Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6153 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

A question about Emma Frost and the Cuckoos.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By X_Titans

Emma Frost is natural brunette but the Cuckoos have blonde hair. If they are her clones, shouldn't they also be brunettes?

crazy8504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By crazy8504

good point all I can say is either is goofed up on writers end or the cuckoos are brunette as well a dyed their hair, because they did like to imitate emma and acted like mini emmas, before it was revealed that they were clones.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EnSabahNurX

My guess to rationalize it, they are clones so they had their genes altered to make them blonde since emma hates being brunette lol

Phoenix XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Phoenix XII

their not really clones, their born from cloned eggs, they have a father, the guy who made them used his sperm. i can't rember his name

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeoAndroid

Sorry for asking this in your thread but are they still out of action since the fragment of the phoenix left them? Or are they back?

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By X_Titans

@NeoAndroid: They're just used to run Cerebra scans nowadays.

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeoAndroid

@X_Titans: So there up and walking? Or placed under there to keep cereba going till they awake?

BoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoomBoom

Something that I never understood was Emma's Diamond powers. They were created by Cassandra nova apparently, but the Cuckoos seems to have this power also.

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nikbackm

@BoomBoom: Yeah, that's because they weren't created by Nova as suggested in Astonishing X-Men #13. This was explained in Astonishing X-Men #18, but it seems the interminable delays of the title had lost many of those readers by then!

BoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoomBoom

@nikbackm: Diamond Form: Emma gained a secondary mutation during the destruction of Genosha in New X-Men #115, which manifested as complete transmutation of her organic tissues into organic diamond. It was later revealed in a flashback that Cassandra Nova catalyzed Emma Frost's secondary mutation in order to allow her to survive the harsh environment of Genosha (however, it is still questionable if this is really true) . (Just got it from her profile)

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nikbackm

@BoomBoom: Well, the profile is just like a wiki, anyone can edit it. Better go straight to the sources; Astonishing X-Men #13-18. Mainly the first and last ones of those.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_
    @NeoAndroid

@X_Titans: So there up and walking? Or placed under there to keep cereba going till they awake?

They are up and walking. Theyre just used mostly to conduct scans and other telepathy things.
    Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X_Titans:

I had the question before and I thought about the differences between the Cuckoos and Emma and most of them I chalked up to them being genetic Emma's daughters and not her clones. You see when the Stepford Cuckoos came to the school and they started to deceive Emma and the rest of the school but even thought they deceive and where there to learn there powers on a higher level why didn't Emma notice that they five girls looked like her when she was there age and I think this is because they don't exactly look like Emma. Doctor Sublime must have when he created them changed some of Emma "DNA" around when making them and changed some things like the flaw in Emma's diamond form, the link between their telepathy, and I guess their hair. XD Anyways I'm a big fan of the Stepford Cuckoos and Emma Frost and not even I believe that they look same especially without anyone, specifically Emma, picking up on that they look like her even more then a base level.

Plus the girls are cloned from 'eggs' of Emma and they have a father so they may gotten their genetic trait for Blonde hair from their father.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.