Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

A diamond is forever...

machineteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By machineteen

Ok, so this had kinda been on my mind here and there, could Emma basically live forever or at least a very long time?

She is organic diamond afterall, which I'm not even sure can completely deteriorate. When I thought of this I imagined Emma purposely sleeping in her diamond form in order to preserve herself, as she'd obviously age while not in diamond form. That is so her to do that. However, this just adds to how shes sort of turned into the female Wolverine, they both lusted over one half of a specific couple, theyre both loners who do things their own way, no matter how severe, they both seem to be everywhere, in everybook, both scary to a degree and now they can both live very long lives. 

Anyway I hope there will be an alternate universe that will address this sometime, I know there was that diamondheart  thing, but i have yet to read it, i dont even know where that came out in. But what are your thoughts on this?

Of course this would also apply to people with similar traits like Collussus and even the Thing.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Ruby Summers, says she'd probably die instantly if she ever left her "diamond" form. She hasn't eaten or even had water in forever and has been it so long, that she's lost track of time all together. So yes, Emma remaining as a diamond should slow her aging down dramatically if not stop it completely.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @pixelized: 
    Well, Ruby has said that she's spent seventy years in ruby form. This allowed her to live without food or water. Much in the same way, in that time line, Cyclops has so many cybernetics that he no longer needs food, but batteries.

Ruby has said that she hasn't dropped the ruby form out of fear that she will age those seventy years in seconds. Not that she knows it will happen. It's just a fear.
    As far as she knows the ruby form could be like other mutant powers that have allowed mutants to cheat time. Such as Selene, the healing factors of Wolverine and Sabretooth, or the shape shifting abilities of Mystique.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Watch Dog
    @machineteen: I like your comparison to Wolverine.

now on a side note I did not like the portrayal of Emma's persanalaty in the most resent Uncanny X-men ish I understand what there trying to git across but it was just written bad
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Watch Dog said:
    "now on a side note I did not like the portrayal of Emma's persanalaty in the most resent Uncanny X-men ish I understand what there trying to git across but it was just written bad "
    That's already been covered in Who does HATE Fraction's work on Emma's personality?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @pixelized:  Well, Ruby has said that she's spent seventy years in ruby form. This allowed her to live without food or water. Much in the same way, in that time line, Cyclops has so many cybernetics that he no longer needs food, but batteries.  Ruby has said that she hasn't dropped the ruby form out of fear that she will age those seventy years in seconds. Not that she knows it will happen. It's just a fear. As far as she knows the ruby form could be like other mutant powers that have allowed mutants to cheat time. Such as Selene, the healing factors of Wolverine and Sabretooth, or the shape shifting abilities of Mystique. "
    isn;'t ruby from 80 years in the future? so if she hass been  a diamond for 70 of those 80... shouldn't she be appearing in 616 like tomorrow?
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well, you are trying to find time continuity in a series where characters have been in their mid 20s to early 30s for the past ten to twenty years. Time moves slower in comics. 

I like Ruby. I'd love for her to come to the 616 universe. Peter David's writing tends to imply she will be appearing in some manner. When Madrox first met Ruby. She said something along the lines of this not being their first meeting. At least not from her perspective. Whenever she's around Madrox she talks to him as if she's known him for years, thought Madrox comments he met her yesterday.

In the X-Factor Layla Miller special issue. Layla meets up with Cyclops after breaking free from the mutant concentration camp. He's been waiting for Layla and holding this worn picture of a grown up Layla that appears just as she is when she arrives. Ruby takes a brand new picture and this one appears exactly like the one this old Scott is has been holding for decades. Layla seems to know that she will be going back to her own time and needs to give Scott this new picture and tell him where to be. 
    This is still a possible future since, from what the child Bishop told, the Mutant Messiah was somehow responsible for mutants being put in these camps. Hope is expected to return with Cable in the December issues.

This seems to imply one of two things. After Layla and Jamie Madrox get back to their time line. A Ruby at a younger stage in life, then she was in X-Factor, travels back in time where she meets Jamie Madrox. For her it would count as their first meeting. Possibly joining X-Factor or X-Men.

Another possibility is that Ruby is born in the 616 Universe as the first character born and raised to the X-Men comics. The way Franklin Richards was born in the Fantastic Four series.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I would like to see her born soon :]

but idk if it would be good or bad...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized

Isn't Ruby living proof that mutants will exist after Hope?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @pixelized said:
    " Isn't Ruby living proof that mutants will exist after Hope? "
    I'm 99.9% sure lol
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized

Messiah Complex/war/whatever is so pointless

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aronmorales

You know what I don't get about people who are supposed to live forever, but were born like...recently?

something random, I know...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized

huh?

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronmorales

I'm just gonna stop right there...

Going back to Emma...I think the longer she stays in her crystalized form the more she prolongs age.

machineteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By machineteen

I have yet to read the arc with ruby in it, does it explain what happened to Emma? Does anyone know what comic/universe this image is from? Diamondheart Emma, what is here story?

End of Days  
    End of Days  
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceIMC

It'd be great to see Emma get pregnant and Jamie and Layla show up to tell them they name her Ruby....though Emma will have to deal with her little sliver of the void problem first since I don't imagine she can get pregnant in her diamond form.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "I like Ruby. I'd love for her to come to the 616 universe. Peter David's writing tends to imply she will be appearing in some manner. When Madrox first met Ruby. She said something along the lines of this not being their first meeting. At least not from her perspective. Whenever she's around Madrox she talks to him as if she's known him for years, thought Madrox comments he met her yesterday. "
    You ever get the feeling that PAD has been watching a little too much Doctor Who? ;) 

@pixelized said:
    " Isn't Ruby living proof that mutants will exist after Hope? "
    Isn't Bishop proof of that as well?  Bishop is fighting to prevent the future that he came from.  After Hope was born, Forge claimed that there were only two possible futures; one with Bishop & all mutants in camps, and one without mutants.  So if Bishop is fighting to prevent his future, then he's fighting for he future without mutants... and without him in it.  Surely that's a paradox??? 

@machineteen said:
    " I have yet to read the arc with ruby in it, does it explain what happened to Emma? Does anyone know what comic/universe this image is from? Diamondheart Emma, what is here story?

End of Days  
    End of Days  
    "
    That's the end of Young X-Men.  That was just bad.  Not fun bad.  Not cheesy bad.  Not Michael Jackson bad.  Just bad.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
    How can you watch too much Doctor Who???

I like this bit of foreshadowing. It gives a comic a sense of continuity.

@PrinceIMC:
    Well, the December issue of Uncanny X-men involve Scott somehow getting into Emma's mind to help with the Void problem. There is also the chance that she is already pregnant and doesn't realize it. being in diamond for could be keeping any pregnancy in stasis, such as the rest of her. It's also just as possible that it could happen sometime later. I would imagine a Ruby birth would take place some time after Hope reverses M-Day. 
    It wasn't too long ago that Scott and Emma were talking about having children. Well, Scott was, but after some love making Emma said something along the lines of, if he kept up this in charge attitude he could interest her in 'breeding'. I really like she used that term.

One of the reason Peter David did that rather sadistic thing with the Madrox baby. He learned that the child couldn't be a mutant, since no mutant births had happened until Hope. Seeing how Hope will also be arriving in to the standard time line in December. This could be pretty soon and coming.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt: LOL!  The whole Ruby & Madrox meeting thing reminds me of the way we (the viewers) and The Doctor meet River Song. I wouldn't put it passed PAD to be inspired by British TV... he used to drop in names from Blackadder back when he first took over X-Factor ;) 

As for the baby... it was bad timing.  I know PAD was stuck, trying to think of a way out of it that would seem to work.  The way that it was absorbed as a dupe was cold & seems cruel, but it certainly did work and people will remember it for years to come. 

I think Hope & Cable are starting to make their return journey in December, so they'll still take a while to get 'Back To The Present' ;) 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized
    @xerox-kitty said:
    @machineteen said:
    " I have yet to read the arc with ruby in it, does it explain what happened to Emma? Does anyone know what comic/universe this image is from? Diamondheart Emma, what is here story?

End of Days  
    End of Days  
    "
    That's the end of Young X-Men.  That was just bad.  Not fun bad.  Not cheesy bad.  Not Michael Jackson bad.  Just bad. "
    LOOOOOOOOOL!
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceIMC

Awwww, so Hope has to come back for there to be more mutant births? That kinda sucks, but so long as she does come back I guess that'll work. I just thought Hope was the first mutant birth since M-Day and thus they're still possible just really really rare.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @PrinceIMC said:
    "Awwww, so Hope has to come back for there to be more mutant births? That kinda sucks, but so long as she does come back I guess that'll work. I just thought Hope was the first mutant birth since M-Day and thus they're still possible just really really rare. "

Well, no-one knows for certain.  As far as she's aware, she's still just a girl who hasn't displayed anything special about her since she was born.  She knows that she's meant to be special, but who knows what she can do or when she'll do it...??
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @PrinceIMC:

@xerox-kitty: 

Well, I don't think the series would of called her the Mutant Messiah if there wasn't something big planned for her. There is also the fact that since M-Day there had been no new mutant births in the world until Hope. That must have some level of significance.

There was also the fact that Peter David in an interview talked about doing what he did with the Madrox baby, partly because of the events of Messiah Complex. He felt having another mutant born would lessen the significance of Hope's birth.

Classically though, things don't tend to end well for messiahs. Historically speaking.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt: Yeah, I know.  But from Hope's point of view, even she doesn't know what will happen or what she'l face when she returns to the present day.  No-one knows exactly... but we can guess.  Resparking the mutant population might not be a good thing if they're all forced to live in concentration camps, and let's face it they're already living in a self-imposed camp right now.  On the other hand, if there are no more mutants then it's the end of the mutant race.  It pretty much seems like a lose-lose situation.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
    What I'm getting irritated with id the whole Namor involvement with the X-Men. I just read an interview that Fraction gave on IGN. He was asked what Keeps Namor around. he talked about ho Namor saw what it happening to mutants would most likely happen to his people, but also talked about how he's not one for joining or being a member of a team. That he's mostly still there because he wants to sleep with Emma. What kind of arrogant, chauvinistic crap is that about? 

That Fraction would create such a childish reason and that he would even depict Emma as someone who would even consider falling for such a thing. As if she is just some object that he wants to slip his $#@& into. That is the kind of attitude that I always saw as the kind of thing she hates in men.. The idea she's some prize to be had and claimed.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt: I know what you mean.  I think I would have more respect for him if he could just be honest & say "he's there because I want him there".  Namor hasn't given a crap about the X-Men for 40 years.  Emma has been with the X-Men for over a decade (nearly two!).  So Namor has suddenly realised that there's a busty blonde with the X-MNen who is a bit looser than Sue?  N'ah... I don't buy it.  The sooner he dives back to rebuild Atlantis the better; Namor should be a hero in his own right, not living in the shadow of Cyclops. 

Sadly all characters seem to have a childish reasoning behind them.  For example, when questionned about Northstar's involvement Fraction said that he wanted someone who could catch a motorbike.  Surge is a speedster, Colossus could just stand in it's way, Cannonball could fly & overtake a bike, Gambit or Wolverine could catch up and wreak havoc while on a motorbike, or (like with Empath) Pixie could fly or even teleport on top of the bike... There are dozens and dozens of X-Men now, each with dozens of different ways of how to bring down a motobike.  This 'rotating door' system that focuses on just Cyclops, Emma & Pixie only occasionally features other X-Men.  Yet when bringing in a notorious character like Northstar he couldn't come up with something more original or mentally tasking than 'someone to catch a motorbike'.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
    Well, reading my previous statement I can tell just how upset I was. Looking at all my typos. She's one of my favorite characters in X-Men. It's irritating to see her degraded to the level of a sex toy, in place of a person. A thing some arrogant royal can treat as a conquest. Let alone that she might even fall for that.

I'm a hetero guy and I find the idea he's just there to try and get into Emma's tight pants disgustingly chauvinistic. That attitude pretty much sums up some of the worst in the male personality, and everything that Emma has shown to hate in men. I like her relationship with Scott, because it feels far more real. He's a man who isn't completely ruled by what's between his legs. Yes, he has some issues, but they balance each other well.

Fraction has said in the past that Namor will discover that Shaw is alive, and Emma fooled and betrayed him. It can't happen soon enough for my liking. I can't remember if Shaw was released with the others before.

I would like the idea of bringing in Northstar to actually give the "token" homosexual mutant some actual story development. I'm actually thinking about writing an article based upon that topic. How homosexual characters in comics are treated rather similarly to how black characters used to be treated. They would just be there and not get much story or romance.
    Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Dupe
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " How homosexual characters in comics are treated rather similarly to how black characters used to be treated. They would just be there and not get much story or romance. "
    Well, there is Shatterstar and Rictor currently in X-Factor. Although that was kind of forced and out of the blue.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Dupe: 
    I know about that scene, but they interviewed Shatterstar's original creator and he wasn't happy about it. He talked about reversing that in the story. They broke some ground there in the X-Factor issue, but can they sustain that?

Look at Gen 13. Sarah Rainmaker was a lesbian character, but once the original writers and creators left the series, suddenly she became bi-sexual. I remember that well, because there was a huge uproar of the fans that they 'made' her gay. A few issues into the regular series I remember there was a letter from the creators. She was always a gay character. It just wasn't revealed until much later. What was she expected to do? Introduce herself as, "Hi, I'm Sarah. Pleased to meet you. I make lightening and I'm gay.".

Though this direction of conversation is getting off the original topic.
    Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Dupe
    @FoxxFireArt: lol. Yep I agree completely with you on that there should be more spotlight on some diversity, race, sexuality etc. And well, Rictor is already bi-sexual. I doubt they will sustain the relationship and will just make Rictor be with a girl.

On the Gen13 issue, I agree that was just ridiculous. But now that we're talking about different comics, there are some relationships that are there to stay. Think of Midnighter & Apollo from the authority. Or the two girls from the Runaways (although that is getting cancelled.) So it is possible, a great relationship could flourish between Wiccan and Hulkling as well if they give that some more attention.

Edit: you're right, it is getting off-topic :p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.