Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Grant Morrison on the Telepathic Affair

• 74 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#51  Edited By time1
    @X-MEN55 said:

" Jean was holding Scott back, Emma pushes him more and he's become an even better leader because of it. "

What putting a hit man squad together, makes him best leader ever and letting beast get torture etc
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mercy_
    @time No actually. That's not why I like it so much.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I think it's funny he mentions Jean & Scott during the Dark Phoenix arc when that.....was.......not....really.......Jean. 

<gasp>
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @Lance Uppercut said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: IMO, defending any of the three is like defending Hitler, Mao, and Stalin in a "who was less morally reprehensible" contest. You don't win, you just find out which one was less of a dick then the other two.  "
    Still this
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Gambit1024

I read the first trade finally. Good stuff. Didn't like the whole Cassandra Nova thing, but I like the way the characters were written. It's also the first time I actually cared about Emma Frost, and that's saying something because I hate that character.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " I read the first trade finally. Good stuff. Didn't like the whole Cassandra Nova thing, but I like the way the characters were written. It's also the first time I actually cared about Emma Frost, and that's saying something because I hate that character. "
    Have you read Whedon's Astonishing run. 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The Dark Huntress: I did, but that was a while ago. I reread the first trade though and now I'm trying to get the others. 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @time said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Gambit1024: It's collected in three ultimate editions. Sooooooooo worth it.  

I vouch for this. Best X-Men run ever. "
    No way in hell. You thing it's best cause of an affair. "
    Uh, no. I think it's the best because of its construction, its subtext, its excellent use of character, and pretty much everything else there is to like in a comic book that's of any literary importance. John Sublime is the best X-Men villain ever. Period. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @time said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Gambit1024: It's collected in three ultimate editions. Sooooooooo worth it.  

I vouch for this. Best X-Men run ever. "
    No way in hell. You thing it's best cause of an affair. "
    Uh, no. I think it's the best because of its construction, its subtext, its excellent use of character, and pretty much everything else there is to like in a comic book that's of any literary importance. John Sublime is the best X-Men villain ever. Period.  "
    +1
    Avatar image for jeangreyemmafrost
    jeangreyemmafrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

that messed my thoughts....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#61 god_spawn  Moderator

Still love reading this. Can't wait for the people to come here and say " he just did it to sleep with her cause's she look likes a pron star!" -_-.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why is the emphasis on Jean not being his wife anymore... she reached out to Scott. It was Scott who wasn't being a husband anymore.

And as strained at the time, a telepathic affair is just as bad (if not worse) than the real thing when you're already married to a telepath.

100% true

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that scott only saw jean as a teenager and he couldnt see her as a women like he does with emma.....so scott does have his limitations like everyone

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that scott only saw jean as a teenager and he couldnt see her as a women like he does with emma.....so scott does have his limitations like everyone

Really? That doesn't make much sense, especially since Emma would present herself as Jean, just a naughtier version of her in her "sessions" with Scott.

Scott bailed on Jean and decided the relationship wasn't worth saving. It happens. He isn't the greatest husband in the world, obviously. I think it was lame on his part, especially after everything Jean and him went through but Scott leaving for time to "think" isn't something new to the character. He returned from time spent in Alaska (a four part mini-series) to "find" himself and ultimately came back to a waiting and grateful Jean but hey -- there's no limitations on wanting to "find" yourself and if you still want to be part of a relationship.

If anything, they (the powers that be) should have presented the end of the relationship with Jean leaving him -- which would have made much more sense and would be well within her right to do so, considering all the crap he put her throughout their marriage (and relationship). But then, she died and you know -- gave Scott "permission" to be with the woman who actively sought to separate the two of them in order to save the mutant race....because he is just too important and blah, blah, blah...

It is what it is and that's ancient history. Now we get to see him be adored by teeny-boppers. Such a sexah, hawt guy.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@lykopis: I can't wait till ANXM 15........finally Scott Summers has what's coming to him (evil grins) but seriously ewww why did it have to be hank of all people isnt scotts and hanks relationship been though enough....lol

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I saw that and I still can't see that happening -- Beast and Jean? Not that it's not a possibility -- all of the male members of the original X-Men expressed their attraction to her (even Professor X.....shudder) but I like the idea of her being with someone else. In fact, if I were her, knowing what I know about the future, I would do whatever I could to change it and pursuing a relationship with Scott would probably be the first thing I would drop.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I saw that and I still can't see that happening -- Beast and Jean? Not that it's not a possibility -- all of the male members of the original X-Men expressed their attraction to her (even Professor X.....shudder) but I like the idea of her being with someone else. In fact, if I were her, knowing what I know about the future, I would do whatever I could to change it and pursuing a relationship with Scott would probably be the first thing I would drop.

yup totally agree!!!

No Caption Provided

it should of said Beauty and The Beast.....would have been funnier, we all know disney owns marvel why are they trying to hide that....lol

i would rather have teen angel and jean grey almost kissing because they did date in the 616 (and it makes more sense) but no teen angel is with cyclops in uncanny---argh

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Really? That doesn't make much sense, especially since Emma would present herself as Jean, just a naughtier version of her in her "sessions" with Scott.

Scott bailed on Jean and decided the relationship wasn't worth saving. It happens. He isn't the greatest husband in the world, obviously. I think it was lame on his part, especially after everything Jean and him went through but Scott leaving for time to "think" isn't something new to the character. He returned from time spent in Alaska (a four part mini-series) to "find" himself and ultimately came back to a waiting and grateful Jean but hey -- there's no limitations on wanting to "find" yourself and if you still want to be part of a relationship.

If anything, they (the powers that be) should have presented the end of the relationship with Jean leaving him -- which would have made much more sense and would be well within her right to do so, considering all the crap he put her throughout their marriage (and relationship). But then, she died and you know -- gave Scott "permission" to be with the woman who actively sought to separate the two of them in order to save the mutant race....because he is just too important and blah, blah, blah...

It is what it is and that's ancient history. Now we get to see him be adored by teeny-boppers. Such a sexah, hawt guy.

Exhibit A:

No Caption Provided

notice how he says redhead girl instead of woman from uncannny x-men 19

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ceddsong

In New X-men Cyclops and Jean failed each other. And additionally they grew apart. Jean could have read his mind and been more understanding of his current situation. Scott could have been more faithful and honest. The simple truth is that they found other ways to fulfill themselves.

And let us be honest. Jean has been flirting with Wolverine for at least a decade.

I like what Grant Morrison did to them. He gave them real world problems that every couples faces, they just sadly failed. And he's right about that moment on the moon when they were fighting for each other, that is stil one of the most poignant moments of their relationship and has defined it since. And despite it being the Phoenix it was still an exact copy of Jean.

I hope Emma and Scott remain on the same team whether they're involved or not. The characters work well together

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jean is a slut she has been cheating with Logan and Beast Emma Frost is so much better for Scott Emma is loyal

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jean is a slut she has been cheating with Logan and Beast Emma Frost is so much better for Scott Emma is loyal

LOL

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@mechem_93: let's not forget an overpowering cosmic force was thrown into all five hosts that were not capable to control the phoenix force.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mechem_93

@illyanarasputin: oh I didn't forget it... but she still cheated. It's ok though, Namor>Scott

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott and Jean's Pyschic bond was broken, so dont forget about that......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.