Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3794 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Would you want Dr.Doom in Iron Man 4 or Thor 3

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wario1988

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Avengers 3

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RainEffect

I don't think he belongs in either. Unless Thor somehow lost Molnir and Doom managed to pick it up through his mystic arts. 

But, to counter that notion, I don't think we need a Fantastic Four reboot. They should just leave the FF untouched - they don't work in the cinematic universe because no one takes them seriously. Let him pop up in the second Avengers movie and collaborate with Thanos. Or heck, even let him FIGHT Thanos, but be on his own team.

"DOOM NEEDS NO ONE."

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By utotheg38

Doesn't 20th century fox have Dr.Doom's Rights.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

@RainEffect said:

They should just leave the FF untouched - they don't work in the cinematic universe because no one takes them seriously.

Get out and never come back.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deadite

Hmm, I can't choose both.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By KainScion

iron man 4 with doom = WIN

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By utotheg38

No love for the Mandarin?

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mekboy

A cameo in either would make me very happy :).

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By Dracade102

I don't care what movie he's in just as long as his character's given some justice.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#11  Edited By TheCannon

Neither. Not only can that not happen (for now), I don't want it to. I love Doom, but to me, he is a Fantastic Four villain. Yes, he has faced Iron Man and Thor before, but I think that they should keep Doom only in Fantastic Four movies.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom was a universal villain at a certain point, but he is always and forever a Reed Richards villain. Include him before the Fantastic Four reboot and say goodbye to the introduction of a realistic Doom. I can't have that, Sony aside.

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
    Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Neither. A cameo, sure, but I don't think it's late in the game for Doom in those movies. If you're going to bring a major player into a movie, one of the earlier ones is best or, at the very least, allow the other movies to lead up to his grand entrance (with final scenes of Doom watching *insert hero(es)* on a monitor or from a distance).

While Thor and Iron-Man may be too late, the Avengers is still fairly fresh (I haven't been able to see Avengers yet, so if Doom is referenced, ignore this), he could make an appearance there.

Regardless, when/if they bring back Doom, I'd prefer a reboot from the FF movies. He looked great, but I prefer the Doom who relies on science and magic; not the cosmic energy Doom.

Just my opinion of course.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

They should make a new FF movie (by Marvel this time), have Doom in that, and then bring Doom in for the third Avengers movie.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HBKTimHBK

As of now, neither.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RainEffect
    @CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

They should just leave the FF untouched - they don't work in the cinematic universe because no one takes them seriously.

Get out and never come back.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By HolySerpent

Neither

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By HolySerpent

I also agree with raineffect. There corny

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Iron Man 4.

I want to see a war of prep between the two.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Would love to see Doom in an Avengers movie, seriously doubt it will happen though.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By SoA

doom should be left out of both , he serves no purpose in either film .

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22  Edited By The Lobster
    @RainEffect said:
    I don't think we need a Fantastic Four reboot. They should just leave the FF untouched - they don't work in the cinematic universe because no one takes them seriously.
    If they can do a successful movie about a family of superheros who all have a similar power set ( The Incredibles) and have people take that seriously. Then they can do a Fantastic Four film as well.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Lobster

Doom should appear in a Fantastic Four reboot but not till the third movie of the trilogy.  I've got this down to a science, I know how I would handle a Fantastic Four movie trilogy......

The first should all be about their powers and how they cope with having such amazing abilities, the villain should be one of their lesser villains like Mole-Man or Impossible Man or (My personal pick) Mad Thinker. There should be hints of Doom in the background but no real appearance. He could appear in the background on a news report or At most he'd appear in the after credits scene in the shadows or something like that.  So basically the first film would show his rise to power in Latveria. The main theme would be about "responsibility" and how the fantastic four deal with using their powers in responsible ways.

The second should up the ante and not have the Fantastic Four battle one villain but a team of villains ( The Frightful Four), this time Doom would make an appearance but he wouldn't be the focus of the film. Basically it'd be a long cameo at most but at the end it's revealed he was the one pulling the strings. Then set it up for him to be the big bad guy in the end. This shows that Doom has ulterior motives and that he's a good con artist cause in the end he'd get whatever item he wanted. The main theme would be "secrets" and is it right to keep them? Mainly the secret being did Reed Richards plan on them flying through the cosmic rays and getting superpowers? This would cause the Fantastic Four to temporarily break up because most of them have been keeping secrets from each other and they can't trust each other. Of course they'd get together in the end and solve their problems.

The third film would be Doom as the main villain. It'd be all about the Fantastic Four figuring out what his plan is and would toy with the whole science vs magic debate. Is magic stronger than science or is Magic just science most people do not understand? Doom would the main bad guy and the Fantastic Four's biggest threat. The main theme would be "Past Mistakes", it was a past mistake that made Doom what he is, it was a past mistake that made the FF what they are, and it was a past mistake that created the Reed Richards and Doctor Doom rivalry. It's all about making up for past mistakes and what happens if you let past mistakes corrupt you. I picture the film ultimately ending with Doom appearing to have been killed but with strong hints that he's still alive planing his revenge. Kinda like Red Skull's so called "Death" in the Captain America movie. He'd be blown up or something and all that would be left is his mask, but anyone with a strong eye for detail would know that he was actually teleported to another dimension or something like that.

That's what I would do.

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mycroftian

@RainEffect

The FF don't work in the cinematic universe? Poppycock. The Cinematic Universe has a strong cosmic influence, and the FF (and associated characters - Galactus, Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Skrulls, etc.) bridge the gap between earth-bound and cosmic heroes pretty well. The FF mythos would fit into the cinematic universe so darn perfectly that sometimes I weep over Marvel lacking the rights to include them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they completely disregard the Dr Doom form the terrible Fantastic Four movies and start him fresh. Avengers 3 would be my first pick, Iron Man 4 would be my second.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RainEffect
    @HolySerpent said:
    I also agree with raineffect. There corny
    Thank you <3

@Mycroftian
    I never said they don't work 'realistically' or anything, I said they don't work because no one takes them seriously. The only reason the first movies were even remotely successful was because people saw Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Ioan Ruffud (or whatever his last name is). When it comes down to it, even Superman can be taken more seriously.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Lobster
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SandMan_

It can't be done. Fox

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Lobster
    @SandMan_ said:
    It can't be done. Fox
    Actually FOX and Marvel are currently in negotiations. Apparently FOX wants more time to work on the Daredevil reboot so they went to Marvel asking for more time before the rights expire. Marvel said they'll give them more time but only if FOX gives them the right to all the Fantastic Four characters, The Silver Surfer, and Galactus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.