Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Does Anti-Venom Have a Healing "Aura?"

Avatar image for americansymbiote
    AmericanSymbiote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AmericanSymbiote

Just a quick little "What do you think?' blog. 

Anti-Venom's proximity to Spider-Man
    Anti-Venom's proximity to Spider-Man

Ever since Anti-Venom got sidetracked when he was killing the Venom symbiote and tried to cure Spider-man, whenever Eddie gets near Spidey his powers short out (but you already know that don't you?). Does this mean when a character is in close proximity of Anti-Venom are they momentarilly cured of any anomalies in their system? Or does this supposed "aura" only effect people he has cured, or attempted to cure, in the past? An example would be Anne Weying, I mean Jenna Cole, when she's not being Eddie's "angel" and using drugs behind his back (if she even does now) is she cured momentarily around Eddie? Could it also affect the Venom symbiote, we will probably see soon enough. I'm reminded of Leech, or Jimmy, from X-Men: The Last Stand, but specifically the scene where Hank McCoy reaches toward the boy to find his hand temporarily reverted back to its human form. Personally, I think Anti-Venom just has this ability to have an edge against Peter (even though he really doesn't need it). So what do you think?
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1  Edited By Kallarkz
    I do not believe that his abilities work on normal people on a subconscious level.  
    As far as I have seen him he has to consciously cure people of certain ailments. 

He is able to sense when people have certain toxins in their bloods but I believe he has to make physical contact with them in order to cure them. 
    Even though Spider-Man abilities go out of sync when he is around him he still has the Spider "toxins" running through his blood stream and Anti-Venom would need to consciously extract it as shown about 2 issues back.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Pretty sure it only works like that with Spider-man. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By difficlus

It happens to spider-man because he was healing him before and tampered with the radiation in his body, his anti-venom cells thus are trying to cure Parker of his radiation at all times. It never happened before he tampered with parker so its only with Pete. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.