Follow

Elektra

Character » Elektra appears in 1192 issues.

The lethal scarlet assassin. Daredevil's most fearsome enemy as well as his former lover and most renowned as being the greatest assassin in the world.

I'm very impressed with Elektra #1 (Marvel Now)

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
    Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ace_Of_Spades90

First of all, the art is absolutely stunning. Probably some of the most beautiful art I've seen in a while and it's very unique looking as well. There are several splash pages to be found inside, but I assure you none of them are wasted; you get great looking art and exposition that doesn't drag on.

I'm glad that the story this time around is more straightforward (I mean that in a good way) and a lot less nonsensical like her previous books were. Elektra still has that air of mystery about her, but you get a better sense of who she is this time around. Elektra mentions early on that she's no longer a daughter, no longer someone's lover, and no longer someone's victim; she's her own person now, doing what she does best. Another thing I love is the introduction of new characters. Yes, Daredevil is mentioned, and an old nemesis of hers does make an appearance, and the hand is touched on briefly, but for the most part the cast is new--and that's refreshing. Oh, and this assassin that she's going after--who is otherworldly in appearance--is absolutely terrifying, making my heart race when Elektra went after him. Could it be that Elektra is out of her league? Seems that way. . .

All in all Elektra is unquestionably its own thing, classically pulpy in a way few Marvel books are. I can't wait for issue #2.

What are your guys' thoughts?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Elektra's ongoing is really awesome! :)

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheDandyMan

It was the first ever issue I've read focused on Elektra and I can say I was impressed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.