Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 545 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

Doomsday strength

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

I don't think Doomsday feels strain or fatigue, so...I think he could lift as much as WWH.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By brainiac 1.0

How many tons can doomsday lift. Can he lift a mountain like World War Hulk. Can he pick up a moon. Can doomsday move planets what. I just want to know how many tons can doomsday lift. And also show feats if you can please.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Post Deleted.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Gottheit says:

"I don't think Doomsday feels strain or fatigue, so...I think he could lift as much as WWH."

How about more. Since superman can lift more than that. So that means doomsday could even lift more.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul

Doomsday's strength is most likely at Superman's level. note level, not the exact same strength He probably is in a higher end of his level than Superman is though. It is debatable whether or not Doomsday's strength increases with each evolution he goes through.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

Gottheit says:

"I don't think Doomsday feels strain or fatigue, so...I think he could lift as much as WWH."

If he is on superman's level then he should be able to do every feat of strength that super man can do and better, well any feat that doesn't require flight. At his peak superman could lift a black hole, which in order to be self sustaining must be the mass of the moon or greater.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

True.

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Zenma

lifting a black hole? i don't think there is any land mass that can support a black hole, but it may be possible to move it, but if you're saying that superman can lift the weight of a black hole then ok
    Post Edited:2008-05-28 21:03:37

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Tevnoba

Dreadnaught says:

"Gottheit says:

If he is on superman's level then he should be able to do every feat of strength that super man can do and better, well any feat that doesn't require flight. At his peak superman could lift a black hole, which in order to be self sustaining must be the mass of the moon or greater."

?????????

A self-sustaining quantum singularity needs to be at least 3 solar masses (3*our sun), even then all quantum singularities will breakdown eventually. Quantum singularities the mass of the moon (btw it would be about a nanometer in diameter for it's event horizon) would not last more than a few seconds before it imploded.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

Tevnoba says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Gottheit says:

If he is on superman's level then he should be able to do every feat of strength that super man can do and better, well any feat that doesn't require flight. At his peak superman could lift a black hole, which in order to be self sustaining must be the mass of the moon or greater."

?????????

A self-sustaining quantum singularity needs to be at least 3 solar masses (3*our sun), even then all quantum singularities will breakdown eventually. Quantum singularities the mass of the moon (btw it would be about a nanometer in diameter for it's event horizon) would not last more than a few seconds before it imploded."

Blakc holes of stellar origins are 3 solar masses in mass. Primordial black holes tend to be smaller. But no black hole can have less mass then the moon, otherwise what it absorbs in from the false vacuum of space will not compensate for hawking's radiation.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

Zenma says:

"lifting a black hole? i don't think there is any land mass that can support a black hole, but it may be possible to move it, but if you're saying that superman can lift the weight of a black hole then ok
    Post Edited:2008-05-28 21:03:37"

he managed to move a black hole that was threatening the JLA base. A feat which practically no other character has matched so far whatsoever.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the creator

It is difficult to estimate the trength of such beings.

Was Doomsday stronger than Superman at the time of Superman death ? Probably yes.

Is he stronger than Supermna now ? I would say no.

Although Doomsday can regenerate stronger than before I don't think he did. He regenerated with more durability to kinectic/physical attack - making him immune to Supermans strength at the time of their original conflict. Now if Doomsday had been crushed to death then he may come back with enhanced strength to combat this level of crushing force. It all depends upon the nature of what killed him.

I think that Superman is stronger now as he has gone through a couple of power upgrades since his fight with Doomsday. The main upgrade being whan he was repowered after his 'rebirth' at the hands of the Eradicator, after which the Parasite had to bleed some energy back off Superman as he was swollen with power. There is evidence however with his subsequent feats to show that Superman is certainly more powerful now.

So Doomsday is stronger than Superman when they first clashed.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher

Dreadnaught says:

"Zenma says:
    "lifting a black hole? i don't think there is any land mass that can support a black hole, but it may be possible to move it, but if you're saying that superman can lift the weight of a black hole then ok

he managed to move a black hole that was threatening the JLA base. A feat which practically no other character has matched so far whatsoever."

Thats because he moved a blackhole. I don't know if you haven't noticed lol but you can't move or close a blackhole. Its impossible. Superman also one time moved a few planets while a chain was right through them?? The chain should have slip right through then and what happens when he stops. So some feats like that even though most are fake some are way off to even be counted as a feat. Moving a planet yeah with his bare hands. But closing a blackhole is ridiculous.

brainiac 1.0 says:

"How many tons can doomsday lift. Can he lift a mountain like World War Hulk. Can he pick up a moon. Can doomsday move planets what. I just want to know how many tons can doomsday lift. And also show feats if you can please."

Your wrong. Hulk support no mountain. It was like a small portion or rock and even then hulk had help from two other heroes. He never support the whole thing and probably not even half of it.

As for doomsday strength. I would do it like wendigo vs hulk as doomsday vs superman. Doomsday would have had to be some where around 150 or probably less. Superman little over 100 I guess. Doomsday however even if as strong as superman can't or doesn't move planets. People don't know thats kind of a pointless feat. People don't know that when you can't fly you can't move what your standing on either. He could probably destroy a planet with his bare hands which is even stronger feat but he was smart enough to know he'd be floating in space for a while.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius

zee crusher says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Zenma says:
    he managed to move a black hole that was threatening the JLA base. A feat which practically no other character has matched so far whatsoever."
    Thats because he moved a blackhole. I don't know if you haven't noticed lol but you can't move or close a blackhole. Its impossible. Superman also one time moved a few planets while a chain was right through them?? The chain should have slip right through then and what happens when he stops. So some feats like that even though most are fake some are way off to even be counted as a feat. Moving a planet yeah with his bare hands. But closing a blackhole is ridiculous. brainiac 1.0 says:
    " How many tons can doomsday lift. Can he lift a mountain like World War Hulk. Can he pick up a moon. Can doomsday move planets what. I just want to know how many tons can doomsday lift. And also show feats if you can please."
    Your wrong. Hulk support no mountain. It was like a small portion or rock and even then hulk had help from two other heroes. He never support the whole thing and probably not even half of it. As for doomsday strength. I would do it like wendigo vs hulk as doomsday vs superman. Doomsday would have had to be some where around 150 or probably less. Superman little over 100 I guess. Doomsday however even if as strong as superman can't or doesn't move planets. People don't know thats kind of a pointless feat. People don't know that when you can't fly you can't move what your standing on either. He could probably destroy a planet with his bare hands which is even stronger feat but he was smart enough to know he'd be floating in space for a while."

Your partly right. He didn't support a mountain but the weight he was supporting was greater than anyone else has ever been shown to hold up. And he didn't get help holding it only getting out.

And please don't sasy Hercules holding the world on his shoulder because it didn't happen.

shadow2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I know that superman can lift 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons superman can also hold the weight of a black hole he can also move planets and doomsday still makes him look weak and doomsday got so strong once superman had to throw him to the end of time becouse he can't defeate him so I would have to say stronger then even world war hulk got

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow2002: Moving a stationary black hole through frictionless space wouldn't be nearly as hard as lifting that much weight above your head... right?

Patrick_Ryans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Patrick_Ryans

lol apperently i lost my old account shadow2002 but i will give you more info that i have gathered

DOOMSDAYS STRENGTH

well i found out that superman has been beaten by a green lantern before and since doomsday has tooken down 1,100 green lanterns that must mean he is 1,100 times stronger or more since he was just shot out into space by an explosion to be stopped and yes overmonitor moving a black hole through frictionless space weighs less but we already know that black holes usually are several times the mass of the sun anyways also i found out that since superman can lift the book of infinite pages that means superman has infinite strength and since he was beaten by doomsday doomsday must have more then an infinite amount of strength here is more evidence for that fact the newer doomsday also took on an infinite amount of gogs for 100 years and even the creators said that superman has no limits so since doomsday can take on superman thats crazy i also noticed that since doomsday is a lot stronger then darkside since he took out darkside in 4 shots that makes doomsday at multiversal strength because darkside can hold planes of reality but that's not it darkside nearly destoyed the multiverse so that's just crazy that doomsday can defeat a multiversal level being and before you bring up that the darkside doomsday took out is a clone let me explain how i can prove that wrong well darkside has been defeated by superman by himself on multiple occations and knowing that even the stronger versions of darkside has a problem with superman and knowing doomsday is 1,100 times stronger then superman or more its pretty clear that doomsday wins even if its darksides stronger incarnations and darkside does lie so the hp doomsday may have actually tooken out real darkside and the real darkside is to humiliated to admit it also darkside has fought antimonittor in a tie until antimonitter used his minions and cheated so doomsday is crazy strong also superman can destroy planets easily and is still tooken out by doomsday so take that world breaker hulk I bet you cant do this stuff

DOOMSDAYS DURABILITY

doomsday has withstood darksides omega beams and those are said to kill any living organisim and he proved how strong his omega beams by brutaly injuring the sprectre with them and knowing superman can lift an infinite amount of weight he must be able to take more then that since he took lots of supermans strongest blows

also i came up with doomsdays speed to here it is

DOOMSDAYS SPEED

so since superman couldn't see doomsday coming

“Tests with Air force pilots have shown, that they could identify the plane on a flashed picture that was flashed only for 1/220th of a second.”

That is identifying. So it's pretty safe to say, that recognizing, that SOME light was there is possible with 1/300th of a second.”

if you don't believe me on that part and you go like stop assuming your eyes can only see stuff at 0.013 seconds 1/300 th of a second is 0.003

First, let's assume your field of vision on a clear horizon at ground level is 2.5 miles in either direction. Also you couldn't recognize something if it flashed for just 1/300th of a second

So a plane travelling 5 miles in 1/300th of a second would travel at 1,500 miles a second or 5.4 million miles an hour. That's about .8% the speed of light.

So a plane travelling 5 miles in 1/300th of a second would travel at 1,500 miles a second or 5.4 million miles an hour. That's about .8% the speed of light

5.4 million miles an hour divided by the normal speed a human runs is

192,857 times faster to be unseable

Since superman has flown from the edge of the observable universe and made it at 60 days that means that is 273,750,000,000 times the speed of light

So 273,750,000,000 times 192,857

52,794,604,000,000,000 times the speed of light doomsday can move at

CONCLUSION

so if you actually look at doomsday close enough he is way more OP then you think it makes since why they had to send doomsday to the end of time know but this is using all of doomsdays feats and doomsdays power levels do vary a lot sometimes so keep in mind of that but this is doomsday thought comics and feel free to use this evidence in debates like doomsday vs hulk so yup any questions or statements?

GIBBSINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that superman is stronger then doomsday because his power can be limitless if he learns how but at the time doomsday was almost as strong as superman. The reason I say this is because superman never died in the fight whereas doomsday did. People only say he died because it the death of superman sounds cooler than the sleep and return of superman. Overall doomsday is as strong as the amateur weak superman, superman has gotten a lot stronger since, the time they met after that fight he tore him in half

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday can lift as much as WWH can lift

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.