Follow

Ed Brisson

Person » Ed Brisson is credited in 633 issues.

Canadian writer and former letterer and artist.

Interview: Ed Brisson Talks SHELTERED #6 and New Story Arc

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The idea of a secluded group of people forming their own gated community to prepare for an apocalyptic situation is nothing new. If you've read the first arc in the first five issues, you know they didn't quite prepare for everything. A certain...faction within the community has taken over and are trying to run things on their own. You likely didn't see this twist coming in the first issue.

Issue #6 is on sale this week. We talked to writer Ed Brisson to find what's coming up in the second arc.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: With the first arc over in issue #5, has your overall game plan changed? Do you have an end in site?

ED BRISSON: To be honest, Johnnie and I have had a pretty solid game plan since starting in. We always knew where things were headed and how it would end, and we've managed to stay the course pretty well. There have been some changes and challenges along the way, but it all still folds nicely into our master plan.

CV: Will there be a shift in tone for this next arc?

EB: I think that the tone will still be pretty consistent with what we've already established, however, there are new players in the series and their point of view on what's happening is going to be a major part of what happens next.

No Caption Provided

CV: In issue #5, some people from the outside have arrived at Safe Haven. Is this something that will be explored more in this coming arc or upcoming issues?

EB: Yep. This is just the first of what will be MANY challenges for the kids of Safe Haven. Through the incidents that start to play out in #6, more of the outside world will start to creep in, which is exactly what these kids DON'T want to happen. First off, it upsets their end-of-world survival plans. Secondly, they have A LOT of explaining to do.

CV: Things are escalating pretty quickly with the kids at Safe Haven. Do we know about what the population is?

EB: There are approx. 20 kids. At some point, Johnnie and I are going to have to put together a little who's who. Some of the kids have only played minor/background roles up until this point and are now going to be able to step forward and have their moment in the lime light -- for better or worse.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

CV: Things are starting to fall apart for Lucas, the leader of the community. How thoroughly has he thought over everything? Does he have any contingency plans in mind?

EB: He's thought things through in so much as they would be ok if NOTHING changed. However, things are changing and the kids are still waiting on the end to come. The longer it is before that happens and the more outside interference that they run into, the harder it is for him to maintain control. That is going to be a major sticking point over the next arc.

CV: Will we see more of the outside world in future issues?

EB: Absolutely. But, I don't want to spoil anything.

SHELTERED #6 is now on sale. SHELTERED Vol 1 collecting issues 1-5 is also on sale.

Ausand37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ausand37

my classmate's mother makes $72 an hour on the internet. She has been laid off for six months but last month her paycheck was $15569 just working on the internet for a few hours. read the full info here,,,,,,,,

www.Rush64.com
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've been reading this since issue one. Even got my girlfriend reading it with me month to month. Johnny Christmas does a stellar job drawing the kids. They're all so expressive and have very distinct looks. Wish more people would jump on this series.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I've been reading this since issue one. Even got my girlfriend reading it with me month to month. Johnny Christmas does a stellar job drawing the kids. They're all so expressive and have very distinct looks. Wish more people would jump on this series.

yea i love this series

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@madeinbangladesh: If you haven't yet checkout Josh Fialkov's Elk's Run. Has a similar plot and feel to it. Very dark.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.