If not Cyclops, who would you rather her be with?

Avatar image for ouija
#1 Posted by Ouija (561 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I didn't miss a previous thread about this? If I missed one about this prior I am sorry. 
 
Who would you all like Emma to be with if not Cyclops? 
 
I would prefer her to be with Namor, I dislike both characters but these past few years have loved the history they made for them.
Avatar image for mercy_
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (94459 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody else. They balance each other out perfectly.

I know Gambler and quite a few others are keen on the Namor/Emma relationship. Frankly, I hate it.

Moderator
Avatar image for son_of_storm
#3 Posted by Son Of Storm (11347 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Nobody else. They balance each other out perfectly.

I know Gambler and quite a few others are keen on the Namor/Emma relationship. Frankly, I hate it.

No one deserves the fate of being in a relationship/married to a glorified fish stick.
Avatar image for daredevil21134
#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

Nobody else. They balance each other out perfectly.

I know Gambler and quite a few others are keen on the Namor/Emma relationship. Frankly, I hate it.

No one deserves the fate of being in a relationship/married to a glorified fish stick.
LOL
Avatar image for daredevil21134
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
#6 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12282 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
Iron Man
Why do you think that?
Avatar image for daredevil21134
#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94 said:
@daredevil21134 said:
Iron Man
Why do you think that?
Because I think Tony can handle her emotionally and physically .If he wanted to anyways.
Avatar image for ouija
#8 Posted by Ouija (561 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134
They both have such an ego, I could see it.    
 
 
I think I also need to say Emma could be on her own, I don't see why they have she and Storm coupled with people, why can't they be single like almost every other Marvel hero
Avatar image for daredevil21134
#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ouija said:
@daredevil21134: They both have such an ego, I could see it.      I think I also need to say Emma could be on her own, I don't see why they have she and Storm coupled with people, why can't they be single like almost every other Marvel hero
agreed
Avatar image for phoenix_xii
#10 Posted by Phoenix XII (158 posts) - - Show Bio

emma & charels xaivier
Avatar image for mercy_
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (94459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phoenix XII: Ew no.

Moderator
Avatar image for the_stegman
#12 Posted by The Stegman (34869 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Gambit..just to see them constantly trying to one up each other in sexy glares

Avatar image for katanalauncher
#13 Posted by katanalauncher (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean

Avatar image for phoenix_xii
#14 Posted by Phoenix XII (158 posts) - - Show Bio

or mabey nate grey
Avatar image for mercy_
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (94459 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you just naming male telepaths? What's the reasoning behind your decisions?

Moderator
Avatar image for mercy_
#16 Posted by Mercy_ (94459 posts) - - Show Bio

@katanalauncher said:

Jean

SMH

Moderator
Avatar image for katanalauncher
#17 Posted by katanalauncher (2368 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@katanalauncher said:

Jean

SMH

You know, since Emma have been inside of her. 
Avatar image for mercy_
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (94459 posts) - - Show Bio

@katanalauncher said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@katanalauncher said:

Jean

SMH

You know, since Emma have been inside of her.

O_o

Moderator
Avatar image for fodigg
#19 Posted by fodigg (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus, if only because that would be an epic (shadow)catfight between her and Kitty Pride.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#21 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82986 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

Gambit

Magneto

Avatar image for emmagrace
#22 Posted by EmmaGrace (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

If not Cyclops, then Scott.
Avatar image for thecrowbar
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren.
 
He's from the upper crust, he's a mutant, and he (used to be) an great optimist, I think he'd balance Emma well.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (40374 posts) - - Show Bio
@EmmaGrace said:
If not Cyclops, then Scott.
lol this.
Moderator
Avatar image for emmagrace
#25 Posted by EmmaGrace (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I wouldn't mind seeing her with Gambit, strangly...
Avatar image for shadowdoggy
#26 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar

and it'd result in a Psylocke vs Emma psychic smackdown, which would be awesome

I think she should stay with Scott- they're a great couple, but if she's going to move on.....why not Magneto?

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#27 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see her with Magneto, since Scott is taking up more of Eric's believes and personality it wouldn't be such a stretch.

Avatar image for shadowdoggy
#28 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross

he really is, isn't he?

he's becoming a fellow fanatic


Avatar image for aiden_cross
#29 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: Yup! I still like Like Scott though, he's making the hard calls and sometimes those are a little questionable..
Avatar image for shadowdoggy
#30 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3868 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross

oh yeah, me too

I've had an eyebrow raised at him ever since he formed the new X-Force

but it's an interesting arc for him and I like it

Avatar image for tiamat
#31 Posted by Tiamat (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

This was Magneto's plan all along. To plant Emma into the X-Men under deep cover and convert the one person who could do what he couldn't Unite the mutants under a single banner. Now that his pieces are all laid out. It's only a matter of time before he strikes.
 

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#32 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7697 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

Avatar image for sc
#33 Posted by SC (16905 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like Emma to be herself, and to me, that's that most in character and consistent she can be, and she might have flings now and then, but its much more original, interesting and creative, to have a character like Emma Frost, actually have it in her to dedicate herself to making the world a better place for mutants, and helping and aiding younger mutants especially, than to have that as a secondary ambition to having her own family. It explains and justifies her blunt, harsh attitude more, and it promotes her intelligence and will more as well. Plus lets face it, most comic writers suck at writing these types of females let alone most females really well. Somehow it always ends up about the guy, and writing from the male perspective, and Emma has gotten so precious lately.  
 
That also being said, its a big part of Emma's character to indulge and to experience. Her and Cyclops can be written to have a great dynamic, and Emma is a good character in the sense, that she could have great dynamics with a lot of other characters (though they don't need to be strictly romantic ~ see Emma and Beast, that was a nice friendship) and so I think she can have that with Namor as well. Last Uncanny issue she should have grabbed her balls and told Namor if he wants to talk about respect and marriage he should go cry a literal river about the respect Sue Storm gives Reed Richard's every night and if she wanted to be married she'd drop on one knee herself and do it. (not because I dislike Namor, but because Emma's ego won't let her not at least try to get the last word in lol) 
 
Oh, and I liked Emma and Banshee most, so you know. I'm open to that. Emma and Angel I think could benefit Warren, without detracting to much from Em, and give them both some opportunities in story telling. Emma and Hogun the Grimm would be epic if he ever wanted to chill in San Fran or New York, New York! 

Moderator
Avatar image for cosmo111687
#34 Posted by cosmo111687 (1580 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
I would like Emma to be herself, and to me, that's that most in character and consistent she can be, and she might have flings now and then, but its much more original, interesting and creative, to have a character like Emma Frost, actually have it in her to dedicate herself to making the world a better place for mutants, and helping and aiding younger mutants especially, than to have that as a secondary ambition to having her own family.
Completely agreed.
Avatar image for sc
#35 Posted by SC (16905 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
@SC said:
I would like Emma to be herself, and to me, that's that most in character and consistent she can be, and she might have flings now and then, but its much more original, interesting and creative, to have a character like Emma Frost, actually have it in her to dedicate herself to making the world a better place for mutants, and helping and aiding younger mutants especially, than to have that as a secondary ambition to having her own family.
Completely agreed.
 
Yey! I always feel crazy when I suggest a character not need to be hooked up with another to tell interesting and captivating stories! lol *smile* 
Moderator
Avatar image for cosmo111687
#36 Posted by cosmo111687 (1580 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
@cosmo111687 said:
@SC said:
I would like Emma to be herself, and to me, that's that most in character and consistent she can be, and she might have flings now and then, but its much more original, interesting and creative, to have a character like Emma Frost, actually have it in her to dedicate herself to making the world a better place for mutants, and helping and aiding younger mutants especially, than to have that as a secondary ambition to having her own family.
Completely agreed.
 
Yey! I always feel crazy when I suggest a character not need to be hooked up with another to tell interesting and captivating stories! lol *smile* 
Yeah, right? Character development is what makes people love characters, not shocking and completely random events/changes to the status quo. It's way more interesting for Emma, who is generally considered cold-hearted, to dedicate herself selfishly to the preservation of Mutant-kind and to Cyclops than to have her just suddenly decide "I'm going to hook up with Namor, because, you know, why not?" unless if it somehow contributes to her emotional journey as a character.
Avatar image for sc
#37 Posted by SC (16905 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687:  *nods in agreement*
Moderator
Avatar image for alicemalice
#38 Posted by alicemalice (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd absolutely be sad to see Emma and Scott end, it's been a very complex and realistic relationship over the years.
 
That being said (seems like a requirement lol)...Emma with Namor.  Since Namor has been put into her romantic history.  They are both fascinating morally grey characters, so it would be interesting to see them as a couple.  Had Shaw not made such a dick move history could have been drastically different! Who knows. 
 
With Tony it was definitely a sexual thing, doubtful it was or could be anything more.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
#39 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1179 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see Emma having another long term relationship with either Tony or Namor... I can see her having a lot of fun with them though ;) (wild fun) but nothing too serious I don't think. 

Avatar image for daredevil21134
#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey.........kidding lol

Avatar image for thetbird
#41 Posted by The Myth (601 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
Warren.  He's from the upper crust, he's a mutant, and he (used to be) an great optimist, I think he'd balance Emma well.
Avatar image for kincart
#42 Posted by KINCART (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk

Avatar image for ashra
#43 Edited by Ashra (684 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:

Emma and Gambit..just to see them constantly trying to one up each other in sexy glares

God, no! 
 
I'm all for Stark/Emma, there would be some serious fireworks in that relationship.   On the fence about Namor/Emma.  I can see both why it could and wouldn't work.    
But that fish smell has got to be . . . . . . . . 
Avatar image for ouija
#44 Posted by Ouija (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit Emma would be interesting
Avatar image for daredevil21134
#45 Posted by daredevil21134 (15716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra said:
@The Stegman said:

Emma and Gambit..just to see them constantly trying to one up each other in sexy glares

God, no!  I'm all for Stark/Emma, there would be some serious fireworks in that relationship.   On the fence about Namor/Emma.  I can see both why it could and wouldn't work.    But that fish smell has got to be . . . . . . . . 
Iron Man & Emma Frost
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#46 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16441 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man...........kidding
Avatar image for summers_frost
#47 Posted by summers_frost (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616 said:
Cyclops and Emma are one of the best couples in the Marvel Universe. Hell, they're one of the best couples in comics period. They just balance each other out so perfectly. So it's really difficult to imagine them separate for anything other than a short period of time (where they wouldn't be with anyone else).

This!!!
Avatar image for timandm
#48 Posted by Timandm (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.  The possibilities...   - Namor?  No... The arrogance would overflow.   Then who?
 

  • Pete Wisdom - His British sarcastic wit would be a match for hers.
  • Dr. Nemesis -  Well, IF he were 70 years younger.  They both always wear white, so they'd match.  And he's even more sarcastic than her.
  • Madelyn Pryor -  1: because I'm a guy... 2: I would so love to see Scott's reaction.
  • Punisher -  Just think about it a moment... The white dominatrix with the punisher?!  Is that a perfect combination, or what?!
  • Fantome -  I just think they'd look great together.. And with her having a fake British accent ( I read that somewhere) and him having a fake french accent, it just seems rather perfect.
  • Deadpool -  Okay, Emma would hate it but I'd love to see him drive her crazy.
  • BATMAN! -  I realize they're from different realities but he's PERFECT for her!
Avatar image for thewidowsbite
#49 Edited by thewidowsbite (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I love Gambit and Rogue way too much to ever see him be with Emma without gougging my eyes out. I do feel that Emma is best with Scott but also feel that them temporarilty (a few months to a year, not five days) breaking up and seeing new people wouldn't be a terrible idea. It would definitely shake things up a bit and keep the Scott/Emma fans pissed off but then later overjoyed (with what happens next). She could casually date Tony and later seriously date Namor and both times realize how much she misses Scott and take him back. Maybe their relationship would become much stronger after that. 
 
That should happens or she decides to stay with Namor, because IF not Scott I feel like he's the next best choice I can think of right now due to their history.
Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
#50 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2111 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma would never in a million years date Tony Stark. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.