Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

hair

mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mario_nblc

How can her hair float when she is in diamond form?  Should they not be steady, solid?
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Darksteelwing

Nice question.
    I think they shouldn't be steady, but they shouldn't flow like normal hair either. 
    Her diamond hair should be drawn kinda like wet hair IMO.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @mario_nblc said:
    " How can her hair float when she is in diamond form?  Should they not be steady, solid? "
    This is where the "organic" part of the diamond thing kicks in. You can't look at it like you would with normal diamonds. Everything her normal body does her diamond body can do. Same thing with people like Iceman,Colossus,and Husk. Iceman and Colossus both have "organic" then their respective transformations described when it comes to their power. Husk is automatically considered as organic because she can molt into just about everything.
    mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mario_nblc

Oooooooh .. i see. Thanks Son Of Storm

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @mario_nblc said:
    " Oooooooh .. i see. Thanks Son Of Storm "
    Welcome.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darksteelwing
    @Son Of Storm: This explains her muscles still being flexible. But should it also work for her hair? I mean, a diamond thread of hair is still heavier than a normal thread.

...not that it really matters anyway. The artists will keep drawing flowing hair because it looks cooler ;)
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Darksteelwing said: 
    " @Son Of Storm: This explains her muscles still being flexible. But should it also work for her hair? I mean, a diamond thread of hair is still heavier than a normal thread.  ...not that it really matters anyway. The artists will keep drawing flowing hair because it looks cooler ;) "
    Yep. I mean how would you explain her eyes? Emma in diamond Form should TECHNICALLY be blind because the light would refract all kinda ways.That "organic" saves writers A LOT of time trying to explain how they are able to do normal thing in their transformed state.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darksteelwing
    @Son Of Storm: You got me there. This organic thing is rather convenient indeed.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Darksteelwing said:
    " @Son Of Storm: You got me there. This organic thing is rather convenient indeed. "
    LOL....Well when you have people changing into ice,steel,diamond,rock and basically everything else. You need to have an explanation about it. This is one case where the writers haven't lost their intelligence.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By riri4life

I always thought it was just her skin that turned into organic diamond, not her hair. She is sometimes drawn without "diamond hair", but yeah even if it is, it would still move cause it is still felxable just like the rest of her body in that form.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @riri4life: It's her entire body. Do you see the difference between her hair in diamond and her hair in regular form?

No Caption Provided
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By riri4life
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @riri4life: It's her entire body. Do you see the difference between her hair in diamond and her hair in regular form?

"

Yeah, but it wasn't like that originally. Plus, it probably just became that way because artists just started drawing it like that (they tend not to pay much attention to minor details). lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
    @riri4life:  You can see it in this picture, also. This is from Grant Morrison's run and is one of her first appearances (if not THE first) of her second mutation. So it was always like that.
    No Caption Provided
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By riri4life
    @The Dark Huntress:
    Okay! Geez! lol Just sayin there have been some inconsistancies. P.S. I hate it when she is drawn really white or even clear/blue like Iceman! (not to mention the tacky blue lips) lol Like this:

To me, her skin tone and hair color should show through a little. Kinda like how she was originally drawn in diamond form. (diamonds to come in different colors other than white!) lol
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By riri4life
    @The Dark Huntress:

This just looks like cheap crystal, not diamond, darling. *fake British accent* lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_
    @riri4life: I'm not a fan of Frank Quitely's work to begin with. 
    WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WoundingFactor

I thought this was going to be a thread asking why her children from alternate futures always have blond hair, despite the fact that she and the father of the children are both brunettes. And yeah, I get that it's possible for two people to have a child with hair color radically different from their own, but it happens every time.

Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By Mediant

I thought it was because it was a comic book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.