Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Episode 56 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EdBeatle

First of all, what do you think making this a weekly thing or sth, this forum is slowly getting to just shitposting and simple questions. Just an attempt to keep this alive in some way (although it'll just probably fail miserably).

So today Episode 56 is out, and imo it was huge, we saw Vegeta and Goku in Trunks timeline and they watching how he is respected and admired by the resistance, we saw Vegeta feeding the refugees and old/adult version of Yayirobe, the great rematch against Black where Vegeta was the first one to fight, although Black did not struggle in any way against SSB he decided to "reward" Vegeta by showing them the Super Saiyan Rose.

Then things start looking better when Vegeta is actually able to stop the punch of Black and connecting a lot of hits until, well, HE MADE A FREAKING SWORD APPEAR.

No Caption Provided

Then blah blah blah, Goku says "I got this" (kinda), then he get tossed by Black and then we got a big "*insert bad word here* the theories" from Toriyama when a portal opened and Zamasu came out.

No Caption Provided

AAAAAND, end. We just got Toriyamaed again.

What is your opinion of this week's episode?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

10/10 vegeta getting stabbed

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was great. Seeing the resistance react to Trunks was pretty cool. The situation has always been more dire in the Future Trunks timeline, and you can tell he is a rockstar for being the one hope of the people. I wonder if that one group of people is supposed to represent the entirety of the human race left on Earth.

The fight with Black was well done, he continues to be a great villain, and I really enjoyed Zamasu earlier as well so it's cool to see that we can have both of these great characters squaring off against the Z fighters simultaneously.

I'm not exactly sure where Toriyama is going with this SSJ Rose thing. As of right now it seems like the heroes have zero chance against black. SSJ Blue is already defunct apparently. Trunks assumed Goku would use his "full power" immediately, but he held back on the Kaioken which was interesting.

The main thing I just don't quite get is how this future time line relates to the division of the universes. Each Universe is supposed to have a match where things are semi similar. Six and Seven has a lot of similarities between races, and even the Gods themselves, because they are one such pair.

But Zamasu is from Universe 11. Trunks' future timeline should be an offshoot of Universe 7, so what is Zamasu doing here? Lots of questions to be answered in regards to the timelines and the multiverse.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first episode in a long time that's got me badly wanting to see more

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8/10

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz: i think someone changed the timeline in the other universes as well.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jgames

Hey there a twist that we did not see coming awesome. Also not a huge fan of the aura during the fight, but still a solid episode.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz: i think someone changed the timeline in the other universes as well.

So what does that look like exactly?

I guess the best way to simplify this is to ask the question, does time take precedence over space in the DB verse? Meaning, if an offshoot of the timeline is created in one universe, does an entire new multiverse exist in that alternate time line?

Trunks came back in time and created an entirely new timeline. Technically everything that happened after the Android Saga IS the alternate time line. But he found out he can only return to his original time line.

So basically there is an entirely different Beerus, Whis, even Zeno in the Future Trunks line. So you're stuck with this conundrum where Trunks basically managed to create a new multiverse when he went back and screwed with the time.

I'm probably doing a horrible job explaining this.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Im so damn sick of all these Super Saiyan forms. This series is ruining the damn franchise and making being a Super Saiyan a total joke.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im so damn sick of all these Super Saiyan forms. This series is ruining the damn franchise and making being a Super Saiyan a total joke.

Are you saying DB GT or DBZ were that much different? I mean a regular SSJ was a joke by the end of DBZ too. Honestly SSJ became a joke when Trunks and Goten did it as kids.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, my mind was blown to shit when Zamasu appeared next to Black. So many theories are popping up in my head right now.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
    @kidchipotle said:

Are you saying DB GT or DBZ were that much different? I mean a regular SSJ was a joke by the end of DBZ too. Honestly SSJ became a joke when Trunks and Goten did it as kids.

That's a fair point...but at least with DBZ, they kept it as kind of a growing evolution. GT made SSJ4 the "pure" oozaru but DBS is just throwing hair dye at every new form.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
    @kidchipotle said:

That's a fair point...but at least with DBZ, they kept it as kind of a growing evolution. GT made SSJ4 the "pure" oozaru but DBS is just throwing hair dye at every new form.

I would like to see a bit more variety. I think it's promising that SSJ Rose has actually offered some new abilities we haven't really seen before. If different forms start adding variety as far as actual abilities go, it could be promising.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn.

I was not expecting Vegeta to be stabbed.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was just great whoever wrote the script for it did a great job.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
    @kidchipotle said:
    @lawz said:
    @kidchipotle said:

I would like to see a bit more variety. I think it's promising that SSJ Rose has actually offered some new abilities we haven't really seen before. If different forms start adding variety as far as actual abilities go, it could be promising.

What has Rose shown us we haven't seen before? The energy sword? Vegito did that against buu. But you do make another fair point, I suppose. I just wish they'd explain better where these forms come from and how they're achieved.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zamasu is apparently immortal

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: I'll be honest, right now, I personally don't see a problem with super saiyan rose. It's not something goku or vegeta can attain and it has a some interesting symbolic meaning to it.

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Straja

Plot hole in this ark that i remember was when goku first fought Zamasu.He defeated him in super saiyan 1 form but how is that possible? Supreme kai stated in buu saga that each of his fellow kais were stronger 1000 times than frieza and super saiyan 1 is just slight above 100% frieza on Namek.Not to mention that Zamasu is a fighting prodigy which means he is definitely stronger than other kais in DBZ.

Super saiyan transformations becomed joke after frieza saga...Every few episodes new transformations and every few episodes they were outclassed in combat.That killed the uniqueness of an transformation itself because it was stated that super saiyan doesent have an equal in the universe...Now we have a god KI,god super saiyan which is again stated to be on a whole new level much stronger than super saiyan vegito or buu when he absorbed everyone.And yet again red god saiyan evolved to blue god saiyan and now he is outclassed by some black dude which is ridiculus.for god sake goku fought beerus and trained with whis which means that no matter how potencial zamasu or black have they will never be stronger from what is whis capable to train.

They shoulda never introduced god form till the end of super in final battle against whoever villain is there...Because after this arc even this god form is not unique anymore it is just a washed up version of previous transformations and their evolution through series.They made a mistake for sure making goku and vegeta near beerus level just to be surpassed by common villain.All that hype about destruction of universe where two gods fight is starting to fade and i am not taking super seriously anymore...It is just a power boost to power boost nothing more....

And i am predicting that final goku's transformation will be super saiyan white which only makes sense in this whole franchise...White is all colours combined into one and in eastern civilization its embodiment of powerful and wise old warrior masters who were respected through generations...I am still courious though will they expalin how different colour of an transformation brings different form of energy that fighter possess in that moment.Will they say in the end that white transformation is the ultimate form and all KI forms combined into one or it will be like Goku never used a full potencial of his KI and that is represented with his KI colours.

It tooked a five saiyans to generate a god ki,till now we saw 4 colours of a saiyan transformations.Primary colours are RED,GREEN and BLUE so i expect to see a green transformation before WHITE if we go with colour logic... XD

I hope i expressed my thoughts well folks have a nice day...

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soundtrack starting shortly after Black stabbed Vegeta... awesom, just awesom. Slowly building up a tention, gentle yet powerful, perfect.

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should have make that Goku lose his god form after Battle of God and practice with Beerus and Whis to reopen it. And in Resurrection of F Vegeta go in the god form when Goku is down because he see Goku is down and it hurt his pride. (a nice touch that Goku get his god form by friends while Vegeta get his by his pride). After that they train and everything go like Super, just replace god form with SSJ 1/2/3. This should make the power more balanced, not Goku and Vegeta kick everyone else combined

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Black is acutally God of Destruction made by Zamasu. What you guys think? If he is, than he is most likely as strong as Beerus. If this is the case, we finally know how strong Beerus is compared to SSJB.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: I've seen a similar theory around, and imo it's great but the fact that Black is wearing the timeline ring and one of the potara earrings is weird for a God of Destruction.

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 23dhjyt

Episode 56 was terrible. Vegeta getting used as a test dummy for Goku and always getting pwned as always. Black somehow going from ssj2 tier to being beyond ssb ( pulled a frieza) Black hates humans didnt kill Mai and the rest that whole time he was there. Seriously wtf was he doing ? Going on a date with Zamasu for sure. He seriously pulled a Android 17 and 18 in Trunks timeline.Super Saiyan Rose. Why? WHY?!?! Some dark arua creeper red eyed eletrical ssj black haired form couldn't work? That would look cool. All you fanboys going around saying "Super Saiyan Rose is cool" knowing damn well it is crap. You fans need to stop excepting the crap toriyama gives us and acts like it is ok when it isnt

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: Zamasu gave him potara so he could travel in time. You can only travel in time wearing it.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fact no blood came out when vegeta got stabbed bothered me

Tiramisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tiramisu

@lettsplay10 said:

the fact no blood came out when vegeta got stabbed bothered me

The fact that Vegeta is still alive and still able to talk after getting impaled by a big ki sword bothers me.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@edbeatle: Zamasu gave him potara so he could travel in time. You can only travel in time wearing it.

But that would give him the rank of Kaioshin, not god of destruction.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle said:

@ad-arts said:

Whis said a couple episodes ago that Kaioshin and Hakaishin are related 1 to 1, Kill the Kaio, the Hakai dies too. My bet is Black is Zamazu's Hakai.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ad-arts

@edbeatle said:
    @ad-arts said:

@rukelnikovftw said:

@edbeatle said:

@ad-arts said:

Whis said a couple episodes ago that Kaioshin and Hakaishin are related 1 to 1, Kill the Kaio, the Hakai dies too. My bet is Black is Zamazu's Hakai.

For all we know, anybody wearing Kaioshin earring, is considered by time ring, Kaioshin. Se he does not need to be Kaioshin, he just need an earring.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: On a scale from 1-10 im a 100. Why does anyone like this saga? I just loved the new content(Besides ssj rose ) thats it. The rest is just garbage. It has no legit feats no good storyline all the other characters have been scrapped.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@23dhjyt: I would answer you. But then I figure, what would be the point? All it's gonna be is a back and forth argument with insults most likely included. So I'll just leave it as this

You don't like it, others do, what you see as terrible, others love, it's not that hard to get my acquaintant. No need to get upset over it

But, to give you some perspective, here's some reasons people like this arc

Black as a villain

Zamasu's development into becoming a villain

Trunks

Animation (things such as episode 47 in particular, guess that's more to do with Naoki Tate's amazing work though)

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Black as a Villain? He must be a really nice one for the humans to still be alive after being unprotected by Trunks. Zamasu development? He was always a villain he always hated humans. He's not even from universe 7 go kill your own races in your own universe. Animation is a lot better though im starting like it a lot.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@23dhjyt: he's about as nice as the future androids then I guess

And yes, development for zamasu, saying he was always a villain is ignoring the entire point of the tea and rose petals. He was gradually becoming darker (and the spar he had with goku only made his attitude worse) and this dark turn was shown in his conversation with gowasu regarding whether mortals are worth it (culminating in him killing that alien when he could've just left)

"He's not even from universe 7 go kill your own races in your own universe"

I'll admit, I don't understand the point of this complaint. He doesn't like mortals period now, why would ones from a different universe make a difference?

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 23dhjyt

@mike_fowler: He hates humans even more because of sparring with Goku? He is childish then. Zamasu hates humans for no real reason. How do you hate a race that doesn't even exist in your own universe.He just hates them. I hope Goku or Trunks kill him he is really annoying. Im looking forward to the multiversal tournament this saga just needs to finish.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@23dhjyt: Before I continue I must ask, did you watch episode 53 or 54? That gave him plenty of reason to not like them. He believes that there's no point in just observing when he sees the same thing happen every time

Mortals flourish, then destroy themselves EVERY time in war. And no, Goku confirmed to him that mortals are indeed dangerous, after witnessing how powerful goku is (for a mortal), his trip to the alien planet only served to drive that point home even further.

How is he being childish? And it's not just one race, it's mortals in general

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Everytime? Humans are still on earth as well nameks and yardrats. Most mortals die from villains not from wars. Countless planets have been destroyed Majin Buu and Frieza. No war has even happened except tuffles vs Saiyans. He is killing mortals for no reason. The only mortals that are dangerous are the z fighters. Zamasu should stick his nose in his own universe instead of others. Go kill mortals in universe 10.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@23dhjyt: I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what's so hard to get about his reasoning

I meant to use war as a reference for mortals destroying themselves so my mistake on that one,

But the overall point is that mortals only seem to destroy themselves no matter how many chances they're given

You're using the logic of "oh it's not here so it never happened" when it's pretty clear that's NOT the case. To say the only only war that's been fought is Saiyans and Tuffles is factually wrong anyway, considering

A) king piccolo vs earth in the past

B) the other battles the Saiyans have undoubtedly been involved in when conquering other planets

Again, I don't see what's hard to get about it. Zamasu's point is that mortals only fight amongst each other and what's the point of them (the gods) allowing it to happen when they can easily do something about it. His point is only proven to himself when he and gowasu travel 1000 years into the future to check on a primitive race only to see that they're still fighting and killing one another.

"Zamasu should stick his nose in his own universe instead of others. Go kill mortals in universe 10."

-_- he's a villain that believes his goal is noble and just. Villains attempt to enforce their will on EVERYONE

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: I could sworn just Master Roshi and his master faught king Piccolo and seal him away. Everyone huh? There are 13 universe yet he enforces his goal on a universe he isnt even from instead of his own. 13 universes and he just attacks universe 7. Zamasu the troll. Mortals from universe 7 are not his responsibilty. That is Supreme Kais job. No one asked for the Gods to help. They butt in at all the wrong times. Supreme Kai is the reason why Majin Buu was even at full power. Vegeta was about to blow up the spaceship. Supreme Kai says stop because he believes Majin Buu would stomp Vegeta even though he hasnt even seen Vegeta fight. Goku being dumb sides with supreme kai. How is having Majin Buu at full power better than half? Chances. Who gave them chances? I dont think they are even aware King kai exsist. Not to mention Beerus.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@23dhjyt: no, it was all of earth's fighters who attempted to fight piccolo

Rossi and his master were the just the only ones left. Again, he intends to enforce it on EVERY universe. Why are you acting as if he's only going to get universe 7? And did you just blame kaioshin for Buu being full powered?

A) he stopped vegeta because destroying the spaceship might free Buu anyway

B) it's goku and vegeta's fault, they're the ones who chose to put a fight above the matter at hand, and that caused Buu to be released. And took supreme Kai's side? He literally threatens to blast him for attempting to stop him fighting vegeta

And yes, chances, again, stop thinking the z fighters are the only ones being referred to. By chances, it's referring to the fact that everytime the mortals are given a chance to prove they're don't just fight and kill one another, they blow it. And mortals being aware of them is irrelevant, the kaioshin still created them, and zamasu believes that creating them was a mistake that has to be rectified since the kaioshin are unable to "correct" it

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Zamasu was clearly targeting universe 7. If he wanted to prove his point he could of started with his universe. He was too butthurt to except the beating he got from Goku. Warriors vs Piccolo is not a war but a battle. Are the mortals aware they have chances? They don't even know the gods characters exsist. The gods put in no effort to talk to the mortals. They sit around doing who knows what. The humans seriously think mountain busting is a trick. The Goku vs Vegeta fight would have been avoid if they let Vegeta destroy the ship

Goku had no choice to Fight Vegeta otherwise he would of kept killing people. Like i said, Zamasu is just targeting universe 7. If he wanted to prove his point he could done that in his own universe.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@23dhjyt said:

@mike_fowler: Zamasu was clearly targeting universe 7. If he wanted to prove his point he could of started with his universe. He was too butthurt to except the beating he got from Goku. Warriors vs Piccolo is not a war but a battle. Are the mortals aware they have chances? They don't even know the gods characters exsist. The gods put in no effort to talk to the mortals. They sit around doing who knows what. The humans seriously think mountain busting is a trick. The Goku vs Vegeta fight would have been avoid if they let Vegeta destroy the ship

Goku had no choice to Fight Vegeta otherwise he would of kept killing people. Like i said, Zamasu is just targeting universe 7. If he wanted to prove his point he could done that in his own universe.

I'm in the mood for a discussion so...

How could you know Zamasu is clearly targeting the universe 7? Just because it's currently happening in Trunks timeline/universe does not mean it didn't happen or is happening on other universe, Black is dealing with the Universe 7, seeing that Zamasu is a separate being he could be in his own universe or maybe he already killed all the humans there.

Consider what you want from the Piccolo's era but seeing how they consider human every mortal you didn't think of Frieza "the emperor of the universe" who not only had the Saiyans as part of his army but tons of other races under his command and conquering other planets had to go to war multiple times?

Now I don't get it, you're complaining that Kaioshin involvement in the Buu deal but then complain that gods don't make effort on helping humans, in Trunks timeline clearly the people do know people can blow up mountains whenever they want but they don't know about gods because they've never seen one, Kaioshin died and with him the God of Destruction so gods can't really do shit because there are no gods. While in Zamasu universe, he do want to interfere (in the wrong way but interfere) but the Supreme Kai keeps saying him they're not allowed to do that, it's not really gods fault. Plus, what's your point with all this on blaming the gods?

So you expected the Kaioshin, who is not aware the great power the Saiyans have, should just trust this unknown guy and risk letting free the being who killed his people? His main point was getting to the bottom while trying to not charge Buu, which is a really good and safe plan than risk it blind trusting this race to defeat Buu without having much info about the full capacities of them.

Goku could just stop saving time and go SSJ3 to top Vegeta as soon as he could which considering the difference of power should've taken him seconds.

You can't assure Zamasu is not dealing with his universe when he and Black are different. And it's not about proving points, he doesn't want to prove nothing, he is just following his ideals of how the universe should be, which is without comic

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: (Accidentaly flagged your post)

Anyways, he is targeting universe 7. There are no humans in universe 10. Universe 6 had humans because of the twin universes thing. This shows he is targeting universe 7.

You mean a take over. No race could stop the saiyans so it is a take over not a war. If you count filler and movies the saiyans took over planets in 3 days or less. What type of war is this?

First humans clearly dont even think mountain busting can be done by another human. Hercule drilled that inside there heads.When Supreme Kai comes to west city and have a nice talk to the humans then he us considered helping.

Time out. You want help but then dont trust the people you wanted help from? Why ask for help then? He had all reason to trust them. Goku and Vegeta already agreed that Gohan gotten weaker. Vegeta and Goku both said they can beat Dabura. Gohan is 50% Full power Buu the power meter shown this. Letting Vegeta destroy the ship would of been the best alternative. Supreme was low balling the living hell out of everyone for no reason. They already stated they faught someone who was Dabura level. They prove 2/3 times supreme kai wrong.

It took Goku 5 mins to go ssj3. This after a zenkai. You think Vegeta is gonna sit there for 5 minutes and let Goku power up?

Zamasu hates humans. Two universes contain humans 6 and 7. He clearly target univere 7 there is no denying it.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@23dhjyt: There are humans in Universe 10 man, unless you're saying Gowasu and Zamasu are watching the humans of another universe just for the sakes of it? And in case you didn't know they refer to every mortal as human so yeah, Zamasu hates non gods beings.

Saiyans actually didn't seemed too strong, and come on, fillers and anime? No. Considering that Vegeta was an elite class warrior and strongest Saiyan left and his power was rivaled by a regular soldier of the Frieza army before he got the zenkai, and even then a takeover involves races defending themselves, therefore, war. Plus, what Zamasu hates is that humans are fighting and killing each other, I don't know why you think it'd have to be a massive war happening to be violence among humans.

I don't know what's your point on human acknowledging that.

Supreme Kai wasn't aware of the full capacities of Saiyans or Buu, he trusted in them against Dabura because he knew he could use help from them, yet he clearly wasn't aware that they had such a level of power and he was scared af of Buu, they were fighting and Vegeta one shotted his rival, Goku defeated his rival, Supreme Kai was trying to reach bottom of the ship without freeing Buu and his allies were one shotting people, the best strategy at the moment was not destroying the ship.

So? Vegeta wanted Goku to use full power, he said that a lot of times, Goku admitted he was saving the SSJ3 for later, and Vegeta was mocked that Goku didn't use the SSJ3 against him, so.... yeah, Vegeta would've sitted down waiting for the transformation if that'd have meant a fight against his rival at full power.

Kaioshins watching over mortals (humans) of other universes is illogical, so yes, is deniable he is targeting the Universe 7.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.