Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Her best lines?

• 71 results
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oraclefyre

Emma has probably got some of the best one-liners and quotes out of all the X-Men.

I've always had a fondness for this one from Grant Morrison's New X-Men....

No Caption Provided

What do you guys think are some of her best lines?

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By ApatheticAvenger
    No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Her mocking Storm on assembling with the Avengers was pretty funny IMO.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't have the scan, but she had a great line in the latest issue of Wolverine & The X-men.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: She had a few, which one? Punching Wolverine or arguing with Kitty?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Psh, arguing with Kitty of course. Emma vs. Kitty is always entertaining.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: Done.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: That's the best one! I rather enjoyed the unicorn comment as well.

No Caption Provided
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oraclefyre

@Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn: That's the best one! I rather enjoyed the unicorn comment as well.

No Caption Provided

LOL. Jason Aaron writes a surprisingly good Emma Frost. How I miss Kitty and Emma's banter.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: I still enjoyed this one.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@god_spawn said:

Lmao, i laughed when saw that too.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReVamp

Don't remember exactly how it goes, but:

Kitty: "She's probably mind controlling you" (or something of the sort)

Cyclops: "She's not -- r-right?"

Emma: "You'll never see me naked again".

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ReVamp:

No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Her lines in heralds were pretty funny.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Roddy010

@god_spawn: Awesome...I loved her interaction with Beast in New X-men...

No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Roddy010: I keep forgetting Emma wears glasses at times, lol.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Roddy010

@god_spawn said:

@Roddy010: I keep forgetting Emma wears glasses at times, lol.

Lol yeah she knows how to make eye wear look fashionable...or any wear for that matter

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By duchess
    No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Duchess: Nice choice, Duch. I forgot about that one.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_

@Duchess said:

No Caption Provided

YES

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

She was just awesome here.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Reality

She was so much more interesting by Morrison, lol. Now we get Fraction, writing her off as a slut.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Reality said:

She was so much more interesting by Morrison, lol. Now we get Fraction, writing her off as a slut.

Fraction hasn't been writing her for over a year now though.

Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Reality

@god_spawn said:

@Reality said:

Fraction hasn't been writing her for over a year now though.

The point is still the same though. I didn't mean "now" now, but whatever.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercy_

@Reality said:

Fraction never once wrote her as a slut. Just as Scott's simpering 'wife' as opposed to the HBIC she really is.

Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Reality

@Mercy_ said:

@Reality said:

Fraction never once wrote her as a slut. Just as Scott's simpering 'wife' as opposed to the HBIC she really is.

I'm pretty sure he rectonned her to having slept with everyone in the Marvel Universe. That wasn't him? I pretty much dump everything bad with the X-Men on Fraction, lol.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_

@Reality said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Reality said:

I'm pretty sure he rectonned her to having slept with everyone in the Marvel Universe. That wasn't him? I pretty much dump everything bad with the X-Men on Fraction, lol.

1. It was at separate times throughout her history. Emma's been pretty much monogamous her entire life and has never cheated on Scott (other than the Namor fiasco in UXM 11?, which was not of her own volition).

2. Having numerous partners over the course of time doesn't make you a slut, it makes you a woman who enjoys sex, which is nothing anybody should be ashamed over.

3. The only people that Emma has canonly slept with since her induction, what? 30 years ago? Is that professor of hers, Sebastian Shaw, Namor, Iron Man and Scott. That's not too bad for what, something near 3000 appearances?

I agree with your point of her being interesting under Morrison (Whedon wrote her best, though), but she's doing quite well under Gillen's pen now.

Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Reality

@Mercy_ said:

@Reality said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Reality said:

1. It was at separate times throughout her history. Emma's been pretty much monogamous her entire life and has never cheated on Scott (other than the Namor fiasco in UXM 11?, which was not of her own volition).

2. Having numerous partners over the course of time doesn't make you a slut, it makes you a woman who enjoys sex, which is nothing anybody should be ashamed over.

3. The only people that Emma has canonly slept with since her induction, what? 30 years ago? Is that professor of hers, Sebastian Shaw, Namor, Iron Man and Scott. That's not too bad for what, something near 3000 appearances?

I agree with your point of her being interesting under Morrison (Whedon wrote her best, though), but she's doing quite well under Gillen's pen now.

1. I never said she was a slut. Though reading it now makes it seem that's what I was implying.
    2. Same as above.
    3. I'm pretty sure this is also related to the fact you think I think she's a slut.

What I was trying to say is that Morrison wrote her well as an intelligent woman who portrayed a unique personality (I can't think of a better manner to word it, to be honest, though I think I'm underselling it) whilst Fraction didn't capture her essence at all.

I have to say though, I seem to be one of the few people who are thinking that Gillen's run isn't all that, though that's probably because I really never got comfortable with Utopia and the whole baggage that comes with it, so I guess that makes me bias automatically. And yes, Whedon was arguably the best, he needs to go write Avengers or something and clean up the sh!t Bendis' done.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mercy_

@Reality: I realized what you meant about as soon as I hit post lol. Misinterpretation of what you wrote.

I completely agree with your assessment. I've gone on at length about Fraction and how terrible he did with her. He didn't write Emma Frost, he wrote some other character who looked like her and goes by the same name. It's a shame that it went on for as long as it did.

I didn't mind the concept of Utopia, I actually like it, as well as who Scott has become. I know I'm in the rare few on that. The only thing I didn't like about Utopia was that Fraction was writing the majority of their appearances. I love Gillen, I love what he's doing with the X-Men and specifically, I love that he's given us back the Emma that we love.

Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Reality

@Mercy_ said:

@Reality: I realized what you meant about as soon as I hit post lol. Misinterpretation of what you wrote.

I completely agree with your assessment. I've gone on at length about Fraction and how terrible he did with her. He didn't write Emma Frost, he wrote some other character who looked like her and goes by the same name. It's a shame that it went on for as long as it did.

I didn't mind the concept of Utopia, I actually like it, as well as who Scott has become. I know I'm in the rare few on that. The only thing I didn't like about Utopia was that Fraction was writing the majority of their appearances. I love Gillen, I love what he's doing with the X-Men and specifically, I love that he's given us back the Emma that we love.

1. No harm done xP.
    2. Yeah, he wrote her as an archetypal character, instead of her actual character...
    3. I'll have to disagree on that. Scott had the right amount of "hard-assness" vs other qualities before, and while its not true that "OMFG CYKLUPS IS A DUCHE. HE SUX.", because he did what he had to (as best as he could, he's not perfect) I'm not sure the direction as a whole brought anything positive to the X-Titles. Except X-Factor. And X-Force. But the former is pure Genius that is timeless, really, and the latter doesn't justify it.
    4. I guess he is, though I think he's taking the long way round about it. Can't fault him for it though, I guess.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_

@Reality said:

I'll have to disagree on that. Scott had the right amount of "hard-assness" vs other qualities before, and while its not true that "OMFG CYKLUPS IS A DUCHE. HE SUX.", because he did what he had to (as best as he could, he's not perfect) I'm not sure the direction as a whole brought anything positive to the X-Titles. Except X-Factor. And X-Force. But the former is pure Genius that is timeless, really, and the latter doesn't justify it.

Right, but then Messiah CoeX happened. Everything changed and Scott was forced, moreso than ever, to realize that he was fighting a war. Steps had to be taken and moving the X-Men into a sovereign nation was the smart move, imo. Huge points for actually seeing the character in his decisions, though. Hating on Scott seems to be the popular thing as of late. X-Factor is the most underrated book in history, I love it. It's consistently my favorite.

I guess he is, though I think he's taking the long way round about it. Can't fault him for it though, I guess.

I think that's intentional, though. How many readers were first introduced to Fraction's version of Emma? He was the main X-writer for what, three years? That's a long time, not to mention he had the landmark 500 issue. I'm sure there are plenty of people who had only read Fraction's run prior to Gillen, IMO, it would be a bit of a culture shock to turn her straight back into her normal self and it would be quite jarring for newer readers. I think that Gillen is doing it as naturally as he can.

Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Reality
    Right, but then Messiah CoeX happened. Everything changed and Scott was forced, moreso than ever, to realize that he was fighting a war. Steps had to be taken and moving the X-Men into a sovereign nation was the smart move, imo. Huge points for actually seeing the character in his decisions, though. Hating on Scott seems to be the popular thing as of late. X-Factor is the most underrated book in history, I love it. It's consistently my favorite.

I know, I wasn't arguing whether or not Scott is right, I was arguing that Messiah Complex's outcomes were unnecessary.

I think that's intentional, though. How many readers were first introduced to Fraction's version of Emma? He was the main X-writer for what, three years? That's a long time, not to mention he had the landmark 500 issue. I'm sure there are plenty of people who had only read Fraction's run prior to Gillen, IMO, it would be a bit of a culture shock to turn her straight back into her normal self and it would be quite jarring for newer readers. I think that Gillen is doing it as naturally as he can.

I understand, which is why I said that I couldn't "fault him".

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crimsonlord53

When her diamond form first manifested and she's leaving the school she says "I'm going to get myself appraised" iirc.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By AgeofHurricane

During her origins. "I tried the best i could."

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

"Darling, we're the X-Men. A day without doing something stupid isn't worth getting out of bed for."

And to Danger.

"You are still so young. You still believe and trust people... And you wish to be loved. It is of course a character flaw, but a tolerable one. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of pathetically selfish people who will exploit that. Especially boys. One might even consider you first heartbreak / betrayal / eternal virtual imprisonment of the opposite sex to be a rite of passage. So, congratulations. You're one step closer to knowing what it is to be human."

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ReVamp

@god_spawn said:

"Darling, we're the X-Men. A day without doing something stupid isn't worth getting out of bed for."

And to Danger.

"You are still so young. You still believe and trust people... And you wish to be loved. It is of course a character flaw, but a tolerable one. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of pathetically selfish people who will exploit that. Especially boys. One might even consider you first heartbreak / betrayal / eternal virtual imprisonment of the opposite sex to be a rite of passage. So, congratulations. You're one step closer to knowing what it is to be human."

The first one for sure.

And when she says to Jean: "Before you ask, yes, I did get a nose job". LOL. The art complemented it quite well too.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@ApatheticAvenger: the writer didnt no how to spell thought lol i though

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReVamp

"You'll never see me naked again". Words a man never wishes to hear.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#42  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@ApatheticAvenger: the writer didnt no how to spell thought lol i though

Sweet Satan a typo in a comic book, society as we know it will crumble around us! ;)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn said:

Scans of this?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_: It was in Uncanny X-Men 9.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn: Grazie

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_: Huh? I'm just pointing it out cause I'm sure you have read it...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn: Nope. It's in my pile I haven't touched yet <_<

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ReVamp

I have that I think. You want She-Merc?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mercy_: I just died a little on the inside cause of that...

No Caption Provided
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn: I'm sorry </3

And thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.