Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma Frost diamond form questions

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

1. What happens to Emma's blood in diamond form? 2.What happens to Emma if she transforms back to her regular body if her diamond form is cracked or damaged in any way 3. What is your favorite depiction of Emma's diamond form in comics and then tv/movies

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

my favorite for comics would be this one

No Caption Provided

but my favorite for tv show/movies would be this one

I absolutely HATED Emma's New Xmen diamond form, it didn't seem like it made her a diamond, just a shiny human with skin colors

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jojo111 said:

1. What happens to Emma's blood in diamond form? 2.What happens to Emma if she transforms back to her regular body if her diamond form is cracked or damaged in any way 3. What is your favorite depiction of Emma's diamond form in comics and then tv/movies

1. It becomes diamond blood, as shown in Morrison's new X-men (when she was attacked by Sublime) .

2. I think she can still heal in her diamond form, and I think much faster than normal, given that when her arm snapped off in the last volume of UXM, she didn't seem to lose any of her diamond blood. So I imagine she'd stay in it until she had done so; otherwise she'd probably be hurt far worse.

3. I'd say John Cassaday's version, which seems to have become the standard in the comics.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jojo111: I don't think she has any blood when in diamond form... when she was shattered by a diamond bullet she was just left in chunks of shattered diamond! No shiny diamond blood was spilled or in a puddle!

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@jojo111: I don't think she has any blood when in diamond form... when she was shattered by a diamond bullet she was just left in chunks of shattered diamond! No shiny diamond blood was spilled or in a puddle!

This, and when she was shown bleeding in her diamond form it was because she was already bleeding before she went diamond, I think she shifted to get over the pain of the broken nose.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

The only one to ever make Emma bleed was Elias Bogan.

No Caption Provided

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one to ever make Emma bleed was Elias Bogan.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I was thinking of that same scan too. But aside from that particular moment, she never bled while on Diamond Form, or at least not that I can remember of.

Also, when her arm was severed while on Diamond Form by that Celestial Blast, she also didn't bleed, not until she shifted back to human form to user her TP.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

Doesn't bleed in diamond form and some depictions have her pretty much completely solid all the way through. She's been shattered and there wasn't a glossy puddle, but a glossy pile. She also had her arm broken off and was fine. It wasn't until she reverted back to human form that she would have bled out and needed Namor to clutch the wound closed.

Which answers your next question. Whatever damaged sustained in diamond form would be mirrored in human form but with those human repercussions. Like I said, she lost her arm and was fine in diamond form. When she transformed back to human, she would have bled out.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arcano_19

the thing is that before it was suppose that only her skin turned to diamond, now is the whole body like colossus this happens in microseconds and she turn into a no living yet sentient diamond

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing is that before it was suppose that only her skin turned to diamond, now is the whole body like colossus this happens in microseconds and she turn into a no living yet sentient diamond

She's still alive in diamond form though. She still needs to breathe. And how do we breathe, class?

That's right, with our blood.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler said:

@arcano_19 said:

She's still alive in diamond form though. She still needs to breathe. And how do we breathe, class?

No, she doesn't need to breathe. She doesn't need any form of sustenance in diamond form. She can live in that form for as long as she wants. Same with Colossus.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Veitha

Was it supposed that only the skin turned to diamond? I thought so at the start, but then Morrison implied that her whole body was made of diamond more than a time(when she discovered her mutation, Beast called her a "living diamond", Sublime threatened her to break her diamond form only some issues later, and then her body was broken). I think that she was like colossus since the start, it was the art which made only her skin look like diamond.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@god_spawn said:

No, she doesn't need to breathe. She doesn't need any form of sustenance in diamond form. She can live in that form for as long as she wants. Same with Colossus.

what makes you think she (or Colossus) doesn't need to breathe?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I know I've seen Colossus in outer-space wearing a space suit, so I'm just wondering what you're basing that on.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler: I know the Marvel handbook has stated Colossus does not require, food, water, or oxygen in his organic steel form and make mention he would not survive in a vacuum, hence the space suit most likely.

No Caption Provided

And I have seen Emma make comments in her diamond form that she doesn't require sustenance either. I can't find my scans for them right now, though.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I know the Marvel handbook has stated Colossus does not require, food, water, or oxygen in his organic steel form and make mention he would not survive in a vacuum, hence the space suit most likely.

And I have seen Emma make comments in her diamond form that she doesn't require sustenance either. I can't find my scans for them right now, though.

ooh, you got me there; good show!

I still don't think it makes any sense, but I'm sure I've ignored crazier things in the context of an X-men comic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler: Glad I could help you learn something. I will say this, Colossus does actually bleed in organic form sometimes. It's just supposed to be this energy that leaks out and he is more hollow since holes have been blown in him before. Emma on the other hand, is solid all the way through, as seen when shattered. Whether transparent or not, based on artistic interpretation.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: see, I've seen both Colossus and Emma bleed in their "armored" forms, so between that and Colossus' space suit (and, well, the fact that they're alive), I assumed that they needed to breathe.

crazy, man, just crazy. But I guess that's how it goes.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Emma is also immune to virus and pheromones, while Colossus isn't(when Bishop used a virus against the X-Men, Emma was the only one who resisted against that, while Peter didn't)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler: Colossus has consistently bleed in organic steel form, though. What is inconsistent about it is the fact he bleeds blood or some kind of energy. Emma on the other hand, bled once because of outside factors.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@arcano_19 said:

And Mercury!!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: see, I knew that about Mercury, but (as I understand it) she's sort of different in that she doesn't actually have a human form, she just emulates one.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: see, I knew that about Mercury, but (as I understand it) she's sort of different in that she doesn't actually have a human form, she just emulates one.

She's a shape-shifter (sort of)... To make her mutation less noticeable and different, she makes herself look more human-like and she eats and drinks so that she can feel normal even though she doesn't need to!!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@papad1992: that's exactly why I don't put her in the same category as Colossus or Emma, or even other shape shifters like Iceman or Dust; she's a more singular organism in that she can't (as far as we know) revert back to human form. It's something I always appreciated about her friendship with Rockslide, who's sort of more in that same category. It's interesting how they were two of the more human like characters, despite not being physically human at all.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: that's exactly why I don't put her in the same category as Colossus or Emma, or even other shape shifters like Iceman or Dust; she's a more singular organism in that she can't (as far as we know) revert back to human form. It's something I always appreciated about her friendship with Rockslide, who's sort of more in that same category. It's interesting how they were two of the more human like characters, despite not being physically human at all.

She was one of the first characters I loved initially when I first read New X-Men series right off the back because of her unique abilities and sleek look! I agree she's not in the category as Colossus or Emma power-wise but she kinda is on a more detailed scale because she doesn't need sustenance, much like Colossus and Emma...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was one of the first characters I loved initially when I first read New X-Men series right off the back because of her unique abilities and sleek look! I agree she's not in the category as Colossus or Emma power-wise but she kinda is on a more detailed scale because she doesn't need sustenance, much like Colossus and Emma...

Although they would if they reverted to human form. Remember when Colossus reverted to human form when he was first trying to get over what he assumed was Kitty's death? Just eating plate after plate of food in that diner? haha! I loved that.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

Although they would if they reverted to human form. Remember when Colossus reverted to human form when he was first trying to get over what he assumed was Kitty's death? Just eating plate after plate of food in that diner? haha! I loved that.

Let's not forget the tattoo that he attempted to get but couldn't...

(I think he actually finally got it though... I remember a scan somewhere!?)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@papad1992 said:Let's not forget the tattoo that he attempted to get but couldn't...

the funny thing about that is, (I'm pretty sure) he actually did eventually get that tattoo, and it was just never mentioned (or ever seen) again.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:Let's not forget the tattoo that he attempted to get but couldn't...

the funny thing about that is, (I'm pretty sure) he actually did eventually get that tattoo, and it was just never mentioned (or ever seen) again.

Found it...

No Caption Provided

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

Found it...

No Caption Provided

I don't think that's it. I thinks it's that creepy old dude with tattoo mental powers illustrating Colossus' thoughts on his chest.

isn't it?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By papad1992

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Found it...

No Caption Provided

I don't think that's it. I thinks it's that creepy old dude with tattoo mental powers illustrating Colossus' thoughts on his chest.

isn't it?

IDK....

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@papad1992: I feel pretty confident that that isn't his tattoo.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Emma can't bleed in her diamond form.

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if emma did not bleed when her arm got blown off then i think its safe to say she does not bleed.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Veitha

Just to say, have you guys seen her future evolution in the BOTA game? The Graphite Form.... Man that is a terrible idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.