Follow

Elektra

Character » Elektra appears in 1192 issues.

The lethal scarlet assassin. Daredevil's most fearsome enemy as well as his former lover and most renowned as being the greatest assassin in the world.

Elektra (film)

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adam Michaels

A lot of people don't like this movie. That's fine, obviously. You're entitled to your opinion. I humbly disagree with those people though. This film was really well done, in my opinion.  

First, I'll start by saying I enjoy Jennifer Garner as Elektra. I feel like she did a great job making the character look like a really troubled individual.  

Secondly, I liked the story. I've read around that this film lacked a solid plot and had no direction. I feel the opposite. It was a slow build up, but it did complete itself. I don't need action so I can find joy in conversational scenes, even if there are more of those than action scenes.   

The feel of the film was dark and somber, which is what they're trying to achieve. I really do like the effects as well. Particularly when Tattoo's well... tattoos come to life. I just find it brilliantly done by the graphic team. 

Anyways, I do feel like it would be great if they would reboot both Elektra and Daredevil. In a continuity much like how the Avengers are being planned, but on a smaller scale. One that only involves the Daredevil and Elektra characters. A trilogy that begins with Daredevil, followed by Elektra, and the third part is Daredevil & Elektra.

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the movie was good but a little bit boring because the topic was a little bit lame and any charakters i didnt know for example abbey
    and her father i think it would be better when they made a new film

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sovereign Son

I think the film was a 2 out of ten, It was fun and if you like fun thats fine! My biggest problem was the subtle changes in Elektra's history and personal story, they massively went of on their own in this movie and even changed a lot of the main story to suit their needs. I understand this happens in comic movies(points at Xmen last stand) but with Elektra there was not much of a call to do this. As I said as a fun no worries joy ride its fun, Same as Last Stand but as a comic book movie I have to question it! I think a remake with a darker undertow would be great but really thats never going to happen!

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked it alot! to each their own and i understand the flaws others saw in it. somethings stirring because alot of persons have been confirmed recast in their roles for an "un named project".
    Typhoid mary is confirmed to be in something as well, new actress and rebooted to fit the comics version. cant wait for more news on that.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AngelFrost

I really don't understand why people hate Elektra soo much? 

I loved it, and although they could have stayed true to the comics a little more. The whole storyline and characters worked well together.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I know she is troubled but in the movie she was a weeping baby the whole time.

Avatar image for little_miss_kitty
    Little_Miss_Kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Little_Miss_Kitty

I liked the movie, it wasnt really true to the comics, but it didnt fail like Catwoman. It was fun and interesting, if a little weak.
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Lifeguard85

It was an alright movie, but it would have been amazing had they stuck more closely to the comic and made it a rated R movie, I feel it would have been more similar to the Punisher which was wonderful in comparison to this.

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
    The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't have a problem with Garner at all...just the plot was kinda jumpy...

and I agree with Lifeguard85, it would been cooler if they made it R rated for the purpose of blood and violence lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It's the only Marvel movie I liked besides Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine.

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like the movie and the enemies she fought...I just didn't like the whole romance with the father and all. 

I prefer if the father died. Elektra and Daredevil forever!

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brendon277

I liked the movie especially Jennifer Garner as Elektra but however it needed more action like her comic's.

Ravengrey32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravengrey32

The movie need to get a reboot. I want to see this character in better hands

Avatar image for sistergrimm2099
    SisterGrimm2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.