Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Am I the only one who still doesn't fully trust her?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

I don't know what it is about her. She's been on the 'good side' just as long as Gambit has, and I trust him (at least I did until he joined the Marauders again...), but I've never been able to fully trust that Emma won't stab the X-Men in the back someday.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

She mite, but she dose want to protect the Mutant race, so as long as she dosen't turn into Magneto, she'll be fine

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

IDK why, she hasn't been evil in about 20 years now. She not going to bake cookies for you when you need cheering up, but there's no reason not to trust her.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't trust her.  I don't think that she's going to go back to being a villain again, but I don't trust her... But I think she made a better villain than a hero. 

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By IcePrince_X

I prefer White Queen to be neutral... she does what she does as long as it puts her forward than the others. Kinda like Catwoman only more of a b#tch version. But I agree, regardless if she was a villain before, Emma has known to be caring to her students even in a little way possible and do care about mutant affairs.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized
    xerox_kitty said:
    I don't trust her.  I don't think that she's going to go back to being a villain again, but I ... [more]
    Why don't you trust her? ]= If you two were on the same team, she'd be commited to your safety... unless you're a student, then you may have reason to worry.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg

Of course I don't fully trust her. I don't think I'm supposed to.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Power NeXus
    pixelized said:
    IDK why, she hasn't been evil in about 20 years now. She not going to bake cookies for you when ... [more]

Maybe I'm just biased against her because she's with Scott. The romance of Scott and Jean was probably 20 years in the making (our time), then they FINALLY get married and they're living a cool married life. Then Scott starts telepathically cheating on Jean with a b!+chy blonde Victoria's Secret model who used to be an enemy of the X-Men. Jean gets really pissed off about it but dies (again...). Just before she dies she gives her blessing to Scott and Emma.
    And just like that, Scott and Jean's relationship is obliterated.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I trust her. Marvel's completely changed her character around. I posted some scans in the X-Men thread about the Upcoming "Dark Avengers vs X-Men" crossover. And they have some of Matt Fraction's own views on individual characters. He explains the reason Osborn has targeted the X-Men is because Emma hasn't been living up to her side of the deal in the Cabal (in so many words). Her loyalty is, and has been, to the X-Men for years now. She's come through time and time again. In fact I think she'll always side with them up until they the day they (marvel) bring Jean back. That's the only way she'll turn evil again in my opinion.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized
    Power NeXus said:
    pixelized said: IDK why, she hasn't been evil in about 20 years now. She not going to bake cookies for ... [more]

They were falling out of love with one another before the Psychic Affair. That's why he sought Emma's help, because she's a licensed [sex] therapist.... In Obliterating the marriage, she just sped up the inevitable.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think they would have fallen out of love with each other if Grant Morrison hadn't been given free reign to shake everything up.  The first thing he did?  Destroyed their marriage.  You can just tell he's living a happily ever after :p

I just don't trust her.  I don't particular like her, but I'll respect her.  I mean, she's not the stereotypical villain any more, so she's not kidnapping teenagers, brainwashing them and cackling about taking over the world any more.  Although that was more entertaining than those dreadful mini stories where writers make her emo and insecure because they think it gives her character depth.  She's an extremely powerful telepath... there's no way she'd feel insecure about what other people think!

Not to mention she's bad luck.  She ditched Hellion, her favourite student.  The majority of her previous students are dead.  Even the one X-Man who she insisted should be brought onto the team... trapped in an inter-galactic planet sized bullet.  

But as a character, I wouldn't trust her as much as I would trust having Mystique on my team.  She's only on your side so long as it suits her.  You never know if what you're thinking is your own thoughts or because she wants you to think it.  I wouldn't stand to be around who looks down on me, let alone someone who preaches about saving the earth but then makes a detour in the blackbird just to buy some ridiculously over-priced lingerie in Paris.  And, well... I just don't trust her.  If my life was on the line, I don't believe Emma Frost would go all out to help save me... or anyone else.  The only bacon she saves is her own.  Or someone who's filthy rich enough to warrant her attention.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

I have to disagree with the Last paragraph,  Emma is an X-Man, has been for years, and because of that she's commited to her teammates. While on the surface what she may be doing may seem shady or selfish, there's always more to it, i.e.. Kitty/Cassandra Nova/Emma in Astonishing X-Men. She thought she was protecting Hellion by abandoning him and cutting his ties with the X-Men. I do understand the minor Paranoia bit about whether or not she's using her abilities to influence your thoughts, and i can understand a distrut there, but overall, her heart is in the right place even though we may not agree on the course of action.

One thing that i hate though is how Emma Was portrayed in generation X, to how she is now. Generation X started out as The Former White Queen then turned into a Soccer Mom, and now... well, we know how is Emma is now. But what happened in between?! Surely it wasn't just murdering her sister because she killed Synch.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

Most of  the X-Men aren't supposed to be trusted.... I mean even Boy scout Scott has done his questionable things.... It's just the fact that Emma tried to kill her temates once in a while makes her even a higher candidate for doing something dumb or not-trustworthy.....

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

Yeah, I accept she's been with the X-Men for such a long time now.  I re-read the Phalanx Covenant the other week, and she was wonderfully bitchy all the way through.  But they were forced to rely on her, even though they weren't sure whether they could trust her.  That's how I prefer her.  As someone who isn't wholly reliable.  

And I COMPLETELY agree about the changes they made to her in Gen X.  I still can't believe I stayed with that from start to finish.  I can believe I sold the majority of it.  Anyway, I really hated the fluffy Frost characterisation.  I can see why they've swept most of Ge nX continuity under the carpet, so they could make her an ice queen again.  But... 

I prefer her as a character you can't completely trust.  She's a snotty stuck up cow who shouldn't have to do the gruff work.  I know a lot of characters have been former villains, but none of them were half as good at it as she was.  Which is why I prefer to see the villain in her... not Cyclops' self-doubting other half.  I just seems that the easy way to write her is as a sex mad high-class strumpet.  But um, yeah... I went a little off track.  Anyway, even if I was on a team with her, I would fight along side her, but I still wouldn't trust her to be plotting something else... but that's just a personal feeling :)
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

i completely understand what you're saying, i'm a tad biased in that i want her to be around with the X-men for centuries and so i'd like you to stop giving Matt Fraction's ideas please. He is a member of CV, i just know it... seriously though, i can accept her to always be calculating something or another, but i don't want her to be cut from the same cloth as Mystique. But she's been reformed for 20 years so to digress her like that back to the, "whose side is she really on" stuff would seem a little Deja Vu at this point.  But Idk, i understand your hesitation to trusting her fully now!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

I know she's your ice queen, just as I love the bratty explosive types :)  And I'm just a bundle of inconsistant thoughts when it comes to Emma.  I know she's been reformed, but I preferred her as a villain.  That said, I don't want her to suddenly ditch all her years with Gen X & the X-Men to become a villain again...  A lot of the X-Men books seem to revovle around her & Cyclops lately... I'd hate for her to become the new "Jeeeeeeeeaaaaaan!" if you know what I mean ;)

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized

LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. whatever i was drinking has now been spat out onto the floor.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John_Feaster
    Gambler said:
    I trust her. Marvel's completely changed her character around. I posted some scans in the X-Men thread about the Upcoming ... [more]

I love her, and think she's become a facinating character...and don't trust her for an instant. Their are always schemes and plots spinning behind those eyes. And if Jean comes back, I hope she moves past Scott and gets on with her life. That man's a waste of her time...and Emma's, for that matter...
    Avatar image for marietta_xmen_jean
    marietta_xmen_jean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't trust her!!! not at all!!!! and not because she "stole" scott but there's something about her that makes me think that she'll end up killing some of the x men!!!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ARMIV

You're not alone.
    I cannot trust her...
    Something about the way she is...

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John_Feaster

Maybe something ablut how she's prancing around in black and serving Norman Osbourn like a stuge has something to do with it. Though...it could all be an act. She could finish the Dark X-Men series (books I wont be buying, as I can't afford to add any more books to my list) by betraying Norman and trouncing the Dark Avengers.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Watch Dog
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    Maybe something ablut how she's prancing around in black and serving Norman Osbourn like a stuge has something to do with it. Though...it could all be an act. She could finish the Dark X-Men series (books I wont be buying, as I can't afford to add any more books to my list) by betraying Norman and trouncing the Dark Avengers. "
    I hope not I want her to be a villen again I know she's been good longer than she was bad but like her better bad.
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Power NeXus

I actually sort of want her to become a villian again. At least then we'll be able to trust that she is what she says she is, instead of uncertainly wondering what to do about her.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    Maybe something ablut how she's prancing around in black and serving Norman Osbourn like a stuge has something to do with it. Though...it could all be an act. She could finish the Dark X-Men series (books I wont be buying, as I can't afford to add any more books to my list) by betraying Norman and trouncing the Dark Avengers. "
    she's with norman to protect mutants from him. 
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John_Feaster

And I accept that she's trying to do the right thing...but still feel it's the worst way to do it. But...time will tell. With luck, she'll handle the situation better than Tony, Reed and company handled the Regestration.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Korg

She's not doing a very good job, Pix. She could have been at the protest in the opening of Utopia to keep everyone calm. She met with Osborn instead of helping with the riots later in the same issue. As a result, Beast and Scott are incarcerated, and students are needlessly injured on both occasions. These things are not good for mutants. Neither is imprisoning Xavier and stealing his (and others') powers.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized

what do you expect from Matt Fraction Korgy Pie?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
    @pixelized said:
    " what do you expect from Matt Fraction Korgy Pie? "
    A cheap trade to complete my collection when it's 33% off at Amazon?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized
    @Korg said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " what do you expect from Matt Fraction Korgy Pie? "
    A cheap trade to complete my collection when it's 33% off at Amazon?
    "
    exactly, he's writing someone elses idea and thinks he's being clever but is failing miserably. 
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg

What do you mean by "writing someone elses idea"?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MichonneHack27

Awww no you're not. I don't really trust her either.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope. I don't trust her either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.