Follow

Ed Brubaker

Person » Ed Brubaker is credited in 1188 issues.

Ed Brubaker is an American comic book writer acclaimed for his work with DC's Batman and Catwoman, Marvel's Captain America, Daredevil, and Iron Fist, and his creator-owned series Criminal with artist Sean Phillips. His work has won him three Eisner Awards and two Harvey Awards for Best Writer. Known for his grounded, noir-influenced style of writing.

Ed Brubaker's "Angel Of Death," Exclusive Clip!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    I think we all know that Ed Brubaker is a brilliant writer.  Besides writing comic books, he has a web series, "Angel Of Death," premiering at Crackle.com on March 2, 2009.  The series is directed by Paul Etheredge.  It's a White Rock Lake Prduction produced by John Norris.
    Angel of Death is a thriller about a remorseless assassin, Eve (Zoë Bell), employed by a ruthless crime family. After suffering a severe head trauma while on the job, she begins to hallucinate and becomes haunted by her victims. As a result of her injury, Eve is driven to seek revenge on those who ordered the hits in the first place -- her mob employers.

Brubaker's original concept was a series about a hitman afflicted with brain cancer and started growing a conscience.  At this time, he recalled an old PBS documentary series where a patient walked into an ER with a hunting knife stuck in his skull.  This gave Brubaker the inspiration for Eve's head injury. 

"Angel Of Death" is Brubaker's first web series.  Crackle will air fo the first of ten episodes starting on March 2nd.  A new 8 to 10 minute episode will be available each weekday through March 13.  With new footage, the episodes will later be released in its entirety on DVD as a full length movie.

"Angel Of Death" stars Zoë Bell (Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof") and Lucy Lawless ("Xena: Warrior Princess," "Battlestar Galactica"), Doug Jones ("Hellboy," "Pan's Labyrinth," "Rise Of The Silver Surfer"), Ted Raimi ("Xena: Warrior Princess") and Justin Huen ("Weeds").

Zoë Bell
    Zoë Bell
    Lucy Lawless
    Lucy Lawless
    Doug Jones
    Doug Jones
    Ted Raimi
    Ted Raimi
    Justin Huen
    Justin Huen

Crackle has provided up with an exclusive clip to "Angel Of Death."

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hawk

Dang I thought they were making a movie based on Hawk!

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#2  Edited By HaloKing343

A little preparation goes a long way? What kind of retarded guy would walk onto a mat when a lady with a gun is standing right there?

bychance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bychance

I'll be watching this for Lucy Lawless ... and to a lesser extent, Ted Raimi.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mr Mofo

Sweet!  I love Ed Brubaker.  And Ted Raimi's da man.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Media_Master

don't know enough to say

Rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rich

I would have worn gloves too while taping down the mat. F minus for preparation! She's spending too much time shopping for a sexy outfit than wearing practical clothes. High heels on a wooden floor would be a dead give away for anyone creeping around that moron's apartment. He does seem a little bit too easy a kill. No wonder she finds it tedious.

Another pain point is that she sounds like she's reading the script off the page.

But love the Bru! He's the best writer out there. So I'm sure he will get this on the right track soon....

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Ted Raimi FTW

love that guy

Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:

The actress though? meh she was alright.

I liked that whole "a little preparation goes a long way," but she was lucky that blood didn't go flying..
    "
    Zoe is actual a stunt woman from NZ she was Umas stand in in Kill Bill.. not a fabu actress though... and yeah, i was a bit like.. she shot him in the head... but there was no blood spatter... ANYWHERE??? i hate it when film makers think auidences are stupid -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.