Follow

"Earth X" Earth X

Story arc »

The world's population gains super-powers after the Inhuman Terrigen Mists are released into the atmosphere in this dystopian view of the future.

Earth X Daredevil = Deadpool?

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative

Is the Daredevil in Earth X actually Deadpool dressed as Daredevil?

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LT1085

Why do you think that? Pics? Reasons? 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg

I believe so. Ben Grimm explains this to his sons at some point in Universe X. I'll dig up some scans tomorrow.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

I don't think it was ever confirmed. Ben says it's a rumor that it was Deadpool, I think. But I don't remember any sort of definitive proof, but it would make a lot of sense since Daredevil couldn't be killed.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Korg

This is the scene I referred to. Ben says he's Deadpool, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. 

No Caption Provided
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Earth-9997 The Daredevil 

No Caption Provided
    The identity of this version of Daredevil is unknown. What is known is that he's virtually invincible (suggesting he may be Deadpool) it was shown on occasion that he was even trying to kill himself. As a circus performer he was seen doing the most dangerous of stunts and even failing at them which would have killed a normal human man but all the while he kept the same smirk on his face. Also members of this circus where Mr. S's soon to be X-men. 

While Daredevil CANNOT die, like Mr.Immortal he's actually BEEN trying to kill himself.He makes it known several times through out the Earth X series that he wants to die.The circus where they had been performing was shut down do to interference from the Skull and his lackey Karen, otherwise known as the Iron Maiden. So Daredevil moved on to become a member of Captain America's army to rise up against the Skull's control over America. Captain America asks why Daredevil would want to put his life on the line to fight the Skull, especially knowing that he had a history of his sidekick's getting killed. Daredevil tells him that, that is the reason WHY he wants to fight along side Captain America.
     As the series goes on you can see Daredevil is becoming more desperate to be taken out.He even envy's Tony Stark who sacrificed himself against Galactus & the Celestials. He even tries fighting the Hulk hoping that would take him out but he had no luck. 

Daredevil was later approached by Ransak the Reject who was looking for Reed Richards, by this point Daredevil was not playing to an empty arena, but still was determined to continue his one man show in spite of the long odds and lack of turn out. Not long after he was attempted to be lured into attacking the Human Torch in New York by Mr. Church and the followers of the Church of Immortus. When Daredevil refused to aid in attacking the torch, Mr. Church advised Daredevil that his followers might resort to violence upon learning that Daredevil refused to help them. In hearing that Daredevil insisted that they do just that, and he was quickly torn to shreds by the throng of insane followers.

Daredevil did not die however, but the parts of his body somehow regenerated into multiple version of himself. These Daredevils then attacked the Church of Immortus followers prior to the final assembly of the Absorbing Man by the Tong of Creel. During the ensuing battle, the Daredevils took to the sidelines until the battle against Creel was over.

Following Creel's defeat, the Daredevils went back on the road with their now multiple man show, however some of these Daredevil's did stray away from the pack, as one was seen serving drinks to the guests at Buckingham Palace during the wedding of Medusa and King Britain. At some point after this, the Daredevils troupe were infiltrated by Mephisto who disguised himself as one of their number.

During a tour stop in Latveria, the Daredevils became involved in Reed Richards' quest to find a new Death following the death of the original which prevented people from the land of the living from dieing. When the group determined their best hope was a being named Jude (whom battled the Thing and Captain America years ago) the Daredevils traveled along in hopes of finally getting the death they so wanted to achieve.

No Caption Provided

Upon finding the crystal statue that Jude had sealed himself in the members of Richard's exploration team begged Jude to return to life to bring his gift of death. Upon his awakening, Jude showed his power by touching one of the Daredevils, causing him to crumble into dust. He was then trapped in a force-field of Reed Richard's design and was transported back to Castle Latveria, where Richards planned to synthesize the entropic effect of Jude's touch so that he could create synthetic version of Death.

Richards would come to test his synthetic death on the various Daredevil duplicates until he found one that worked. However, Richards never got to use it as Mephisto (dropping his disguise as one of the Daredevils) eventually freed Jude and sent him to bring death to Susan Richards, who had cheated death once before.

During his rampage, the Daredevils approached the various Daredevils and brought death to each one of them, except for the original Daredevil, whom ran and hid within the castle after hearing his last duplicate scream in agony when touched by Jude.

Left alone in the castle, Daredevil was soon approached by X-51 who came to Earth to ask Daredevil why he hid from Jude. X-51 learned that Daredevil was in fact a coward who was afraid to face death after all the years of actively trying to attain it. X-51 surmised that perhaps Daredevil's cowardice stemmed from his lack of compassion for others and his need to become famous as opposed to any selfless acts of heroism.

When Daredevil couldn't get X-51's point, X-51 tried to explain to Daredevil who the hero he named himself after was like, and the sacrifices he made to become a hero. When telling him of the original Daredevil made the current DD hostile, X-51 determined that his words were falling on deaf ears, leaving the cowardly Daredevil alone in the castle once more.

It is unknown what happened to Daredevil after this point. 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Korg

Just realized the scan I posted is actually from Paradise X, but you get the idea.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Korg said:
    " Just realized the scan I posted is actually from Paradise X, but you get the idea. "
    It's the same reality :)
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Korg
    @Vance Astro said:
    " It's the same reality :) "
    I know, but I originally said it was from Universe X, which is a different volume in the series.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

What I want to know is why they never showed Deadpool in this comic? They had flashbacks showing most of the 616 heroes before Earth X...but never Deadpool? If Earth X Daredevil isn't Deadpool..where was Deadpool in that reality? The actual Daredevil\Matt Murdock was shown.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

I always figured it was Deadpool....he acts just like Deadpool does and Ben Grimm says that it was him

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Korg
    @Vance Astro said:
    " What I want to know is why they never showed Deadpool in this comic? They had flashbacks showing most of the 616 heroes before Earth X...but never Deadpool? If Earth X Daredevil isn't Deadpool..where was Deadpool in that reality? The actual Daredevil\Matt Murdock was shown. "
    Good question. Maybe Krueger didn't think he was worth showing. This was during a lull is Deadpool's popularity, a few years before Cable & Deadpool came out, and a few years after his first ongoing ended.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " I always figured it was Deadpool....he acts just like Deadpool does and Ben Grimm says that it was him "
    I thought it was Murdock as a Ghost Rider until I saw him in the book.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " I always figured it was Deadpool....he acts just like Deadpool does and Ben Grimm says that it was him "
    I thought it was Murdock as a Ghost Rider until I saw him in the book. "
    I can't even count how many times I've reread the entire trilogy of Earth X books and every time I read them I pick up on something that I didn't notice before or I've read an old back issue and learned something new that was referenced in the series
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @danhimself said:
    I can't even count how many times I've reread the entire trilogy of Earth X books and every time I read them I pick up on something that I didn't notice before or I've read an old back issue and learned something new that was referenced in the series "
    It's a good series.Confusing...but good.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @danhimself said:
    I can't even count how many times I've reread the entire trilogy of Earth X books and every time I read them I pick up on something that I didn't notice before or I've read an old back issue and learned something new that was referenced in the series "
    It's a good series.Confusing...but good. "
    definitely confusing....the thing that always upset me about it was that it's non canon...it gives such a perfect history to the Marvel Universe that makes a lot of sense but not one bit of it is canon
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    definitely confusing....the thing that always upset me about it was that it's non canon...it gives such a perfect history to the Marvel Universe that makes a lot of sense but not one bit of it is canon "
    It's a very good storyline but I would be pissed if that's how the Marvel Universe ended up.You know what's weird though...Some of themes in the book ended up becoming reality.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:
    definitely confusing....the thing that always upset me about it was that it's non canon...it gives such a perfect history to the Marvel Universe that makes a lot of sense but not one bit of it is canon "
    It's a very good storyline but I would be pissed if that's how the Marvel Universe ended up.You know what's weird though...Some of themes in the book ended up becoming reality. "
    oh yeah...they tried to do what DC is doing with the Kingdom Come stuff by introducing some of the stuff from it into the actual canon universe....it's cool to do because it gives the story this foreboding feeling that it may someday happen...of course it won't but still
    Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm just reading you guys discuss Earth X, makes me intrigued.  Is it good and what from Earth X would you recommend from it for someone who has barely heard about it before.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Boom_goes_the_dynamite said:
    " Hmm just reading you guys discuss Earth X, makes me intrigued.  Is it good and what from Earth X would you recommend from it for someone who has barely heard about it before. "
    Earth X is good but it's preferable to read Universe X and Paradise X as well.It's a more story oriented book.Not as much action as other books but it's really well written.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Korg
    @danhimself said:
    "I can't even count how many times I've reread the entire trilogy of Earth X books and every time I read them I pick up on something that I didn't notice before or I've read an old back issue and learned something new that was referenced in the series "
    Same for me. I read Earth X when it first came out, and I wasn't as familiar with parts of the Marvel Universe as I am now. It's interesting to pick out characters and relationships I didn't recognize before when I re-read it. Earth X was also my introduction to the Inhumans, who I became a big fan of.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Korg said:
    " @danhimself said:
    "I can't even count how many times I've reread the entire trilogy of Earth X books and every time I read them I pick up on something that I didn't notice before or I've read an old back issue and learned something new that was referenced in the series "
    Same for me. I read Earth X when it first came out, and I wasn't as familiar with parts of the Marvel Universe as I am now. It's interesting to pick out characters and relationships I didn't recognize before when I re-read it. Earth X was also my introduction to the Inhumans, who I became a big fan of. "
    I'm not really a fan of the Inhumans..just Medusa and Crystal but they were well portrayed in Earth X.I liked the whole thing with Medusa and Captain Britain.
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Boom_goes_the_dynamite said:
    " Hmm just reading you guys discuss Earth X, makes me intrigued.  Is it good and what from Earth X would you recommend from it for someone who has barely heard about it before. "
    Earth X is good but it's preferable to read Universe X and Paradise X as well.It's a more story oriented book.Not as much action as other books but it's really well written. "
    Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.  Is there a specific one I should check out first though?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.  Is there a specific one I should check out first though? "
    You should read them in order.I think it goes Earth,Universe,Paradise.Because Paradise X if i'm not mistaken deals with Mar-Vell in his creation of Paradise which is like Heaven for Superheroes.
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.  Is there a specific one I should check out first though? "
    You should read them in order.I think it goes Earth,Universe,Paradise.Because Paradise X if i'm not mistaken deals with Mar-Vell in his creation of Paradise which is like Heaven for Superheroes. "
    Alright thanks again.  Also parts of what you guys are discussing reminds me of the cancerverse any similarities?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro said:
    You should read them in order.I think it goes Earth,Universe,Paradise.Because Paradise X if i'm not mistaken deals with Mar-Vell in his creation of Paradise which is like Heaven for Superheroes. "
    Alright thanks again.  Also parts of what you guys are discussing reminds me of the cancerverse any similarities? "
    LOL what's the cancerverse?
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Alright thanks again.  Also parts of what you guys are discussing reminds me of the cancerverse any similarities? "
    LOL what's the cancerverse? "  
    My bad should have explained, its an alt. universe in the Thanos Initiative aka cosmic event in Marvel right now.  Pretty much its a place where Death had been killed and Mar-vell reigns, so no one dies.  So pretty much the whole creation of a Paradise by Mar-Vell and the part about the quest for a new Death reminded me of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.