Eddie Brock dead?

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
#1 Posted by venomsapprentice (649 posts) - - Show Bio

 I saw on Marvel Comics Database that Eddie Brock was dead, killed by Flash Thompson.
 
Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone think he'll come back?

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (40013 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomsapprentice: I'm sure a story could be written which reveals he survived, but the implication seems to be he was killed.  Toxin was completely engulfed in flames and it dragged Brock back into the fire.  Last we saw he was screaming in the flames.
Moderator
Avatar image for venomsapprentice
#3 Posted by venomsapprentice (649 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
@venomsapprentice: I'm sure a story could be written which reveals he survived, but the implication seems to be he was killed.  Toxin was completely engulfed in flames and it dragged Brock back into the fire.  Last we saw he was screaming in the flames.
Thanks for the clarification. 
 
If they brought carnage back from being ripped in half in space, they can definitely bring back Brock. XD
 
Kind of a disappointment though. I wanted to see Brock be Toxin for longer than 2 comics.
Avatar image for thevenomsite
#4 Posted by TheVenomSite (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@venomsapprentice: I'm sure a story could be written which reveals he survived, but the implication seems to be he was killed. Toxin was completely engulfed in flames and it dragged Brock back into the fire. Last we saw he was screaming in the flames.
Thanks for the clarification. If they brought carnage back from being ripped in half in space, they can definitely bring back Brock. XD Kind of a disappointment though. I wanted to see Brock be Toxin for longer than 2 comics.

Cullen Bunn has repeatedly stated that Toxin will be back (after Venom moves to Philly), so I'm sure Brock will return with him.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@venomsapprentice: I'm sure a story could be written which reveals he survived, but the implication seems to be he was killed. Toxin was completely engulfed in flames and it dragged Brock back into the fire. Last we saw he was screaming in the flames.

Off panel.

In a comic book.

Come on, K4... you of all people should know better. :P

Seriously though, I don't understand the confusion. Am I seriously one of the apparent few who really did not believe him to die in that issue?

(Besides, Bunn said he's gonna be back.)

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
#6 Posted by venomsapprentice (649 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheVenomSite said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@venomsapprentice: I'm sure a story could be written which reveals he survived, but the implication seems to be he was killed. Toxin was completely engulfed in flames and it dragged Brock back into the fire. Last we saw he was screaming in the flames.
Thanks for the clarification. If they brought carnage back from being ripped in half in space, they can definitely bring back Brock. XD Kind of a disappointment though. I wanted to see Brock be Toxin for longer than 2 comics.

Cullen Bunn has repeatedly stated that Toxin will be back (after Venom moves to Philly), so I'm sure Brock will return with him.

Sweet. XD
I'm one of those few Venom fans that likes the character of Eddie Brock, at least as much as the symbiote itself. So, I'm glad that they're not killing him off.
Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (40013 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Yeah, that's exactly why the first sentence is there (they can definitely write him back in), but the implication we're supposed to have is he's dead.  Or at least that's how I viewed it when I read it.  With Remender's history of slaying, I didn't think Brock being gone for now (despite only seeing the beginning of his suffering) was that far fetched.  
 
Well, Bunn saying Brock will be back severely takes away any impact that scene had.  "Oh no, he'll be back... but burned!"  Source?  I don't recall seeing that in the older interviews I've read with it and I'd love to read it.
Moderator
Avatar image for innervenom123
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (40013 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Ah, thank you kindly.  I guess we'll see what he has in store.  Would you want Brock to return as Toxin or would you prefer Brock to be dead and have the Toxin symbiote seek a host elsewhere?   

Moderator
Avatar image for innervenom123
#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Would you want Brock to return as Toxin or would you prefer Brock to be dead and have the Toxin symbiote seek a host elsewhere?

I'd be fine either way.

But Brock going nuts would be fun.

Avatar image for jonsmith
#11 Posted by JonSmith (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'd be fine either way.

But Brock going nuts would be fun.

Now see, that would imply he wasn't already.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
#12 Posted by venomsapprentice (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I didn't know that there was an Eddie Brock forum. XD

Avatar image for video_martian
#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be back...

Avatar image for innervenom123
#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I'd be fine either way.

But Brock going nuts would be fun.

Now see, that would imply he wasn't already.

Well. More nuts.

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (17202 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course that he's not dead.

Online
Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
#17 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Toxin is stronger than all the sybiotes combined and is alot more resistant to fire and sonic waves so he's definitely gonna be back.

Avatar image for thereaper111
#18 Posted by TheReaper111 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

if they killed off one of marvels biggest characters in that shitty way id be pissed....then again poor eddie has been treated like crap for years now :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.