Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma's Reputation

• 93 results
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

Where does she get it from? She has only been with 3 guys [give or take], so why is she frowned upon? Sure she dress provocatively, ecspecially for a headmaster, but does she really deserve the rep she has?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
    deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

pixelized says:

"she dress provocatively"
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Pania

She plays up her sexuality is is not above/afraid of using it to get her own way. Some people resent that. If Emma was an idiot getting to the top on her back, I'd say she deserves the rep, but given that she is in fact a very intelligent and capable woman, I'd say she does not. If a man is stupid enough to let the possibility of sleeping with her distract him from holding his ground against her on a business or ethical issue, that's his look out.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've found most of the woman with "Reputations" don't really deserve them. Emma's attitude doesn't help her image any either though. She plays (or did play) the slutty, bitchy role. Its the way Marvel created her character. Its not about how many people she's actually been with, its the way she acts around all men. She's seductive. She knows men desire her and she uses that to get what she wants. Personally I think she's fond of her rep.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Midnight Lantern

I love Emma. Don't change her.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Charmcaster

Gambler says:

"I've found most of the woman with "Reputations" don't really deserve them. Emma's attitude doesn't help her image any either though. She plays (or did play) the slutty, bitchy role. Its the way Marvel created her character. Its not about how many people she's actually been with, its the way she acts around all men. She's seductive. She knows men desire her and she uses that to get what she wants. Personally I think she's fond of her rep."

cough*Iloveemmasheactslikeallprettyblondesdonothingwrongwiththat*cough

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters. The only thing I hate is how Marvel still bends over backwards to have Jean kick her @$$ everytime they fight. Its time for Emma to be one of the most powerful Marvel characters out there.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

I Absolutely Love Emma, Ecspecially when she had her little Confrontation with Ms. Marvel over the death of the students due to stryker. She's not afraid of her sexuality and people normally just see the inflated breast and hardcore stomach and then they attack her for it

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The Spartan

Charmcaster says:

"Gambler says:
    "I've found most of the woman with "Reputations" don't really deserve them. Emma's attitude doesn't help her image any either though. She plays (or did play) the slutty, bitchy role. Its the way Marvel created her character. Its not about how many people she's actually been with, its the way she acts around all men. She's seductive. She knows men desire her and she uses that to get what she wants. Personally I think she's fond of her rep."
    ***cough****Iloveemmasheactslikeallprettyblondesdonothingwrongwiththat****cough***"

Ummmmm......

Bless you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pixelized says:

"I Absolutely Love Emma, Ecspecially when she had her little Confrontation with Ms. Marvel over the death of the students due to stryker. She's not afraid of her sexuality and people normally just see the inflated breast and hardcore stomach and then they attack her for it"

attack her? I love her for it!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized

Jack the Ripper says:

"pixelized says:
    "I Absolutely Love Emma, Ecspecially when she had her little Confrontation with Ms. Marvel over the death of the students due to stryker. She's not afraid of her sexuality and people normally just see the inflated breast and hardcore stomach and then they attack her for it"
    attack her? I love her for it!"
    You like her for the way she looks? but she's a deeper character than that.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:51:19
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

pixelized says:

"Gambler says:
    "Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters. The only thing I hate is how Marvel still bends over backwards to have Jean kick her @$$ everytime they fight. Its time for Emma to be one of the most powerful Marvel characters out there."

Lack of the Phoenix force will do that to her"

Yup. Maybe its time for the Phoenix to move on. Let Jean stay dead and lets elevate Emma to the upper echelon.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pania

I dunno, I like the fact that Emma is the better telepath not because she has more raw power, but because she is far more imaginative and skilled (and less scrupulous) in using it.

Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:55:09

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

Gambler says:

"Emma Frost is one of my favorite characters. The only thing I hate is how Marvel still bends over backwards to have Jean kick her @$$ everytime they fight. Its time for Emma to be one of the most powerful Marvel characters out there."

Lack of the Phoenix force will do that to her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pixelized says:

"Jack the Ripper says:
    "pixelized says:
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:51:19"

I did not say I like her for the way she looks, I said I like the way she looks

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"I dunno, I like the fact that Emma is the better telepath not because she has more raw powers, but because she is far more imaginative and skilled (and less scrupulous) in using it.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:54:49"

Thats cool to. I just want her to be head and shoulders above everyone else. Phoenix included.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Midnight Lantern

I love Emma Frost.

NEVER Change her.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pania

Well, she's not going to be head and shoulders above the cosmic embodiment of life itself. But if Phoenix would please, please go away and never return, she certainly could be better than Jean.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

Jack the Ripper says:

"pixelized says:
    "Jack the Ripper says:
    "pixelized says:
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:51:19"
    I did not say I like her for the way she looks, I said I like the way she looks"

Understood

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized

Pania says:

"I dunno, I like the fact that Emma is the better telepath not because she has more raw power, but because she is far more imaginative and skilled (and less scrupulous) in using it.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:55:09"

Her telepathy is beautiful. I love hoe she uses it. but i'm a sucker for telekenisis which is why half of my heart os with jean as well as emma

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Midnight Lantern

pixelized says:

"Someone list them, cause all i know of is Cyclops and possibly sebastian shaw"

Well, I'm one of them.

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Midnight Lantern

pixelized says:

"Where does she get it from? She has only been with 3 guys [give or take], so why is she frowned upon? Sure she dress provocatively, ecspecially for a headmaster, but does she really deserve the rep she has?"

Emma has had more than three men.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

Someone list them, cause all i know of is Cyclops and possibly sebastian shaw

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Well, she's not going to be head and shoulders above the cosmic embodiment of life itself. But if Phoenix would please, please go away and never return, she certainly could be better than Jean. "

That works for me. I also agree with pixie....something about telekinesis. Its one of my favorite powers and Emma needs it. Actually I think she has displayed limited TK once before. But I'm not sure.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized

LOL. It must not have been great if it didnt make the series...lol

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Midnight Lantern

pixelized says:

"LOL. It must not have been great if it didnt make the series...lol"

She loves me. You jealous.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized

Midnight Lantern says:

"pixelized says:
    She loves me. You jealous."

Emma's gorgeous and all, but i'd prefer the other sex. haha

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

pixelized says:

lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Emma Frost is hot. Thats all I got to say about this

nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nyx

pixelized says:

I'm not sure how many she's been with, but there's a quote from her in (I think) Gen X where she's facing off with Iceman and he restrains her with ice on her hands and feet, and she says something along the lines of, 'Is that all? I used to pay good money--" So, Emma used to be ubber kinky. Then again, corset, thigh high boots, fur cape, c'mon, she was a bloody dominatrix.

Now, does she deserve it? Don't get me wrong, I love the character, I RP Emma in a few RPGs. Emma is a character who has a rich history and complex persona, but is dressed provocatively on a more than regular basis. I think it's more an issue of the way Marvel--comics, in general--treat their female characters. Why must Emma have barely enough material to cover her nipples? It sends a bad message to both male and female readers. I'm not sure how many female readers comic books have, I know it must be substantial. But females, especially pre-teen to mid-20s, have enough self-image problems as it is and don't need some anorexic stick figure with huge boobs to further distort their views of beauty (Yes, she must work out a lot, but that in itself is a psychological disorder, plus when have you EVER seen Emma grungy and sweaty and lifting weights?). Males, this is a patriarchal society, don't deny it. Women are still paid substantially less then men for the exact same job, amount of work, education, and skill level. Now, here we have little Ms. CEO who wears barely enough clothes to constitute as being dressed. What does that tell you? High ranking/paying job+provocative clothes= Oh mama, she is LOOSE! That is an insult to all working women who climb the cooperate ladder. It's demeaning to women in general. Does she deserve it, I think so, only because of the message her character's portrayal conveys. Is she really little miss sex kitten, I don't know. But the way they portray her, yes, she is.
    Post Edited:2008-03-20 10:20:52

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized

nyx says:

"pixelized says:
    I'm not sure how many she's been with, but there's a quote from her in (I think) Gen X where she's facing off with Iceman and he restrains her with ice on her hands and feet, and she says something along the lines of, 'Is that all? I used to pay good money--" So, Emma used to be ubber kinky. Then again, corset, thigh high boots, fur cape, c'mon, she was a bloody dominatrix. Now, does she deserve it? Don't get me wrong, I love the character, I RP Emma in a few RPGs. Emma is a character who has a rich history and complex persona, but is dressed provocatively on a more than regular basis. I think it's more an issue of the way Marvel--comics, in general--treat their female characters. Why must Emma have barely enough material to cover her nipples? It sends a bad message to both male and female readers. I'm not sure how many female readers comic books have, I know it must be substantial. But females, especially pre-teen to mid-20s, have enough self-image problems as it is and don't need some anorexic stick figure with huge boobs to further distort their views of beauty (Yes, she must work out a lot, but that in itself is a psychological disorder, plus when have you EVER seen Emma grungy and sweaty and lifting weights?). Males, this is a patriarchal society, don't deny it. Women are still paid substantially less then men for the exact same job, amount of work, education, and skill level. Now, here we have little Ms. CEO who wears barely enough clothes to constitute as being dressed. What does that tell you? High ranking/paying job+provocative clothes= Oh mama, she is LOOSE! That is an insult to all working women who climb the cooperate ladder. It's demeaning to women in general. Does she deserve it, I think so, only because of the message her character's portrayal conveys. Is she really little miss sex kitten, I don't know. But the way they portray her, yes, she is.
    Post Edited:2008-03-20 10:20:52"

All the female characters cant be carbon copies of each other running around saving the world looking like sporty spice...In one way i appreciate Marvel for making her different but i think she is overtly sexy, ecpsecially for a headmaster. I think i'm the biggest Emma fan on the planet but still, it gets to be a bit too much. Oh and the Iceman restraints comment...Being kinky doesnt need to give you a rep. I think Initially Miss Frost started out as eye candy to get more readers, but now she's an established charcter so she can still wear a corset, just put on a jacket and ensure the belly is covered....But you know, "if you got it, Flaunt it" lol..

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792

pixelized says:

"Pania says:
    "I dunno, I like the fact that Emma is the better telepath not because she has more raw power, but because she is far more imaginative and skilled (and less scrupulous) in using it.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:55:09"
    Her telepathy is beautiful. I love hoe she uses it. but i'm a sucker for telekenisis which is why half of my heart os with jean as well as emma"
    She appears to have latent telekenetic abilities.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pixelized

I think troy and emma bumped uglies, but i doubt it about the teacher....Later on she told him she was a "mutie" and he all but jumpped off a cliff. Plus he had gotten in trouble for a mere kiss, i doubt more happened.

Telekinetic or not, the way she had Kimura in tears after she took her memories of her grand mother...Brilliant....Simply Brillant

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iSHADOW

pixelized says:

yeah cyclops, sebastian shaw, iSHADOW...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I have much respect for Emma. But I heard from someone that she either seduced, or slept with Tony Stark. Is there any truth to that? I hope not.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pania

Yes, there is truth. It was confirmed in in the Civil War mini that Emma and Tony were "booty-call buddies". (Which kinda makes sense as they move in the same social circles.)

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iSHADOW

Pania says:

"Yes, there is truth. It was confirmed in in the Civil War mini that Emma and Tony were "booty-call buddies". (Which kinda makes sense as they move in the same social circles.) "

i smell celebrity sex tape

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized

Tony and Emma? Tony is so lame...although he has money, so i guess i cant hate her. lol

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pixelized

Trust me, i'll defend Emma to my death bed! but i highly doubt her and Ian did more than kiss. Besides when he met up with her again all those years later, he was with her roomate...plus if he would have cheated on emma's roomate with emma, i'm sure it would have been worthy enough to mention.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pixelized

Thats what i was talking about too...when ian mysteriously showed up as her roomates Tutor. I still think it'd be worthy of a mention had they done somethng, seeing as how it was something we were expecting to happen since high school
    Post Edited:2008-04-01 14:27:14

Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Roguegirl

I finde Rogue an much more interesting character

Luminum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Luminum

Emma probably gets her rep from her unflinching use of her body to be provocative. She even mentioned once that in the Hellfire Club, she enjoyed wearing the patronizing and sexist mandated underwear and corset because it distracted men and made them more susceptible to her telepathy. It comes more from her self-maintained image of being a sexual being and the embodiment of men's desires in order to keep the upper ground in an interaction rather than anything she's actually done.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm startin to dislike Emma Frost.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Not me. I like her, but I think she will be bored with Scott. Ah well, Scott is boooooring ! I like Emma cause she isn't, even if she's bitchy sometime. It's like Gregory House : "I'm good, but you'll hate me for what I am." For the Male dominating issue and the teen-female problem... well, Emma is not the part of the problem, just look almost every women character of the comics, they're all gorgeous and beautiful ! In the TV, that's pretty (joke !) worse, if you think I'm wrong, think about it : There's a reason why Ugly betty is remarquable as a show, so...

Emma ROCKS !

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Beside of that, she admit to use esthetical chirugy, that make her a LOT more real hat the other female character in comics. She admit she have a weakness in the physical point that is an issue for any women I know.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#46  Edited By xerox_kitty

I used to like Emm'a fiercesome reputation.  In business and in battle, people knew they were in trouble if they were up against her.  Now, I personally feel that her reputation is being diminished into someone who cries over her relationship every 5 minutes.  The White Queen should be renamed the Wet Blanket :p 

When Jean comes back (and we all know she will), then she & Emma should both walk out on Cyclops & set up their own team ;)

Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gene_Pool
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "I used to like Emm'a fiercesome reputation.  In business and in battle, people knew they were in trouble if they were up against her.  Now, I personally feel that her reputation is being diminished into someone who cries over her relationship every 5 minutes.  The White Queen should be renamed the Wet Blanket :p  When Jean comes back (and we all know she will), then she & Emma should both walk out on Cyclops & set up their own team ;) "

I'd cry tears of absolute joy if that ever happened.
    Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Foreverbbyily
    @Gene_Pool said:
    "@xerox-kitty said:
    "I used to like Emm'a fiercesome reputation.  In business and in battle, people knew they were in trouble if they were up against her.  Now, I personally feel that her reputation is being diminished into someone who cries over her relationship every 5 minutes.  The White Queen should be renamed the Wet Blanket :p  When Jean comes back (and we all know she will), then she & Emma should both walk out on Cyclops & set up their own team ;) "
    I'd cry tears of absolute joy if that ever happened. "

Emma should not team up with jean because she 
    will be even more whiny she should go back to being the  
    white q.  
    scott has made emma soft
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#49  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Foreverbbyily said:
    " @Gene_Pool said:
    "@xerox-kitty said:
    I'd cry tears of absolute joy if that ever happened. "
    Emma should not team up with jean because she will be even more whiny she should go back to being the  white q.  scott has made emma soft "
    Actually, under a decent writer (not someone like Matt 'What's Continuity?' Fraction) then they could compete with each other; pushing themselves further in an effort to out-shine the other.  Emma has always felt like she's lived in Jean's shadow, while Jean would recognise Emma as her replacement.  A strange relationship, but full of opportunity.  Certainly it would have more potential than the usual dribble that's currently in Uncanny.  There's only so many Cyclops & Emma in the bedroom, and Emma's crying moments I can take.
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By Silver Knight75

She's not exactly the most trustworthy of the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.