Follow

"Earth X" Earth X

Story arc »

The world's population gains super-powers after the Inhuman Terrigen Mists are released into the atmosphere in this dystopian view of the future.

Worth Reading?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By geraldthesloth

well is it?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

Yeah, it's pretty fantastic. I've heard it referred to as Marvel's 'Kingdom Come', but I think that is really an oversimplification based on the fact that they both occur in future time lines. I liked Earth, Universe, and Paradise X a lot, and would highly recommend all of them.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I've heard it referred as Marvel's Kingdom Come too and the greatest book for Marvel. Honestly I wasn't impressed with it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Erik

For me it and the other were ok. Not the best thing I ever read but worth getting the trades.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Korg

I loved Earth X and Universe X. I recommend them both. Paradise X was alright if you liked the first 2 series.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I remember being really excited when it was due to come out... gave it up after the first issue.  Hugely disappointed.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BKole

9 Months behind, but what the heck. 

Earth X, is and was, my first real explosion of Marvel Based continuity and love. It's so steeped in lore and continuity, and ties everything that'd ever happened up to that moment together, it might be a hard read. However, it generally goes down better with newcomers to comics than the older lovers of it. My friend Tom, who had up til that moment read Essential X-Men 01 and that was it, love every page of it. Especially John Paul Leon's beautiful artwork. That said he liked Universe and Paradise X less. 

I think it's a fantastic piece of comicbook work, from all parties involved, and it really gave me some proper exposure to some great artists as well, JPL and Doug Brathwaite. Great stuff. Read it.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ReverseNegative

I thought it was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.