many people standing up for Emma. She's the best, dammit!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#52  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @antiterra said:
    "

When I got back into comics and hunted down past issues of the X-books, Emma quickly became one of my favourite characters because of how different she was, how she didn't quite fit in with the X-Men mould. I liked how she challenged everyone around her, how she saw shades of grey that the X-Men were often blind to, how she pushed Cyclops and made him grow more than Xavier or Jean ever could - who would've thought he could become such a convincing, undisputed and frankly badass leader?

One of the reasons that many writers struggle with her - and why I like her so much - is quite simply that she is a damn smart lady. Her ability to get into other people's heads hinges more on her intelligence and psychological finesse than on telepathy. However, for a writer, it's always easier to write a wisecracking powerhouse than a genuinely clever character who doesn't have visually impressive powers to show off. For Emma to shine, she needs someone capable of writing... well, "clever stuff" for her to do.

Another crucial aspect of her character - maybe my favourite thing about her - is how fiercely protective she is of the younger mutants, be they Hellions, Cuckoos or just students. There's a scene in New X-Men 150 where she holds a dying Esme in her arms and tells her that she's "especially most proud of [her]." That single scene - that single panel -  says more about Emma than an entire essay could. That scene was devastating for many reasons, but mostly, it hit me like a freight train how much Emma saw herself and her own insecurities in Esme. The renegade, traitorous Cuckoo, who had broken away from her sister to affirm herself as an individual, was simultaneously one of Emma's biggest successes and biggest failures. All the ambivalence of the character and her whole view of "good" and "evil" were perfectly summed up in that panel.

Those insecurities are the third element that good writers know how to draw upon - and that others overlook all the time, focusing solely on her confident exterior instead.

It's those insecurities that led her to submit herself body and soul to Sebastian Shaw, to let herself be shaped by him. And since she broke free of him, the arrogance, the narcissism and the constant sarcasm feel like the counter-reaction to that: it's almost as though she dares others to like her, she won't beg for acceptance, she won't make herself likeable, she won't bow down to anybody ever again. And those insecurities extend to her own judgement, prompting her to enlist Kitty Pryde, of all people, as her reluctant conscience. To me, the Emma/Kitty relationship is one of the best (and most overlooked) in X-Men history.

She's certainly one of the most difficult X-Men to write. Many writers just go, "Ice bitch, got it" and ignore everything that's under the surface.

As much as I like Fraction on Invincible Iron Man, he either didn't do his research or he simply doesn't get her. We'll see how Kieron Gillen does with her: I sincerely wish him the best of luck, because it's been ages since I've read a good Emma Frost. I've started re-reading Whedon/Cassaday's AXM and... wow, I'd forgotten just how brilliant, complex and poignant Emma can be. "With all my predator's art." Perfect writing and perfect art.

Remember when the X-Men were about the characters? Good times...

"

I would like this to be the default last reply on this thread, visible on every page if not that. So new page, and then this can be quoted anew, so lazy people who don't look though threads can see this.  ^_^ 

Beautifully stated, looks like Emma has smart fans too. Oh and hey, if you have not read X-Men protect and Serve #3 then you will enjoy one of the stories Emma is in. I think you'll understand what I mean, when/if you get to read it. Its sort of similar to a scene you discuss above, different of course, but still nice. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Mercy_
    @antiterra
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @antiterra You win so hard. "

Ha-ha, thanks Huntress, much appreciated! :D It's nice to see so many people standing up for Emma. She's the best, dammit!

Anytime. It's great to see people who not only understand her character but can articulate it as well as you did.

@SC Agreed.
    antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By antiterra
    @SC said:

Oh and hey, if you have not read X-Men protect and Serve #3 then you will enjoy one of the stories Emma is in. I think you'll understand what I mean, when/if you get to read it. Its sort of similar to a scene you discuss above, different of course, but still nice.  "

I know which story you mean: the one with Blink. You absolutely guessed right, I loved it. :) I'm usually wary of anthologies because they tend to be very hit or miss, but that story was definitely a hit. It was a good idea to show the events through the eyes of Dr. Strange, an outsider who doesn't know the X-Men all that well and who judges them solely based on what he sees, not on preconceived notions.

I loved the art, too, unassuming as it was. Not flashy, but with clean, simple lines that served the story rather than trying to one-up it. All the characters look "accurate", for lack of a better word. Emma in particular looks suitably older, focused, determined, but her composure goes to hell at the prospect of failing yet another student. It's nice to see an artist who bothers to stick closely to the characters and context - unlike... oh, I don't know... Greg Land? He could sure learn a thing or two, instead of always drawing the same bimbo with different hair and clothes - not to mention the most unnatural and unlikely poses regardless of the situation. How does that guy keep getting work?!

Anyway... I hope the powers-that-be won't forget about Blink. This felt like first chapter of a larger story, not just a quick done-in-one thing. Let's hope they follow up on it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @antiterra said:
    " @SC said:

Oh and hey, if you have not read X-Men protect and Serve #3 then you will enjoy one of the stories Emma is in. I think you'll understand what I mean, when/if you get to read it. Its sort of similar to a scene you discuss above, different of course, but still nice.  "

I know which story you mean: the one with Blink. You absolutely guessed right, I loved it. :) I'm usually wary of anthologies because they tend to be very hit or miss, but that story was definitely a hit. It was a good idea to show the events through the eyes of Dr. Strange, an outsider who doesn't know the X-Men all that well and who judges them solely based on what he sees, not on preconceived notions.

I loved the art, too, unassuming as it was. Not flashy, but with clean, simple lines that served the story rather than trying to one-up it. All the characters look "accurate", for lack of a better word. Emma in particular looks suitably older, focused, determined, but her composure goes to hell at the prospect of failing yet another student. It's nice to see an artist who bothers to stick closely to the characters and context - unlike... oh, I don't know... Greg Land? He could sure learn a thing or two, instead of always drawing the same bimbo with different hair and clothes - not to mention the most unnatural and unlikely poses regardless of the situation. How does that guy keep getting work?!

Anyway... I hope the powers-that-be won't forget about Blink. This felt like first chapter of a larger story, not just a quick done-in-one thing. Let's hope they follow up on it."

Ah yes, that story, with Blink. Choice you already read it! its nice to get that type every now and then, oh, and just in case, you might also like Jubilee and Wolverine first issue of there mini, Emma was treated well their as well, characterization wise, and artistically. It touched on her desire to aid young mutants with their lives too, something sorely missed in Uncanny X-Men. I know what you mean about Greg Land, hopefully you can indulge us with more of your posts around here and you'll quickly realize that poking fun of Greg Land lightheartedly is like a second hobby around here for many lol 

I think he works fast and has a good working relationship with the high ups. Its... yeah.  

I agree, its nice that they are presenting an authentic unresolved situation for a change. I really feel for Blink, but by the same token, Emma's position and that of the fellow X-Men is by no means, dumbed down, or inconsiderate of Blinks position. they did try, but... so I agree, I do hope its picked up later as well. 
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By doddy
    @antiterra said:
    "

When I got back into comics and hunted down past issues of the X-books, Emma quickly became one of my favourite characters because of how different she was, how she didn't quite fit in with the X-Men mould. I liked how she challenged everyone around her, how she saw shades of grey that the X-Men were often blind to, how she pushed Cyclops and made him grow more than Xavier or Jean ever could - who would've thought he could become such a convincing, undisputed and frankly badass leader?

One of the reasons that many writers struggle with her - and why I like her so much - is quite simply that she is a damn smart lady. Her ability to get into other people's heads hinges more on her intelligence and psychological finesse than on telepathy. However, for a writer, it's always easier to write a wisecracking powerhouse than a genuinely clever character who doesn't have visually impressive powers to show off. For Emma to shine, she needs someone capable of writing... well, "clever stuff" for her to do.

Another crucial aspect of her character - maybe my favourite thing about her - is how fiercely protective she is of the younger mutants, be they Hellions, Cuckoos or just students. There's a scene in New X-Men 150 where she holds a dying Esme in her arms and tells her that she's "especially most proud of [her]." That single scene - that single panel -  says more about Emma than an entire essay could. That scene was devastating for many reasons, but mostly, it hit me like a freight train how much Emma saw herself and her own insecurities in Esme. The renegade, traitorous Cuckoo, who had broken away from her sister to affirm herself as an individual, was simultaneously one of Emma's biggest successes and biggest failures. All the ambivalence of the character and her whole view of "good" and "evil" were perfectly summed up in that panel.

Those insecurities are the third element that good writers know how to draw upon - and that others overlook all the time, focusing solely on her confident exterior instead.

It's those insecurities that led her to submit herself body and soul to Sebastian Shaw, to let herself be shaped by him. And since she broke free of him, the arrogance, the narcissism and the constant sarcasm feel like the counter-reaction to that: it's almost as though she dares others to like her, she won't beg for acceptance, she won't make herself likeable, she won't bow down to anybody ever again. And those insecurities extend to her own judgement, prompting her to enlist Kitty Pryde, of all people, as her reluctant conscience. To me, the Emma/Kitty relationship is one of the best (and most overlooked) in X-Men history.

She's certainly one of the most difficult X-Men to write. Many writers just go, "Ice bitch, got it" and ignore everything that's under the surface.

As much as I like Fraction on Invincible Iron Man, he either didn't do his research or he simply doesn't get her. We'll see how Kieron Gillen does with her: I sincerely wish him the best of luck, because it's been ages since I've read a good Emma Frost. I've started re-reading Whedon/Cassaday's AXM and... wow, I'd forgotten just how brilliant, complex and poignant Emma can be. "With all my predator's art." Perfect writing and perfect art.

"

YES!!YES!!! I COULDN’T AGREE MORE!!!

I don’t like matt fraction’s emma, he’s ignored her depth and dimensions and instead of treating her as scott’s arm candy…IMO emma is the most interesting character in the x-books, she would do anything for people she really loves, her students, her lover scott, and maybe the whole mutantkind; on the other hand, sometimes she really is a witty, bitchy ice queen…emma is one of the most difficult X-Men to write because writers have to carefully balance her complex characters. Why some people prefer emma as villainess and wanna to see emma backing to HFC are beyond me, she was so cartoonish and clichéd and blank as the white queen of HFC. What’s the difference between a boring mother-jean2.0 and a monotonous bitch? They all simplified emma’s unique character. I loved Yost’s emma. In his run, I could see emma’s love, her fear, her self-doubt…I’m looking forward to how Kieron Gillen does with her.

antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By antiterra
    @doddy said:
    " I loved Yost’s emma. In his run, I could see emma’s love, her fear, her self-doubt…I’m looking forward to how Kieron Gillen does with her. "

That's true, Yost is very good, and not just with Emma. You can tell he knows his X-history very well. He's the one who wrote the story that SC mentioned (from To Serve & Protect #3). Gillen said he wanted to focus on Kitty, who hasn't really been dealt with since her return. That should mean more Emma, given how strangely close they've become.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost taught me to read. Seventeen was a tough age.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#59  Edited By time1

All Emma frost has proven is she is a  flawed character, some people say she like human. She reminds us of human beings. Which character  in   X-Men are not flawed. Characters like Bishop, Wolverine, Charles and even Cyclops have made mistakes that make us questions there choices. If you want a character  that is manipulative, spiteful, usually out for herself, why should we settle for Emma frost, when we could have Mystique, who far more  interesting. I bought the book the , The birth of Generation Hope, what a waste of money.. Hope was as boring as hell. It was mainly aboutt Emma Frost, her date with Tony Stark, spending time with  Namor. and lying to Cyclops  about  Sebastian Shaw. To honest I don't think she done anything for X-MEN.. Apart from wasting the writers time and the fans money.. While the writers are writing crap for Emma frost, other characters are not be used as much, Storm, iceman, beast etc  Are made to suffer and so are the fans.

@pixelized

said:

" @time: Time, i've missed your threads <3  I don't think her fandom comes from how giving she is with her teammates though... so I kind of don't understand what you're looking for? "

Thanks Pixelized,  not sure if your being  sarcastic though 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @time: Your criticisms sort of sound more like opinions though? Which is fair, but its subjective in nature. How could you for example deny all the objective information given explaining how Emma has given and aided the X-Men? Objective in that being a fan of not a fan of Emma doesn't change that information. Alternatively you say she is usually out for herself? Subjectively I disagree, just last week she was willing to die for Blink, and this is not the first time Emma has risked her life for honorable means or other characters. It sounds like you have a basic preference for Mystique which again is cool, but doesn't beat that much in the way of what has Emma done for the X-Men, which has though many replies almost categorically proven as a lot. 
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By time1
    @SC said:

" @time: Your criticisms sort of sound more like opinions though? Which is fair, but its subjective in nature. How could you for example deny all the objective information given explaining how Emma has given and aided the X-Men? Objective in that being a fan of not a fan of Emma doesn't change that information. Alternatively you say she is usually out for herself? Subjectively I disagree, just last week she was willing to die for Blink, and this is not the first time Emma has risked her life for honorable means or other characters. It sounds like you have a basic preference for Mystique which again is cool, but doesn't beat that much in the way of what has Emma done for the X-Men, which has though many replies almost categorically proven as a lot.  "

Name one good story that she been in, that she had a major impact in. I don't doubt emma has help a lot but she gets more attention than other characters and most of those stories are crap. Truth be said, x-men suck because  it's a Emma frost & Cylops show. 
     X-23 min series is far more better than any of the  x-men titles at the moment  
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @time: Just look though the other page, I named 10. Another poster named 10 too. Then you present an entirely different argument, is this something you acknowledge? I am not here to discuss whether Emma gets a lot of attention, and the quality of those stories, since how does that have anything to do with what she has done for the X-Men? Emma Frost and Cyclops are fictional characters lol, they can't suck, if X-Men sucks to you, its because of the writer or your own preference, your use of the term truth merely seems to attempt to give some false authority to your opinion. The actual truth is banana's taste like apples. (see how easy it is to abuse the poor word)  

I think X-Factor is tough competition for X-23, but X-23 is really awesome and definitely better than most, so I am glad we agree there at least ^_^
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @antiterra said:
    "

"

I wasn't joking when I said this needs to be posted onto every new page... 
    antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By antiterra
    @SC said:

"  I think X-Factor is tough competition for X-23, but X-23 is really awesome and definitely better than most, so I am glad we agree there at least ^_^ "

Yes, it's a little early to say that X-23 is the best X-book when Peter David has been bringing the goods for the better part of... what, 65-70 issues? That said, X-23 has been nothing but excellent since issue #1. From the tone of the book to the art and colour palette, everything just works together beautifully.

I noticed a pattern in my reaction to the series: before it came out, I was worried that it might vindicate the criticism of people who reduce Laura to "female Wolverine" status, but Marjorie Liu has proven that she has a great handle on what sets her apart.

Then, I was worried that Gambit was being brought on board just to put a familiar and popular face on the cover, but I (re)discovered a side of him that I absolutely love. Besides, it's obvious that he wasn't picked absent-mindedly as the Random X-Men Tag-Along of the Day.

And finally, I was worried that Miss Sinister would be a gimmick, but she turned out to be delightfully ambiguous and intriguing. The final page of issue #5 threw me for a nasty loop!

So there's the pattern: worried, relieved, worried, relieved. I should know to trust Marjorie Liu by now, but X-23 is similar to Emma inthat she's all too easy to write as a cliché (the "emo goth girl"). Liu has a way of grounding Laura with very simple, very basic questions like, "Do I have a soul?", that go straight to the core of her turmoil. She's not just troubled because she was robbed of her childhood or went through traumatic experiences (what mutant hasn't?), but because she's unsure of her very nature. New experiences can mend old wounds, trauma can be overcome, but for Laura, there's no way around the fact that she was grown and engineered artificially in a lab. That's not something she can heal from.

Anyway... I'm veering a little off-topic here. tl;dr: I like the current X-23 ongoing. :)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @antiterra: Oh I agree completely, Liu is great, especially with Gambit. I feel his real voice is shining though, and has been buried for a while. I think writers either get to hung up with writing him as Mr Sensitive to much, OR, they relegate him to a stereotypical but one dimensional smooth talking ladies man. Both of which would be boring. Gambit should subtly blend a certain roguish bravado with a quite wisdom and care for genuinely good people, so I really like how Liu writers him, he is pro female, but also very masculine.  

I love how she wrote Storm as well? Especially actually allowing a character to reflect on Nightcrawlers passing, that was great. I agree with your thoughts on Miss Sinister. I also agree with the potential pitfalls X-23 offers as a character, not so easy to do well. Whoops yes, well a tiny bit off topic... X-23 wouldn't be alive as a character if it wasn't for Emma so I mean LOL 

I might look for a X-23 thread to bump later, it is a good series, maybe a bit under appreciated too. 
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By doddy

@time said:

Name one good story that she been in, that she had a major impact in. I don't doubt emma has help a lot but she gets more attention than other characters and most of those stories are crap. Truth be said, x-men suck because  it's a Emma frost & Cylops show.  X-23 min series is far more better than any of the  x-men titles at the moment   "

x-men sucks only  because of bad writing! And sincerely, i don't think matt fraction treated x-men as emma & scott show, he just  "abused" them for his stories.  

@SC said:

" @antiterra said:

"

"
      I wasn't joking when I said this needs to be posted onto every new page...  "
     quoted for truth.
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By doddy

Kieron Gillen  said...
      http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/154177356624332340 

I think insecurity is key to Emma. To follow her other powers' metaphor: Diamond is strong, but brittle.  

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/155234692159797734

Well, it's probably too early to start saying what the next arc, but it's safe to say I'm going to explore the sexual tension more there. 

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I Guess Maybe Trained The Students It's not Really ABout What She Has Done For The X-Men Its Her Way of Being You Know Her Attitude I like Her

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By StormyWeather

the fact that u really DON'T kno where u stand with Emma, u dnt kno what she'll do, be loyal to the X-Men? Betray them? it makes her interesting in my opinion, u mentioned Storm (my fave by the way), we all kno where Storm stands with everything in terms of her loyalties

and Emma has def become a lil poster play boy girl as u call it LOL

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#70  Edited By StormyWeather
    @god_spawn:  aww well said, i actually become a fan of hers after reading her mini series
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @doddy said:
    "  Kieron Gillen  said...
      http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/154177356624332340 

I think insecurity is key to Emma. To follow her other powers' metaphor: Diamond is strong, but brittle.  

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/155234692159797734

Well, it's probably too early to start saying what the next arc, but it's safe to say I'm going to explore the sexual tension more there. 

"

Nice ^_^, thank you Doddy. I used to read Kieron's Formspring a lot but stopped for a while, he says a lot of wise and intelligent things about Emma.  

Thank you again. 
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By doddy
    @SC:   you are welcome : )
    i'm sure kieron's emma will be good 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @StormyWeather:
    thank you
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By time1
    @SC said:
    " @time: Just look though the other page, I named 10. Another poster named 10 too. Then you present an entirely different argument, is this something you acknowledge? I am not here to discuss whether Emma gets a lot of attention, and the quality of those stories, since how does that have anything to do with what she has done for the X-Men? Emma Frost and Cyclops are fictional characters lol, they can't suck, if X-Men sucks to you, its because of the writer or your own preference, your use of the term truth merely seems to attempt to give some false authority to your opinion. The actual truth is banana's taste like apples. (see how easy it is to abuse the poor word)   I think X-Factor is tough competition for X-23, but X-23 is really awesome and definitely better than most, so I am glad we agree there at least ^_^ "
     I ask you to name one story  that she play an important impact in. A good one. You only name things she had done and one issue.
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By uncanny89
    @time:  I can name a few; 

E is for Extinction 
    Phalanx Covenant 
    Torn (astonishing x-men in general)
    Utopia 
    Phoenix Saga 
    Secret invasion X-Men  
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @time:  LOL, okay, sorry, Emma Frost and the Goblet of Fire. I actually was speaking of about 30 issues by the way. Stories is a plural, story is singular. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mercy_
    @antiterra you're freaking awesome.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @antiterra you're freaking awesome. "

Usually when I say QFT, I mean it with ironic distain, however in this case, I genuinely agree and its a absofreakinglutely QFT
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC ^__^ great minds.
    Evpraksiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By Evpraksiya

She sometimes have proved herself valuable but as much as the others so what's make her so popular is probably the fact that she's the new girl of Cyclops, her position in the x men ''hierarchy'' as a professor blabla and she's got a suit designed to attract. We like her or not, well like Jean and Cyclops they're so full of themselves, i pass...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Evpraksiya said:
    " She sometimes have proved herself valuable but as much as the others so what's make her so popular is probably the fact that she's the new girl of Cyclops, her position in the x men ''hierarchy'' as a professor blabla and she's got a suit designed to attract. We like her or not, well like Jean and Cyclops they're so full of themselves, i pass... "

What about her writing in Gen X and under Morrison prior to her relationship with Scott? Her mini as well set in the past? Possible as well? 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mercy_

Lol @ people who are still convinced that she only has fans because of Cyke. I liked her before I liked him. She makes him more interesting.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " Lol @ people who are still convinced that she only has fans because of Cyke. I liked her before I liked him. She makes him.more interesting. "
    (Shrugs) Some people are idiots. Whatcha gonna do?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "Lol @ people who are still convinced that she only has fans because of Cyke. I liked her before I liked him. She makes him.more interesting. "

Agreed. Before hand cykes never interested me when he was with Jean and even before that  to me he was just too dry of a character. Emma added a new dimension to him, and helped Cyclops' overall growth. The Hellfire club was probably one of my favorite groups for awhile. I always liked Shaw, and Emma and she was powerful even back then. Their attitudes were like " Kickin your a$$ and doing it with class.
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#85  Edited By uncanny89
    @god_spawn said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    "Lol @ people who are still convinced that she only has fans because of Cyke. I liked her before I liked him. She makes him.more interesting. "
    Agreed. Before hand cykes never interested me when he was with Jean and even before that  to me he was just too dry of a character. Emma added a new dimension to him, and helped Cyclops' overall growth. The Hellfire club was probably one of my favorite groups for awhile. I always liked Shaw, and Emma and she was powerful even back then. Their attitudes were like " Kickin your a$$ and doing it with class. "
    I like this
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#86  Edited By PowerHerc

She's messed up their chemistry.
    mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mario_nblc

I dont like how Emma made Cyke change. No matter how borring he was ... its just how he was. Period.   
    Soon all characters are going to act the same ... like assholes that think they deserve it all ...  

Emma is like Parris Hilton for X-men. Just something plastic that thinks what she is talking about.  Soon she will start annoying the hell out of everyone....
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mercy_
    @mario_nblc said:

" I dont like how Emma made Cyke change. No matter how borring he was ... its just how he was. Period.   Soon all characters are going to act the same ... like assholes that think they deserve it all ...   "

She didn't make him change. You can chalk that up to Fraction's rampant fanboyism. As far as character-wise, she supported his decisions (for the most part) and helped him embrace who he actually was. She didn't shun him or make him feel like less of a man. She stood by his side and supported him through all his trials and tribulations, she accepted him for the flawed man that he is (as he does for her) and she didn't try and make him into this savior, into this perfect being, which is more than Jean has ever done.   

Emma is like Parris Hilton for X-men. Just something plastic that thinks what she is talking about.  Soon she will start annoying the hell out of everyone...

LMAO. I think it's pretty apparent at this point that you really don't know that much about Emma. 
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @The Dark Huntress

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mercy_
    @Son Of Storm: Bows. Thank you, thank you. 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "@mario_nblc said:

" I dont like how Emma made Cyke change. No matter how borring he was ... its just how he was. Period.   Soon all characters are going to act the same ... like assholes that think they deserve it all ...   "

She didn't make him change. You can chalk that up to Fraction's rampant fanboyism. As far as character-wise, she supported his decisions (for the most part) and helped him embrace who he actually was. She didn't shun him or make him feel like less of a man. She stood by his side and supported him through all his trials and tribulations, she accepted him for the flawed man that he is (as he does for her) and she didn't try and make him into this savior, into this perfect being, which is more than Jean has ever done.   

Emma is like Parris Hilton for X-men. Just something plastic that thinks what she is talking about.  Soon she will start annoying the hell out of everyone...

LMAO. I think it's pretty apparent at this point that you really don't know that much about Emma.  "

So much win..
    mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mario_nblc
    @time:

I agree 100%
    mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mario_nblc

its pointless to even write anything bad about Emma here because it will be spit on and turned upside down to prove my point is wrong and how much other people  "win". 
    ... so blah blah blah  blah she blah blah sucks blah blah blah ....

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Mercy_
    @god_spawn said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    "@mario_nblc said:

LMAO. I think it's pretty apparent at this point that you really don't know that much about Emma.  "
    So much win.. "
    Thank you. :D

antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By antiterra
    @mario_nblc said:

" its pointless to even write anything bad about Emma here because it will be spit on and turned upside down to prove my point is wrong and how much other people  "win".  ... so blah blah blah  blah she blah blah sucks blah blah blah .... "

It is indeed pointless when what you write is solely based on your personal dislike of the character, and flies in the face of everything that actually happened in the comics. "Emma is like Paris Hilton" isn't an argument, it's a cheap shot that simply doesn't apply - unless I've missed all the instances where Paris Hilton mentored young people in her community, risked her life for others, suffered immeasurable pain as millions died around her, expended great energy to turn her life around and atone for her past, rained hell down on whoever dared to attack her children, and so on.

If you feel so negatively about Emma, then at least do us the courtesy to take the time to explain why. You can't just throw a quick jab at the character and expect everybody to go, "Oh, yeah, that's so true."

It's simple: if you want to have a discussion, you need to present arguments. The Dark Huntress and others have presented theirs in defense of Emma. All you could offer was weak criticism that doesn't hold any water when confronted with facts. If Emma is a bimbo, then Reed Richards can barely spell his own name and Bruce Wayne has the planning skills of a goldfish.

In your defense, I do think Emma is one of those characters who are particularly easy to paint with a sloppy brush, who easily lend themselves to caricature and misconceptions. It's easy to see Emma as a bitch, Batman as a dark vigilante with a perpetual frown, X-23 as nothing more than a female Wolverine or Supergirl as miniskirt-wearing jailbait for pervy nerds. It's easy... until you actually read the comics, until you read Morrison, Chris Yost, Marjorie Liu or Sterling Gates.

Bottom line: I don't think you're being willingly hateful or ignorant, but you need to at least acknowledge the possibility that maybe you don't have the complete picture when it comes to Emma Frost. I'm not saying you wouldn't still hate her if you knew her better, but it would make your criticism a better basis for discussion.

ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ChadwickDavis
    @time: While I agree that she has been used as the X-men pin up girl quite often. and she's definitely NOT Storm, She has (at least in my opinion) contributed as much to the X men as you possibly can without being Charles Xavier Financially, Educationally, Strategically, and even physically (both as Cyclops paramour and as Diamond Studded Tanker). She has also taken heat from all sides due to her past with the hellfire club. While I think she needs to put some clothes on every once in a while she has earned my "respect" as a character.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Mercy_
    @antiterra: I just teared up from the amount of win. 

@ChadwickDavis said:
    " @time: While I agree that she has been used as the X-men pin up girl quite often. and she's definitely NOT Storm, She has (at least in my opinion) contributed as much to the X men as you possibly can without being Charles Xavier Financially, Educationally, Strategically, and even physically (both as Cyclops paramour and as Diamond Studded Tanker). She has also taken heat from all sides due to her past with the hellfire club. While I think she needs to put some clothes on every once in a while she has earned my "respect" as a character. "
    Well said.
    ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ChadwickDavis

All anyone needs to do is look at her track record. She is the villain turned anti-hero done right. She has even overcome her urges for relapse.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By moywar700

OP is an angry Jean Grey Fan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.