Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Symbiote's motive?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

When Eddie Brock became Venom, he became one of Spidey's most famous rogues. The reason, however, that I dislike him and any of the other symbiotes out there is the fact that they don't really have a motive for attacking Spider-Man... They kinda just show up... 

So my question is, before Eddie Brock, Cletus Cassiday, and all the others became bonded to their symbiote, did Peter Parker or Spider-Man actually DO anything to them to make them hate him so much? Or is that just the symbiote's way of saying "screw you for getting rid of me."
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Gambit1024: its kind of like a psycho ex who just can't let you go 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

So that's all Venom is. A psycho ex-girlfriend. 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

So no one else is gonna take a shot at it?
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

I will I'm looking it up right now :)

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

The original symbiotes wanted to take over the mind of their hosts thus they r called symbiotes. They feed off adrenaline of their hosts.

the Venom symbiote was banished from the colony 4 wanting to bond with and understand its host, 
     when it found Pete it was rejected  
     Eddie Brock's hatred for Spider-Man (after he lost his job) was so strong that it drove the symbiote insane. The symbiote was drawn to his strong emotional vibes he was giving off.
    It found Eddie they had a common enemy, they form an alliance which is why they call themselves "We"
     the symbiote has warped Eddie's mind and basically turned him into a vicious murderer with a twisted sense of justice

After Eddie found religion and stopped hunting Peter the symbiote didnt want him anymore and that's how we got Mac Gargan-Venom

Eddie is now Anti-Venom and doesnt hate Peter anymore. the Venom symbiote does
    --------------
    taken from Carnage page:

"Brock's symbiote soon returns and bonds with him again, and unwittingly leaves behind the symbiote's offspring (The symbiotes reproduce asexually, once per generation. The children are then of no consequence to the parent. Thus, the Venom symbiote felt no need to inform Brock of the existence of the new symbiote.) which gets into a cut and bonds with Kasady's bloodstream, transforming him into Carnage (also causing his symbiote to turn red). He escapes prison, and begins a series of murders, and at the scene of each crime, writes "Carnage Rules" on the walls with his own blood. Carnage unlike Venom says "I" instead of "we" because Kasady is so insane the symbiote basically fused to his mind with Cletus Kasady in complete control of the symbiote unlike Eddie Brock who still puts up some fights with his symbiote."

Cletus Kassady is a serial killer and in full control of his symbiote  He is a psychopath & the symbiote in his blood amplifies his aptitude to break the law and kill people.

http://www.comicvine.com/venom/29-1486/ 
     http://www.comicvine.com/carnage/29-1490/

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

Ok I have three qustions (thank you so much for learing some things outthough =) )  

1. I thought the Venom symbiote left Eddie because he had cancer. The symbiote didn't want to be with someone who was just going to die anyway. So was it both? 

2. Is Anti-Venom another "child" of Venom? If so, does it fight for good like Toxin? 

3. So Carnage has nothing against Spider-Man? The only one he hates is Brock?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " Ok I have three qustions -   1. I thought the Venom symbiote left Eddie because he had cancer. The symbiote didn't want to be with someone who was just going to die anyway. So was it both?
    It left because
    A: Eddie auctioned it off to a bunch of supervillains (Oy. Not even gonna go into how stupid a plot that was.)
    B: Your reason is correct, it didn't really want him anymore anyway... odd... considering the retcon had Eddie have cancer the ENTIRE TIME (and they've seperated and re-bonded at least seven times in continuity, maybe two less, idk)

@Gambit1024 said:
    "  2. Is Anti-Venom another "child" of Venom? If so, does it fight for good like Toxin?   "

Anti-Venom is the result of Mr. Negative charging Eddie Brock's blood cells with energy and curing his cancer, then Eddie's blood cells were charged with his power, and bonded to what remained of the symbiote in his blood, then when Mac Gargan Venom touched Eddie, the symbiote inside grew, along with Eddie's white blood cells, mutating into the Anti-Venom. It is not a living suit (From what we've been shown) and is not a child of Venom. He (not "it) is still Eddie Brock, and he does fight the good fight. 

@Gambit1024 said:
    "  3. So Carnage has nothing against Spider-Man? The only one he hates is Brock? "
    Carnage hates Spider-man with a passion, just not as much as Brock. In one particular comic, two phsycologists enter Cletus's mind, and they see a playground where Carnage kills Spider-man over and over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.