Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma's Friend Jaye?

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sonic5328

In Uncanny X-Men #529 Emma Frost talks about an old friend named Jaye that she used to know. Anyone know who that is?

Raionherustsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Raionherustsu

I don't think it's a character that existed previously. 
    In the Emma Frost series she was friends with Astrid Bloom and another girl I don't remember the name though... could be that girl, but I doubt it.

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sonic5328

No I already looked into that. It's not. It's weird that they mention a previously unknown mutant considering how few there are.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Belladonna

Emma mention it to Fantomex about guilt or something similar to that, she said she saw it in the newspaper after the Bastion incedent =]

Greyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greyed

obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud.

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sonic5328
    @Greyed: Um Jean wasn't killed in the Bastion attack so....
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @Greyed said:
    " obv Jaye is a salute to Jean1 of  the 2 popular currently dead X-men. Jaye and Jean? not much of a different when say it out loud. "
    Yeah....no. 
    AnvilQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AnvilQuick

The reference is to real live person (Jayè Donovynne) who worked under several pen names as a writer and artist. He suffered an aneurism causing him to exit the field. It was a nod to him.

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacobyeavello

The reference is to real live person (Jayè Donovynne) who worked under several pen names as a writer and artist. He suffered an aneurism causing him to exit the field. It was a nod to him.

Busted, the release date doesn't line up with Jaye's "Episode" which I can only assume you are him. I am screenshotting this and it's going in the evidence of your bullshit file.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick said:

Busted, the release date doesn't line up with Jaye's "Episode" which I can only assume you are him. I am screenshotting this and it's going in the evidence of your bullshit file.

jaye is a girl that it a man

AnvilQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: actually quoting the writer from his appearance at Emerald City Con. It was a "nod" to him meaning not factually based of him, just the name. If you have an issue with gender roles being switched, avoid the Thor comics ;).

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick: I know that it wasn't him that personally wrote it. I am saying his "brain troubles" hadn't happened when that issue released so it wouldn't make sense to give a "nod" to him.

Jacobyeavello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anvilquick: I'll find a way to contact him and just ask him about it. Should be educational.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.