Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1059 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Okay... What the hell!?!

Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rorschach's Ghost

So Eddie gets a new symbiote in a bold move that repackages him as Anti-Venom: Nice!  ... Team up with spidey, showdown with Venom: Interesting. ... Discovery that Mr. Negative is his benefactor giving him self doubt: Adds some depth...

But now what? First off, does he 'forget' about Venom? Instead of joining the Avengers or something, to put him on the path to Gargan, he does what? Becomes a one man war on drugs? What about less than popular symbiotes like Hybrid and Toxin? Couldn't he at least feign interest in them? Geez.... And now he's hanging out with Frank Castle? ..... Here's where things make even less sense:

I haven't read the book and I don't care too based on the direction its going in.. First off what the hell is up with the artwork? Anti-Venom has white eyes, a human face, and looks like the hulk now? Why is Punisher riding a goblin glider (that's just stupid). I found the shot of Punisher Anti-venom with the minigun kinda cool but, things seem to be spiraling in a bad direction. 

So a better question than 'whats wrong / right' with this team up is 'where SHOULD it go?' .... Not looking for tons of negativity, just some interesting ideas.

Avatar image for venomouscarnage345
    VenomousCarnage345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

in Siege thery if you want to send marvel a message

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

0_0

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

maybe you should read the book before you make a big post about how terrible it is

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Rorschach's Ghost said:
    "So Eddie gets a new symbiote in a bold move that repackages him as Anti-Venom: Nice!  ... Team up with spidey, showdown with Venom: Interesting. ... Discovery that Mr. Negative is his benefactor giving him self doubt: Adds some depth...  But now what? First off, does he 'forget' about Venom? Instead of joining the Avengers or something, to put him on the path to Gargan, he does what? Becomes a one man war on drugs? What about less than popular symbiotes like Hybrid and Toxin? Couldn't he at least feign interest in them? Geez.... And now he's hanging out with Frank Castle? ..... Here's where things make even less sense:  I haven't read the book and I don't care too based on the direction its going in.. First off what the hell is up with the artwork? Anti-Venom has white eyes, a human face, and looks like the hulk now? Why is Punisher riding a goblin glider (that's just stupid). I found the shot of Punisher Anti-venom with the minigun kinda cool but, things seem to be spiraling in a bad direction.   So a better question than 'whats wrong / right' with this team up is 'where SHOULD it go?' .... Not looking for tons of negativity, just some interesting ideas."

Relax, relax. I think Marvel's making Carnage and Toxin come back eventually through an Anti-Venom book, I heard it somewhere, I forget where.. As for complaining about Punisher using old baddie weapons, take it up with the guy who revamped Punisher and his book. Not this writer's fault.  

And maybe Eddie realized that he'll have to wait until Gargan is alone, and without the protection of, oh I dunno, AN ENTIRE HELLICARRIER FULL OF ARMORY AND THE DARK AVENGERS? Seriously, Ares and Sentry alone could kill the entire team, not to mention a lot of other people! One's a god, and one's a plot device! Just relax, Venom's movie is gonna come around soon, and for promotional sake, we all know the REAL Venom's gonna be back soon....  

And Anti-Venom is the same as Venom basically, therefor, Hulk status may apply at times.  

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lupine

You really should read the book before you go on this tangent. After all New Ways to Live was actually a pretty great book. I just finished the last issue and while I'm kinda "meh" about the Punisher gear, it made since considering that Punisher was trying to get in up close and personal in a fight with about 40 pissed off drug dealers. As for Eddie's part in all this, he and Frank Castle are not hanging out.  Actually I'd say Frank is in the story solely for the fact that his ideals step right on the face of the new life that Eddie is trying to build for himself. 

This story wasn't meant to be a superhero story, it's meant to be an Anti-hero story and it takes a look at Eddie's second chance on life and the idea of second chances in general. Everyone knows Marvel loves a good questioning of morality and human nature and that's exactly what this book was. It's just there to make Eddie more human and more thought provoking and I think it accomplished both. 

But to each his own. I enjoyed it.

Sinister Blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sinister Blood

The book is actually pretty good, but I do that if I was Anti-Venom, fighting drug lords would be the least of my worries until Osborn was taken care of.

Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rorschach's Ghost

I admit, on second read I seem pissed. I'm not. I was just thoroughly confused. To clarify to my knowledge there is no really attempt to explain the logic in his shift away from hunting Venom or even Hybrid / Toxin. His primary goal was to 'cleanse' symbiotes right? And after finding out that his benefactor is Mr. Negative and deciding against confronting him, moving on in that goal seems more logical is all. Also, I've got no beef with him being massive sometimes. I mean that his face in that artwork is more 'unmasked human' than spidey/venom-ish. He litterally looks kinda like that Hulk.  

Punisher using war trophies makes sense and is an excellent idea. I always wondered why more characters didn't build their arsenal when they have the chance. Its similar to Daken grafting metal from the Muramasa blade to his lower claws... but if your fighting a group of armed drug lords, wouldn't a more tactical approach be to use weaponry that can decimate from a distance or at least things he's got a logically high degree of skill with? Careening around on a goblin glider doesn't seem very soldier like and looks like a gamble at best. I'm all for shaking things up though. Personally, I liked the promo art after Cap died when Punisher had the Cap/Pun hybrid gear on. To me it spoke to the political shift  in how back in the day the pure hearted freedom fighter as incredibly popular but, our modern shift is more towards the brutally efficient anti-hero / solider. No shields and restraint, just guns and finality ya know?

Didn't mean to 'offend'.  :)

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?
    Punisher had a Goblin Glider because he had lost his arsenal and the one available to him was lifted 
    superhero and villain tech. he was working with what he had. and thats very old news anyways. by reviewing your
    posts i dont believe you read the comics anyways. stop criticizing based on scans as it seems. 
    actually reading the comics helps one to actually understand whats happening, so they dont need to go
    on empty rants

@Rorschach's Ghost said:

" I haven't read the book and I don't care too based on the direction its going in..

so you have no idea what your talking about and that makes the writers stupid?
    lame!
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATMANEXE: 

Never said a writer was stupid. I said The Punisher (who I have followed for years) on a goblin glider was stupid because it seems like a huge stretch and not something that fits his personality in my opinion (which is based on a over a decade of being a marvel fan). The villain gear is smart. The specific use of a glider in my opinion is not. Its like the old school Cap using a missle launcher in desperation: Effective choice? Sure. Fit the character? Not so much. That's also a small point in a larger title arc that could be very well written but, it did set off a WTF reaction.

And ya, I did look at a scan that raised some stuff I never expected to see (  figured I'd look at some stuff before making a blind buy). So no, this particular title isn't one I'm going to get into. You seem pretty adamant about it though so, if this is your definitive Punshier or Anti-Venom arc, I'm glad you enjoy it so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.