Follow

Eddie Brock

Character » Eddie Brock appears in 1060 issues.

Eddie Brock bonded with the dark alien symbiote after it was discarded by Spider-Man, becoming the first Venom. Later, Brock became Anti-Venom, but the symbiote was lost during the events of Spider-Island. Brock has also been forcibly bonded to the Toxin Symbiote by the Crime-Master, but has reluctantly given it up to stop Carnage. Recently he has re-bonded with Venom.

Anti-Venom...

• 78 results
    Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kain Echnida

Anti-Venom is coming! Holy crap and he looks really cool. I love the re-vamped color scheme of black on white, and not white on black. I wonder how his character's going to play out and I wonder who's going to take the symbiote. I can't help but think hopefully it'll be Eddie since they're of the same build and I'm more then sure alot of people miss Eddie and perhaps Marvel is listening to us. Any thoughts on this new Venom who will hopefully get rid of the abomination that is Mac Gargan.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
    Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

They just need to come up with a better name. I really don't think this will be his final name. Maybe it'll be Harry Osborn. That'd be a twist.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Methos

glad someone else said about the name first...

M

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kain Echnida

G-Man says:

"They just need to come up with a better name. I really don't think this will be his final name. Maybe it'll be Harry Osborn. That'd be a twist."

I wouldn't want it to be Harry. It'd be a cool twist, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it would be very interesting to see Harry with it. I think it'd be better to hand it off to Eddie and then eventually we can have a Venom face off between Eddie and Mac. Maybe this Anti-Venom is going to be the son of the original Venom because I recall reading rumors about the Venom symbiote being pregnant again.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Methos

so it's not just Venom's Aunt?

Auntie Venom?

Anti-Venom?

no?

gives up and walks away as people groan

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Long lost relatives? Ditch the horns and they could be brothers.

And if it's Anti-Venom, does that mean he'll be a good guy?

Why do I think this entire idea is crap?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

i really hope it's eddie and this is a way to get eddie back as venom, gargan sucks!!!!

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kain Echnida

Buckshot says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3390/106605-violator_400.jpg Long lost relatives? Ditch the horns and they could be brothers. And if it's Anti-Venom, does that mean he'll be a good guy? Why do I think this entire idea is crap?"

Because you're just as skeptical about it as the rest of us are. Not only that, but you're just as cynical as I am but I have hope for this Anti-Venom because I'm a Venom fan. So our tastes vary. No matter anyway.

@Methos: LoL.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/marvelcomics/amazingspiderman/antivenom.jpg"

Marvel is fresh out of ideas.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kain Echnida

Satyrquaze says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
    "http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/marvelcomics/amazingspiderman/antivenom.jpg"
    #It's Official!# Marvel is fresh out of ideas."

No! Have hope! HOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEE!!!!!

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sling Shot

Enough with the one-trick pony symbiotes!! If ya couldn't get it right wityh the first seven, leave it be. And just cuz its popular don't mean its good, it means the audience is clueless. heh.........no offense......sort of.:)

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shaper

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

THAT LO0KS AWESOME! And very 2000 drawings.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sling Shot says:

"Enough with the one-trick pony symbiotes!! If ya couldn't get it right wityh the first seven, leave it be. And just cuz its popular don't mean its good, it means the audience is clueless. heh.........no offense......sort of.:)"

They had it right the first one or two times. Maybe number 8 can be more successful. Symbiotes rock anyway, LoL.

Spiderben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spiderben

i for one think its cool venom sucked as a characetr and hopefully this will kill him off and then spiderman can kill this one off and we can be done with the the symbiotes

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sling Shot

Spiderben says:

"i for one think its cool venom sucked as a characetr and hopefully this will kill him off and then spiderman can kill this one off and we can be done with the the symbiotes"

Here here.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kain Echnida

Spiderben says:

"i for one think its cool venom sucked as a characetr and hopefully this will kill him off and then spiderman can kill this one off and we can be done with the the symbiotes"

o_O You think it's cool a character sucked as a character? LMAO! No comment about that one.

Spiderben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spiderben

OMG yoru almost as bad as that eternal chaos i hope you get sprayed in the eyes with hairspray while getting hit by an exploding ice cream truck

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kain Echnida

Spiderben says:

"OMG yoru almost as bad as that eternal chaos i hope you get sprayed in the eyes with hairspray while getting hit by an exploding ice cream truck"

I AM Eternal Chaos. You're the one saying "I for one think its cool venom sucked as a characetr".

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Man, that's really not very creative. There's 10+ symbiotes already, use some of those.

Lord Blackbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lord Blackbolt

what are the other symbiotes

Lord Blackbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord Blackbolt

Post Deleted.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kain Echnida

Lord Blackbolt says:

"what are the other symbiotes "

Venom

Carnage

Toxin

Phage

Bile

Lasher

Scream

I forgot the others.

Lord Blackbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lord Blackbolt

any one know anything about Bile?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Venom, Carnage, Phage, Lasher, Scream, Agony, Riot, Hybrid, Krobaa, Dreadface, Toxin

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Midnight Lantern
    Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Mr. Wilson says:

"Looks cool. A long as they don't make him like Caranage then it is cool. I love Venom. By the way Marvel isn't out of ideas, because if they were they wouldn't be pwning D.C. like they are now."

Amen.

Hopefully, This Venom will kill Mac Gargan. That guy sucks as Venom.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Looks cool. A long as they don't make him like Caranage then it is cool. I love Venom.

By the way Marvel isn't out of ideas, because if they were they wouldn't be pwning D.C. like they are now.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Mac Gargan as Venom is awesome, this new symbiote is just proof that they've run out of ideas. Just look at the list of symbiotes i posted. This new one will also be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kain Echnida

fesak says:

"Venom, Carnage, Phage, Lasher, Scream, Agony, Riot, Hybrid, Krobaa, Dreadface, Toxin"

Krobaa and Dreadface have no pages, or pictures. Somebody's been slacking on submissions. LoL.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Kain Echnida says:

"fesak says:
    "Venom, Carnage, Phage, Lasher, Scream, Agony, Riot, Hybrid, Krobaa, Dreadface, Toxin"

Krobaa and Dreadface have no pages, or pictures. Somebody's been slacking on submissions. LoL."

Dreadface has a page. Krobaa was in only one comic, not a very good one either, so we'll see when someone wants to put him up.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Queen Kong

fesak says:

"Mac Gargan as Venom is awesome, this new symbiote is just proof that they've run out of ideas. Just look at the list of symbiotes i posted. This new one will also be forgotten in a couple of weeks."

Ah Uh.

cosmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cosmos

i really think anti-venom is eddie brock.i think anti-venom was split from the normal venom.
    Post Edited:2008-05-03 18:55:35

Deadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deadly

Man Marvel has no ideas left. I hope they kill Gargen he suck has Venom, I mean if they wanted someone to kill and eat people why not bring Carnage back. I hope they kill off this anti-venom, end this whole brand new day crap. The only reason that I'm going to get this comic is to see Eddie Brock again.

Eddie Brock Is The Real VENOM!

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shaper

Is it really that big of a deal that they make a lot of symbiotes? No. I like the idea. I enjoyed reading about all those other symbiotes (Except dreadface and krobeaa, I never heard of them). I hear people here complain about a lot of symbiotes but, at least marvel doesn't say "The last son of the symbiote race" and then bring back so many more characters, you could probably have a city full of them. So, to be honest, why is it such a big deal? I don't think marvel is running out of idea's. If they were, would they have Secret invasion be here? Would Skarr (Or however you spell his name) be here?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Shaper says:

"Is it really that big of a deal that they make a lot of symbiotes? No. I like the idea. I enjoyed reading about all those other symbiotes (Except dreadface and krobeaa, I never heard of them). I hear people here complain about a lot of symbiotes but, at least marvel doesn't say "The last son of the symbiote race" and then bring back so many more characters, you could probably have a city full of them. So, to be honest, why is it such a big deal? I don't think marvel is running out of idea's. If they were, would they have Secret invasion be here? Would Skarr (Or however you spell his name) be here?"

The thing is that they create a lot of new symbiotes, and never use them again. So why would i want to read about this one when he'll be forgotten in a week or two. See Toxin, who was heavily promoted and had a mini-series. Haven't seen him since.

An your last point about SI and Skaar just proves it further. The Secret Invasion has been done before when Alan Davis was on X-Men. Pretty much the exact same story with Skrulls replacing earth's heroes. You might remember the Skrull Wolverine from that story.

And Skaar is just another Hulk right when they just introduced another new Hulk. I don't doubt that Skaar will be better than Red Hulk, but original? No.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kain Echnida

fesak says:

"Shaper says:
    "Is it really that big of a deal that they make a lot of symbiotes? No. I like the idea. I enjoyed reading about all those other symbiotes (Except dreadface and krobeaa, I never heard of them). I hear people here complain about a lot of symbiotes but, at least marvel doesn't say "The last son of the symbiote race" and then bring back so many more characters, you could probably have a city full of them. So, to be honest, why is it such a big deal? I don't think marvel is running out of idea's. If they were, would they have Secret invasion be here? Would Skarr (Or however you spell his name) be here?"
    The thing is that they create a lot of new symbiotes, and never use them again. So why would i want to read about this one when he'll be forgotten in a week or two. See Toxin, who was heavily promoted and had a mini-series. Haven't seen him since. An your last point about SI and Skaar just proves it further. The Secret Invasion has been done before when Alan Davis was on X-Men. Pretty much the exact same story with Skrulls replacing earth's heroes. You might remember the Skrull Wolverine from that story. And Skaar is just another Hulk right when they just introduced another new Hulk. I don't doubt that Skaar will be better than Red Hulk, but original? No."

You can make the same arguement about DC though. With all their countdowns, and crisises and every other constantly blown event. You can make that same arguement with every comic company.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Kain Echnida says:

"You can make the same arguement about DC though. With all their countdowns, and crisises and every other constantly blown event. You can make that same arguement with every comic company."

Yes..?

One of the major arguments for the new status quo of Spider-Man post OMD was that there would be much better possibilities to tell original stories. So far we've had no original stories, just rehashes.

But Spider-Man before OMD was actually something new and not seen before. Especially the public identity part created tons of story potential we never get to see now. I don't understand why everyone wants rehashes of old stories instead of actual progression of the Spider-Man mythos.

wc662

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wc662

this is gonna be tight... Yea I hope it's venom's child because he still hasn't had that one since the Spectacular Spider-Man "The Hunger" story arc, seems like our big alien buddy is a lil overdue... Yea and I'll second the notion that it goes to Eddie.

F33R!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By F33R!

no its because krobaa and dreadface arnt symboits

9millakilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 9millakilla

he looks sweet,but is he an enemy for spidey or venom? i wonder who he is

F33R!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By F33R!

no because he is not real lol

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

What if ANTI-VENOM IS VENOM'S FATHER !

• It might be venom's father Cming to kill Venom!
    • and Someone tall and lanky is the host (telling by the  picture)
    • and his father was born on a planet in the middle of a nuclear war that ravaged the planet and made him the most powerful symbiote
    • and he had hidden powers that the other symbiotes don't have like Hypnosis and mind possesionand other stuff!

P.S. I don't know how to get the underline off I tried several times and it didn't work

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Copy

I like the idea of him being Venom father.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

and his name could be like "The Ripper" or "Spider-Shredder" or "Warfare" or he could also be a symbiote that kills other symbiote and his name could be "Mercenary"!

jortum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jortum

I believe Eddie Brock is Anti-Venom. Mr Negative has something to do with that coz he healed Eddie from cancer or something like that

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself
    Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    "What if ANTI-VENOM IS VENOM'S FATHER !
    • and his father was born on a planet in the middle of a nuclear war that ravaged the planet and made him the most powerful symbiote
    • and he had hidden powers that the other symbiotes don't have like Hypnosis and mind possesionand other stuff!

P.S. I don't know how to get the underline off I tried several times and it didn't work

"

wow that is such a stupid idea! i cannot believe you actually thought of that....i just read the first issue of the arc and judging by what happened when mr negative "healed" eddie i'm guessing that eddie is anti-venom
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    danhimself said:
    "Venom-Hulker_1 said:

"

wow that is such a stupid idea! i cannot believe you actually thought of that....i just read the first issue of the arc and judging by what happened when mr negative "healed" eddie i'm guessing that eddie is anti-venom"
    I beleive that too.  Mister Negative caused the color inverse.
    Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "danhimself said:
    "Venom-Hulker_1 said:

"

wow that is such a stupid idea! i cannot believe you actually thought of that....i just read the first issue of the arc and judging by what happened when mr negative "healed" eddie i'm guessing that eddie is anti-venom"
    I beleive that too.  Mister Negative caused the color inverse."
    But why would Eddie have the symbiote suit?
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Spider-Pantrelli said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "danhimself said:
    "Venom-Hulker_1 said:

"

I beleive that too.  Mister Negative caused the color inverse."
    But why would Eddie have the symbiote suit?"
    Well it looked like he had traces of the symbiote left.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.