Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

How rich is Emma Frost?

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kameo

Tony Stark rich?

Batman rich?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Veitha

She's rich enough to economically support Utopia, so she's very rich

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Veitha said:

She did have to liquidate all her assets though. But yeah, pretty much this.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

Thats a lot of loot!

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By duchess

Real rich

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shes her own valueble......xp like she said in uncanny x-men 2

FrostChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FrostChild

@god_spawn said:

@Veitha said:

She did have to liquidate all her assets though.

What does that mean?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FrostChild: An asset to a business is anything that makes money. Liquidation of those assets means selling off those assets to make money.

FrostChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FrostChild

@god_spawn said:

@FrostChild: An asset to a business is anything that makes money. Liquidation of those assets means selling off those assets to make money.

So she's now recieving any more money?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FrostChild: That I do not know. I don't believe anything business related about her has been talked about since that instance.

FrostChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrostChild

@god_spawn said:

@FrostChild: That I do not know. I don't believe anything business related about her has been talked about since that instance.

Oh, well thanks.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

As rich as the writers want her to be.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@god_spawn said:

Didn't she lose everything and go broke in Gen X? That's why her sister became co-headmistress because she saved the school and then died and Emma took her fortune, I was under the impression she was without any assets and was just living off of Adriennes money.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@LordOfAllHumans: Honestly, I can't remember. It's been awhile since I read Gen-X and I just recall in the post Schism, pre-Regenesis one shot issue when the teams were splitting apart that she mentioned to Scott she liquidated all her assets in order to bank roll Utopia since Warren left or something like that.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@god_spawn said:

@LordOfAllHumans: Honestly, I can't remember. It's been awhile since I read Gen-X and I just recall in the post Schism, pre-Regenesis one shot issue when the teams were splitting apart that she mentioned to Scott she liquidated all her assets in order to bank roll Utopia since Warren left or something like that.

Oh I see, probably just a case of writers ignoring the past it was Gen X# 48, she gets a call basically saying she is broke now and couldn't keep the school running she even mentions that she pays people to make her rich not poor, they couldn't go to Xavier because he was having financial troubles, so she decided to telepathically motivate investors, but Sean protests her using her power to manipulate people and she later decides to call her older sister for the money her sister will help if she can be co-headmistress, she then allows rich human students to attend the school to charge them tuition. She kills her sister and takes over her fortune. Then she moves to Genosha to teach and I'm sure you know the rest. There was just no more mention of her business ventures after Frost enterprises went under in Gen X.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By doddy

Yea Gillen seemed to ignore this plot, but it’s easy to explain lol.

In Gen X 48, Emma actually wasn’t really bankrupt but facing some financial problems due to her “stupid financial planner”, so she had no other choice but to ask Adrienne for a loan.

After that she managed to handle with those problems so she’s rich again.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

Yea Gillen seemed to ignore this plot, but it’s easy to explain lol.

In Gen X 48, Emma actually wasn’t really bankrupt but facing some financial problems due to her “stupid financial planner”, so she had no other choice but to ask Adrienne for a loan.

After that she managed to handle with those problems so she’s rich again.

I don't remember her becoming rich again, that is why Adrienne was still there, she wasn't willing to just loan the money that Emma had no way to pay back, so she became a headmistress and brought in human students from rich families. Her sister died and she took her money, had she simply regained her wealth from the loan she wouldn't have done that. Emma was broke, the school had less than a dozen students (the mutants) and she couldn't keep it running without a loan, she said her stupid financial planner was making her poor. The school was her main priority, if she had assets left she could have just liquidated them then to save her school, instead of wanting to just telepathically make people invest in her or mention Xavier and finally going to her sister, sounds like she was broke to me.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

I don't remember her becoming rich again, that is why Adrienne was still there, she wasn't willing to just loan the money that Emma had no way to pay back, so she became a headmistress and brought in human students from rich families. Her sister died and she took her money, had she simply regained her wealth from the loan she wouldn't have done that. Emma was broke, the school had less than a dozen students (the mutants) and she couldn't keep it running without a loan, she said her stupid financial planner was making her poor. The school was her main priority, if she had assets left she could have just liquidated them then to save her school, instead of wanting to just telepathically make people invest in her or mention Xavier and finally going to her sister, sounds like she was broke to me.

If Emma didn’t become rich again, the how could she dissolve her corporate holdings to support Scott’s dream and feed the whole Utopia? Wasn’t Regenesis canon?

1. Emma took in charge of the company secretly after killing Adrienne;

2. Emma managed to deal with her financial problem after that;

3. Emma rebuilt her empire using her power

……

See, only spending 5 seconds I found 3 feasible ways to explain it lol. That’s comic, so many things take place off-panel.

Even Emma is penniless now after the sinking of Utopia island, I have no doubt that she will be rich again (if the story needs her being rich).

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

If Emma didn’t become rich again, the how could she dissolve her corporate holdings to support Scott’s dream and feed the whole Utopia? Wasn’t Regenesis canon?

1. Emma took in charge of the company secretly after killing Adrienne;

2. Emma managed to deal with her financial problem after that;

3. Emma rebuilt her empire using her power

……

See, only spending 5 seconds I found 3 feasible ways to explain it lol. That’s comic, so many things take place off-panel.

Even Emma is penniless now after the sinking of Utopia island, I have no doubt that she will be rich again (if the story needs her being rich).

By ignoring continuity, Emma moved to Genosha soon after the disbanding of Gen X, still with no mention of any other form of wealth outside of the fortune she got from her sister. My point is her assets where already used up by the school due to her financial planner being an idiot.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

By ignoring continuity, Emma moved to Genosha soon after the disbanding of Gen X, still with no mention of any other form of wealth outside of the fortune she got from her sister. My point is her assets where already used up by the school due to her financial planner being an idiot.

Taking in charge of the company, running her own corporation as CEO again… whatever she did, she just managed to become rich again; if she didn't, she can't help supporting and feeding the Utopia island. It's quite simple.

Discussing this is kinda pointless. After the Schism she still was rich enough for operating an island, that’s a given, and easy to explain.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Taking in charge of the company, running her own corporation as CEO again… whatever she did, she just managed to become rich again; if she didn't, she can't help supporting and feeding the Utopia island. It's quite simple.

Discussing this is kinda pointless. After the Schism she still was rich enough for operating an island, that’s a given, and easy to explain.

then why do you keep discussing it when I clearly pointed out previously it's just another case of the writers ignoring things. You seem very focused on the current when my question is about the past not touching on her regaining her own personal wealth, and then she suddenly has it again without explanation, you are speculating when it was on panel that she merely took her sisters money, which would leave her without assets to liquidate because she had all her money being diverted into the school and found out that she couldn't afford to keep it running.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

then why do you keep discussing it when I clearly pointed out previously it's just another case of the writers ignoring things. You seem very focused on the current when my question is about the past not touching on her regaining her own personal wealth, and then she suddenly has it again without explanation, you are speculating when it was on panel that she merely took her sisters money, which would leave her without assets to liquidate because she had all her money being diverted into the school and found out that she couldn't afford to keep it running.

Her sister died and no one knew it’s Emma who killed Adrienne, then she inherited Adrienne’s multi-billion dollar companies until she dissolved her corporate holdings in Regenesis.

Yea, I’ve said before too that writes “ignored” to write how she dealt with her financial problems on-panel, but I even don’t think it’s necessary to write down.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@doddy: Cool

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By doddy

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@doddy: Cool

don't get me wrong. I of course would love to see how she did it in actual comic, but the fact is that there probably were no room for such things along with the plot writers wanna tell, so i'm okay with it.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.