Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

New code name?

Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darksteelwing

I was reading some older Astonishing X-Men comics yesterday. There was an arc (sorry, don't remember the name, but it is just before they find that Ghost Box) in which Hisako (Armor) would often call a teammate by their names instead of their codenames. In one of these situations, she called Emma "Miss Frost", to which Emma replied something like "we're in mission, you should call me Emma". In a similar moment involving Cyclops, he told Armor to call him by his codename. I found it strange, since he apparently had no problem with Emma herself not having a codename.  

I mean, "White Queen" is more a title for the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle than a code name. It would be quite offensive to the X-Men if she started using that again. Personally, I liked the one Emma used in that Young X-Men story arc (End of Days, I think), "Diamond Heart". So, do you think it is time for Emma to get a new code name?

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By eldestrisk

I had been thinking of this since a long time, but a came to the conclusion that a code name it's just not Emma's thing. Think about it. It just doesn't apply.

JonathanQuiroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonathanQuiroz

I REALLY LIKE WHITE QUEEN BECAUSE ALL THE MARVEL U SEE HER AS THAT BECAUSE OF HER PAST AND THE INTERPRETATION OF HER  
    AND DIAMOND HEART IS REALLY IRRELEVANT SO I LIKE WHITE QUEEN

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By warlock360
    @JonathanQuiroz: Nice capslock button you got there
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Darksteelwing said:
    "Personally, I liked the one Emma used in that Young X-Men story arc (End of Days, I think), "Diamond Heart". So, do you think it is time for Emma to get a new code name? "

Was that Emma or was it one of the Cuckoos?

I personally don't think Emma needs a codename. I think it was just that calling her Ms. Frost takes too much time and they're teammates so its just easier to use names when there aren't codenames.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darksteelwing
    @PrinceIMC: It was Emma. Wolverine calls her by her name when she tries to speak with Ink.
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By uncanny89
    @Darksteelwing:   I think that White Queen is a good code name for her, i'm not sure about diamond heart though.  I def. think that she shouldn't be called emma in the field though
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kerukun878

I like Diamondheart. xD

obie1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By obie1103

I can't see myself calling Frost any other name than White Queen

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

I don't think she needs a codename. 

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Green Skin

I don't think she needs one.  Codenames are used to protect your identity in the field and does Emma real give a crap about protecting her identity.  I think as a character the use of a code name is a bit beneath her.  You don't exactly see her wearing an X-Men uniform, so why would she adopt a code name?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By pixelized

I totally made this thread years ago, "Treasure Chest" was a name that was suggested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.