Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6153 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Diamond Form;

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmmaGrace

SO I've been reading a lot of Emma Frost vs. ( ) sort of things,and half the time her diamond form is what takes the win but others it seems totally useless. So what are the strength/resistance extents of her diamond form?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace:
    Her strength goes up to 2 tons. Her durability is what i say increases the most. In diamond form she took a smack and getting slammed to waist deep in the ground from World War Hulk . He couldve crushed her if he wanted to but she still was fighting on after the smack. In her diamond form she was able to fight Bishop and Sage then took an energy blast from Bishop which slammed through the wall outside and was sent flying quite the distance and she was perfectly fine. 

She survived a plane crash with cyclops getting attacked and remained concious while cyclops was unconcious. 

It's kind of hard to say what her limit is but  her durability in diamond form is pretty high IMO and is ranked 5 in the handbook. The only problem is like a diamond she has a weak spot and if it hit there with sufficient force she will shatter. Storm said a with her winds and a metal spear she could shatter Emma's body if hit at the right angle. Emma was shattered by getting shot at the right angle with a special diamonized bullet. But  I hope these feats helped and if you have any more questions ask me.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmmaGrace

Thank you! This was extremely helpful, and the scans were great. :) 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace:
    your welcome and thanks :)
    dlzut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dlzut
    @EmmaGrace:
    To me the funniest thing about Emma Frost is that she combines 2 powers - her psionic powers ane her diamon form.   

That is the individual powers of the 2 first mutants "battling" to gain Scott Summers :  
    * Professot Charles Xavier who was looking for his first student (at least as presented back in 1963)
    *  the living Diamond (real name fogotten) who was a thief (or at least trying to be one and getting caught). 

Dlzut

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#6  Edited By AssertingValor

In the movie she could deflect bullets, which is a load of crap,
    she would shatter into a million pieces!..................
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

Her diamond form also seems to affect her telepathy and emotions. She can't use telepathy in diamond form though it also gives her a bit more mental resistance (though this has occasionally been circumvented). When she can't let herself be distracted by emotion she often goes into diamond form because then she's emotionless.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

@ebuchanan said:

I'm about 98% certain that she's also used her diamond form to deflect bullets in the comics. Her shatterpoint is one point in her diamond form that causes her to break, hitting anywhere but that spot and she usually remains unharmed.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @ebuchanan said:

LOL no. She's pretty much impervious to damage when in diamond form. There is a flaw in one part of her form (it's alluded to that the shatterpoint is her face) and even then, it was a diamond bullet that was used to "kill" her.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmmaGrace

The fact that she has a shatter point is stupid to me, it ruins the invincibilty factor..

Emma: "Go ahead, hit me. I'm invincible!"

Anyone: "Uh, I'll just hit your shatter point, duuhh."

Emma: "Damn..."

/:

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AssertingValor

But im sayin in real life diamonds are much less structurely sound than steel even  and shatters easilly with a hammer!...........
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

@EmmaGrace said:

The fact that she has a shatter point is stupid to me, it ruins the invincibilty factor..

Emma: "Go ahead, hit me. I'm invincible!"

Anyone: "Uh, I'll just hit your shatter point, duuhh."

Emma: "Damn..."

/:

It's the result of a flaw when she was given the power by Cassandra Nova.

@ebuchanan said:

But im sayin in real life diamonds are much less structurely sound than steel even and shatters easilly with a hammer!...........

I've learned to leave real life logic out of comics and just accept them for what they are.

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nikbackm
    @ebuchanan said:

But im sayin in real life diamonds are much less structurely sound than steel even  and shatters easilly with a hammer!...........
    Obviously, we're not talking about real life diamonds here. At least I've never heard of any that were flexible enough to walk around ;)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mercy_
    @EmmaGrace: Meh. I have mixed feelings on the shatter point. But it's obviously not common knowledge where it is or even that she has it. 

@ebuchanan said:

Yes and in real life people don't come from the dying planet Krypton and save the world repeatedly. Or fire bullets back through time. Or breath in space. Or fly. Or control weather. Or turn into giant rock creatures. Or re-spawn themselves from a single drop of blood. It's comics, there has to be a certain suspension of disbelief. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

In the movies you only assume that "Layla's sister Emma" is Emma Frost because she has a diamond form.

Even the movie makers have stated that it doesn't mean she's Emma Frost (a cheap get out to have her appear in X-Men First Class, but it still proves that you shouldn't assume it's her).

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @ebuchanan: Diamond s are the strongest natural substance known to man. They are formed under incrediable amounts of heat and pressure and are hugely tough, far tougher than any metal we currently have. as for them being structually sound they are fomed and held togethre by the strongest atomic bond on earth again that statement is massively wrong.

See this 

If you could shatter a diamond with a hammer you would have to have Superman level strenght  preety much and something equally as strong the other side so u dont just hot the diamond through it.

As fro Emmas diamond form if ist even half as strong as a real dimaond she could tank hits from massively heavy hitters, thou since she has the floor this is greatly lessened.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AssertingValor

Sorry i still cannot reply to people for some reason.

DarkHuntress: You always have a snappy comeback that should have been left alone

Lazystudent: almost everything you said is off by  a whim...............

Humans have created synthetic diamonds than are harder than real diamonds,
    Diamonds and similar substances like rubies, topaz and carabide are all much harder than steel, but break much easier!
    Diamonds are not tough at all, only hard and dense, i'd like to see somebody build a house with a diamond hammer only to see it explode on the third nail ha ha

The reason diamonds break easier is because their molecules have little room to move, diamond cannot dent, cannot bend.
    Glas is the same way! it is much harder than steel but breaks much easier, (try scratching a piece of clean glass with a knife! don't work...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

>_>

No Caption Provided
    She's tough...let's just go with that.
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By oldgum

So, if she stay  in diamond form, she can be immortal?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Timandm
    @ebuchanan said:

In real life (and we have to remember Marvel often ignores real life) most Diamonds have flaws and these flaws are the points that crack.

A daimond, by definition, is a large molecule of pure carbon.  Ever single carbon atom is chemically bonded to four other carbon atoms...  Now, if the diamond has some OTHER atom in it, then it is flawed... Any carbon that does not have FOUR other carbons bonded to it, is flawed...  So, Emma theoretically has NO FLAWS in her diamond form (which given her arrogance and vanity she'd easily believe) with only one exception...  that point happens to be in one of her vertebrae...  That's where she was shot by one of the Cuckoo sisters during the Xorn thing...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Timandm
    @oldgum said:
    So, if she stay  in diamond form, she can be immortal?
    That question has been raised in regard to Ruby, the daughter of Scott and Emma from the future... Ruby, as you might have guessed, has a Ruby form.  We meet Ruby when Lila Miller travels to the future with Jamie Madrox.  Anyway, Ruby is more than 80 years old at the time but still looks very young, in her RUBY form... But she never converts back to her flesh form so we don't know if her flesh form is aging...  I think she's afraid to find out... My guess would be that as long as she's in her Ruby form she's absolutely not aging or aging VERY slowly....  I would think the same is true for Emma...
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Osiris1428
    @god_spawn said:
    >_>
    No Caption Provided
    She's tough...let's just go with that.
    So if I smacked her in the back of the head with a vibrianium bat, she would revert back and be toast, eh?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @Osiris1428: Doubt it.
    stepford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stepford
    @god_spawn said:

No Caption Provided

We never knew Storm could lift 436 pounds .
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @stepford: Of course she can, it;s storm she does anything like can beat Galactus.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    Haha, with one hand tied behind her back ;) 

Anyways, I think it's safe to assume Emma's diamond form is more durable than a real diamond. And we can all agee comics follow real life about as much as Rebecca Black sings real music :)
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace said:
    @god_spawn: Haha, with one hand tied behind her back ;)  Anyways, I think it's safe to assume Emma's diamond form is more durable than a real diamond. And we can all agee comics follow real life about as much as Rebecca Black sings real music :)
    Lol's so true
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By butterflykyss

Ok so question? Emma lost her arm while in the diamond form recently. Does anyone happened from this? Is her arm back or no?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@butterflykyss said:

Ok so question? Emma lost her arm while in the diamond form recently. Does anyone happened from this? Is her arm back or no?

At least in UXM we don't know. She didn't appear in UXM4, Psylocke took her place on the team. I haven't picked up X volume 3 since the whole Space Monkey thing guards them so I don't know if it's been mentioned in other issues. It should be reattached by the next issue she appears in UXM wise, at least when you have eggheads like X-club around they should be able to do a simple limb reattachment.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@butterflykyss: Oh they should probably find it first too. The whole arm wasn't broken it was more severed and it was left where the Celestial probe blasted it off unless someone ran off with it, it wasn't touched up.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LadyHarley

Just curious, are there any limitations? Because if she weighs as much as you say then why does she easily get thrown about on certain occasions? I cannot label anything specific but I just remember times she is like close to invincible and other times she can easily thrown by not-very-powerful beings. Or does this just depend on the writer?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@LadyHarley said:

Just curious, are there any limitations? Because if she weighs as much as you say then why does she easily get thrown about on certain occasions? I cannot label anything specific but I just remember times she is like close to invincible and other times she can easily thrown by not-very-powerful beings. Or does this just depend on the writer?

She only weighs like 440 pounds, that really isn't that much. As for other super strong characters not getting thrown around is because A) Comic logic, Hulk punches Thing, Thing does not go flying despite not weighing remotely close to what Hulk can lift. B) The character is strong enough to stand their ground which is probably the more than likely and logical reason. Unfortunately Emma isn't the latter. For being nearly indestructible Emma's strength caps at about 2 tons which suggests why she can be thrown around easily. She is one of those characters that is super durable but her strength doesn't come close to most people in that durability catagory.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By butterflykyss

@god_spawn said:

@butterflykyss: Oh they should probably find it first too. The whole arm wasn't broken it was more severed and it was left where the Celestial probe blasted it off unless someone ran off with it, it wasn't touched up.

Thanks god_spawn, I'm just seeing this!!! :D

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@butterflykyss: No problem, UXM5 just touched up on it actually. They mentioned she is recovering from her injuries so I just assumed they got her arm back. In the mean time Psylocke is on the team as the telepath.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By StormyWeather

i like the Cuckoos better, they can use their telepathy in Diamond form lol, they r not as experienced as Emma in their telepathy tho, but that Diamond form can come in handy!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mercy_

@StormyWeather said:

i like the Cuckoos better, they can use their telepathy in Diamond form lol, they r not as experienced as Emma in their telepathy tho, but that Diamond form can come in handy!!

O_o they can? I don't recall seeing this.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StormyWeather

@The Dark Huntress: yea read their wiki

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StormyWeather

@ebuchanan: i tend to think like u, but i guess a diamond as big as a human being is harder? lol idk, when i first learned she could to diamond i was like ehh that's cool, b/c realistically diamonds are not THAT hard

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AssertingValor

It would be cooler is she could change to a form made of Degenerate Matter rather than diamond, then she would be nigh unstoppable, strong, and impervious......

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nikbackm

@ebuchanan said:

It would be cooler is she could change to a form made of Degenerate Matter rather than diamond, then she would be nigh unstoppable, strong, and impervious......

I don't think that would make sense. She would be far too heavy to be able to move, and would fall straight to the center of the planet. Degenerate matter would not be stable outside of a very strong gravity well either.

So better stick to organic diamond, that works. In comparison at least!

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Soulstealer

@stepford said:

@god_spawn said:
    No Caption Provided
    We never knew Storm could lift 436 pounds .

I think of it as Storm slowing Emma down with her body and probably lifting them both with the winds she uses for flight.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By arcano_19

looooool in the first comics she has diamond skin u can see her bleeding

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.