Follow

Donna Troy

Character » Donna Troy appears in 2245 issues.

First appearing as a Wonder Woman doppelganger, Donna Troy has become one of the most beloved characters in the DC universe. Following the New 52 reboot, she is re-imagined as the perfect Amazonian weapon born of clay to battle Wonder Woman for the throne of Themiscyra.

DONNA TROY IS BACK!

• 83 results
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@youknowwhattodo: Donna was by far the best looking amazon this issue. The dead/cold gaze coupled with her outfit and the background just fit perfectly.

I'm also still trying to figure out how in the world is she going to fight Diana.. But the old crone said something about praying to hera... Perhaps the woman tricked the goddesses into blessing her with divine gifts like WW before the reboot..

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am loving the new look for her and hoping she has some great storylines coming up

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By NYBreezy

I already like her more than New 52 WW. Just because of her origin that is like an edited version of the origin of Pre-New52 WW. I also like that she finally looks different from Diana with the light brown eyes. There's too many dark hair, blue eyes character in the DC Universe. Hopefully they stick to these characteristics.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: I kinda wanted an unusual eye color but meh. At least she's back. Also, shes in the preview for WW #40

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Normally I'm not the type of person to wax nostalgic over the pre-new 52, but after reading Convergence: New Teen Titans #1, it really did dawn on me how much I missed that Donna Troy, who in many ways is the star of that comic. The Donna that's the heart of the team, always has the words to heal others and yet struggles with her own happiness. Each one of us knows somebody who has those characteristics. No disrespect to new 52 Donna Troy (because I don't know how her development will play out) or even the Wonder Girl who replaced her Cassie, but the new 52 could have used someone similar to this Donna.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: agreed with everything you said. I'm a sucker for nostalgia and Convergence Donna is breaking my heart.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say that I am horrified by what the Finchs have done to Donna ... She's now a genocidal maniac ... It worse than what even happened to the Amazons as a whole. I have always loved Donna, but this creature isn't a reintroduction of Donna Troy, she is a bastardization of the character.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: "Donna will play a major part in this arc. I hope the people we've upset with Donna come around this time. It's a story, it's just drama"- David Finch.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I still call BS ... They took one of the most kind and loving heroes in the DCU and transformed her into a genocidal maniac. Quite frankly Meredith isn't a good enough writer to fix this. Hopefully this version of "Donna" will cease to exist during Convergence. I've been pretty open minded about the Finchs up until now, but they have yet to do anything more than take a big crap on the whole WW corner of the DCU

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: she's still around seeing as he was talking about issue #42 so....heres to more gut wrenching disappointments...and you know what? I still see her being this way after these two leave..like Cheetah doesn't need employment.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I'll begin by saying that I'm fully aware of the concept that the new 52 allowed for writers to tell new stories for DC characters and that readers should be patient with regards to new characterizations because we don't have access to the complete picture. Even with what I'm about to say regarding new 52 Donna Troy, I will wait to pass final judgement on her re-introduction until a year or two when I can see a clearer picture with her development.

It's been about four issues since Donna Troy was re-introduced into mainstream continuity in Wonder Woman and the results so far have been disappointing. I don't mind having Donna initially play an antagonistic role in these stories because a character can be an antagonist and still be a good person, and a character can be an antagonist and still have depth. Unfortunately, this Donna Troy is evil because she was created by a pantomime villain to be so (not the most engaging set-up) and has no character depth at all to the point where she comes off as a manikin. If this character wasn't named Donna Troy and instead was named Aresia, would we even care about this character and where they're going? While we can all assume that the Finches will try and redeem Donna Troy later on in their 'run', she's randomly slaughtering people, in particular the men of Themyscira. Not only is that a complete 180 from Donna Troy in the previous continuity, but it's going to make the redemption arc a lot harder to pull off convincingly and I have absolutely zero confidence that the Finches can make it work. By the way, having a well-known DC legacy character's first contribution in a new continuity be attempted genocide, isn't the best way to make a good first impression.

I've always felt as though Donna Troy was thrown into the Finches Wonder Woman series in order to maintain fan interest without any detailed plans as to how she would fit into the DCU. The idea of having a known name from pre-Flashpoint thrown into a new 52 story to maintain interest isn't the worst thing, after all that's sort of what happened in Grayson with Helena Bertinelli, but at least she's well written, has a character arc going and we're slowly starting to see where she fits into the DCU. So far, I haven't really seen anything to suggest the Finches have a plan in place for the future of the character, with Meredith content on dragging the Donna/Diana story-line until she can find a way to write herself out of this corner she put herself in.

I do like her costume though....

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: it's a really poor concept ... They essentially took the name and created a villain. I too was pretty open to the initial starting out as an antagonist, but honestly cold blooded murder of her own kin is beyond redemption. Azzarello seemed to have set the Amazons up for a new path, leading them out of the stagnant xenophobic man-hating society he created, but the Finch team seems dead set on driving the whole Amazon nation into a hate-filled hell. Perhaps if she hadn't spent her first 4 issues essentially writing in circles I would be happier, I have a pretty high tolerance for most things comic book nonsense, but Finch has yet to actually move the story forward. I'll read this crap simply because I love the character, but this is one case where I'm begging for a retcon!!

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Well based on the solicits for Wonder Woman #43, it does seem like they're trying to hit the reset button. Or at least fool us into thinking that Donna will resemble anything close to pre-52 Donna with a similar outfit.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Well based on the solicits for Wonder Woman #43, it does seem like they're trying to hit the reset button. Or at least fool us into thinking that Donna will resemble anything close to pre-52 Donna with a similar outfit.

No Caption Provided

Fingers crossed!!! And thanks for sharing!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Why does she look like pre 52 Donna.....oh dear.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Why does she look like pre 52 Donna.....oh dear.

I don't know, but I'll be girly squealing with excitement if she behaves like pre-52 Donna :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: And I'll be right there with you. Also..whats with the brown patches? ?.. looks like she's reverting to clay..

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: And I'll be right there with you. Also..whats with the brown patches? ?.. looks like she's reverting to clay..

I am hoping it's just supposed to be some kind of shadowing ... bad shadowing ... but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Finch's do this.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I wonder why finch is doing the faces this rough though. Her face on the last page of #38 was breathtaking.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I wonder why finch is doing the faces this rough though. Her face on the last page of #38 was breathtaking.

He's really inconsistent with his female faces ... personally I think he is a WAY better monster artist than anything. IMO his Swamp Thing and that Dragon were by far the best moments in his WW work to date

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Agreed. But i'd honestly take the fourteen year old amazons over this. Unless he goes a bit softer. It cant be THAT hard can it?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Agreed. But i'd honestly take the fourteen year old amazons over this. Unless he goes a bit softer. It cant be THAT hard can it?

LOL ... the Ama-girls were a bit creepy but you'd think an artist with a resume like Finch's could figure it out.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does she have the open sores on her face? Is infected with something or dying?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@daymareprime: theres is a brown patch on her pants as well so I assume she's just dirty. @csg_cl: At least he somewhat compensates for it with his backgrounds.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daymareprime: theres is a brown patch on her pants as well so I assume she's just dirty. @csg_cl: At least he somewhat compensates for it with his backgrounds.

LOL ... she is a bit of a mess and now all I can think about is that she's a dirty girl! Some of his work is breathtaking, but the human form isn't his strong suit :)

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Thank you.

I stopped reading it after the first Finch's issue as I found it lacking. I was interested in Donna coming into play but was wishing someone else would have gotten to her instead of the Finch Squared. Looks as though she will have some type of story in the DC universe though so maybe someone will get the chance to bring her back to greatness. Since the first time I saw her on the WW TV show up until her death (save for some of the Green Lantern ish) she has been a character I had liked.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daymareprime: You found it lacking? The only thing Finch has accomplished so far is to annoy me. She's writing in circles. And? Too much Justice League..we get she wants the Story to build on the amazons not wanting Diana because she's never there, but she doesn't have to be with the Justice League ALL the time. Add the fact that she kept shoving Donna to the last page all the damn time is too much. So many unanswered questions. How is Donna going to fight Diana? I want more than "screw it, she was made by the goddess so she has built in powers/fighting skills..she also keeps re doing the "do you know what it means to be the god of war" blah blah blah.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I am still somewhat worried about this reveal/development:

• This is still the same Donna that just might have committed gendercide
    • They are already teasing us with her possible death... for some reason
    • I wouldn't put it past them that 'Donna' is actually somewhere inside; Hippolyta, who is now trying to get out or again control. (The ghost Diana saw would be her GoW power's bringing out the warrior-spirit like Ares raised an army).
    • I dont know about the outfit, it's great if it was old Donna... but this is a Donna with no perception of the outside world (still think the old bare-arm star-night attire was the best).
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@outside_85: Finch would shoot herself in the foot by killing Donna after bringing her back for such a short period.....

Also, I kinda like the outfit. But it has too much silver.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

has anyone read WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1?

I've got to say I was disappointed after reading and knowing what happened to Donna.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman said:

has anyone read WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1?

I've got to say I was disappointed after reading and knowing what happened to Donna.

Was just about to come here and post about that. Amazing how Donna Troy and Wally West, two members of the best Teen Titans era in history, have both had their characters destroyed. They really exist in nothing more than name now.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@hyperman: she got butchered. She's hatred personified. She's also in human .. sticking her arm back together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.