Follow

Emerald Empress

Character » Emerald Empress appears in 172 issues.

The Emerald Empress is the 30th-century wielder of the Emerald Eye of Ekron, a techno-mystical device of vast power. She is a founding member of the super-villain team known as the Fatal Five and a long-time enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Ekron questions...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Is the GL origin of The Eye from 52 still in effect or has it been retconed?

If the origin is still in effect wouldn't that make the Emerald Empress a GL? I know the eye itself isn't a GL ring, nor is it from the Guardians. It's the eye of a former GL and it has basically the same power the Rings have.

and finally

In Brave & the Bold #10 there is an Eye called the Golden Eye of Effron (it's in the supes and Silent Knight team up). Is there a connection to Parallax or is it just a throw-away thing?

M

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

BUMP (out of interest)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Methos

noone knows the truth about the Emerald Eye of Ekron (Don't try saying that drunk) lol

M

Provicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Provicator

I dont know but how can we assume The Empress is dead if Lobo had the eye since she isnt supposed to find it for another 1000 years? And if so does that mean that the eye attracts people with moral ambiguity much like the power rings search out people with the ability to overcome great fear and etc.??

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Leliel

@Methos said:

Is the GL origin of The Eye from 52 still in effect or has it been retconed?

If the origin is still in effect wouldn't that make the Emerald Empress a GL? I know the eye itself isn't a GL ring, nor is it from the Guardians. It's the eye of a former GL and it has basically the same power the Rings have.

and finally

In Brave & the Bold #10 there is an Eye called the Golden Eye of Effron (it's in the supes and Silent Knight team up). Is there a connection to Parallax or is it just a throw-away thing?

M

I think she is somewhat of a GL sense the eye work like the battery of Alan Scott it more magic base, hell for all we know having the Eye and the regular ring probably turns you into a hell of a monster, but yes I too have wonder if the Eye of Effron was maybe in relationship to the Emerald Eye like there maybe an Emerald Empress and Gold Emperor

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

My understanding was the revamp left the Lantern family relatively untouched, but who knows if it was retconned or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.