Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

The Phoenix Five

EmmaGraceFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmmaGraceFrost
    So i have not been reading x-men lately and I seen that Emma,Scott and three other people had the phoenix force can someone catch me up PLEASE also is this change perm. and does Emma get knew powers with the phoenix and one last thing will is consume her because in this picture above she is fighting Scott so I thought the Phoenix took over her like last time someone please fill me in !
    So i have not been reading x-men lately and I seen that Emma,Scott and three other people had the phoenix force can someone catch me up PLEASE also is this change perm. and does Emma get knew powers with the phoenix and one last thing will is consume her because in this picture above she is fighting Scott so I thought the Phoenix took over her like last time someone please fill me in !
    FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By FrankenKong

The phoenix force took over Cyclops,Emma,Magic,Namor and Colossus. They have taken the new cosmic power and are reshaping the world into a better giant planet Utopia. Cyclops invited Professor X to see the fruit of their labors. At the end of a long discussion Cyclops simply stated "This was your dream professor, I have given it to you." Now the avengers are in hiding and conceiving plans on how to defeat them. But some of the avengers mutants are not seeing any evil deeds from the phoenix 5. Many conflicts of interest and now we have seen the return of Scarlet Witch, she has taken Hope under her wing for protection. Thats pretty much the gist of it so far.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkmount1

I am so sick of AvX, especially of the Phoenix Five and how they've been written. This just takes the whole "corrupted by power despite attempts to hold it in check" shtick way too far--now more than ever I'd like to see THIS GUY beat the crud out of them:

No Caption Provided
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By One_Eye

@Darkmount1 said:

I am so sick of AvX, especially of the Phoenix Five and how they've been written. This just takes the whole "corrupted by power despite attempts to hold it in check" shtick way too far--now more than ever I'd like to see THIS GUY beat the crud out of them:

No Caption Provided

LOL.Dude((or Dudett...:p)) My friend, whom is a HUGE Godzilla fan totally approves of this!

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkmount1

@One_Eye: It's Dude, and thanks for the compliment. I myself am a GIGANTIC G-Fan. (Which reminds me, I need to start my G-Fan subscription back up...)

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TAneT62

I don't like the idea of the Phoenix five at all, I think it's stupid ... My opinion.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crimsonlord53

"We are phoenix" rings a little hollow now huh.

I know it's trite and been used to the point of fans not caring but if it's explained that a revived jean is a dark/light phoenix shared reanimated corpse it works better then this bull**** IMHO.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

This whole thing was a stupid idea. Phoenix Five, AvX. It's all pretty much garbage.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@god_spawn said:

This whole thing was a stupid idea. Phoenix Five, AvX. It's all pretty much garbage.

Pretty much. I was very amused to flip through one of the AvX tie-ins, "Avengers Academy 32" just to see Phoenix 5 Emma not be able to destroy Seyfert's Sentinel with a single thought. It seemed every character showed up to defend this Sentinel, X-23 slashed her and overall, their entire reaction was so ridiculous that I had to put the book down and back away slowly. Apparently, they argued that even though the Sentinel still has this directive in it's programming, the directive to exterminate all mutants was no longer it's primary directive so it had "overcome it's programming". Which doesn't make sense, since Emma offered to wipe it's programming instead of destroying it. Their reaction to that alternate option was that it would be like re-wiring the Sentinel's "personality", however isn't the issue at hand that part of it's personality contains genocidal urges? Just a mess and X-23's own decision to defend it was trite.

I had to put the book down and leave the store. Just ridiculous.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.