Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

so uh doctors doom a badass?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

I ask myself this how he a badass he's just a pun to be used over and over again and well I never saw him as badass at all just a failed villian. He even looks stupid I mean why green? Why not white. That would be fitting. In my eyes a badass villian is based on how much they have conquered or how many time they or he or she has won. And also how much they strike fear in too there enemys and the only thing scary about him is how many times that pun has been used for him.and when I say conquered I mean like how many times they have won

Thanos- conquered the universe

Darkseid- own a world finally found the anti-life equation

joker- killed a robin-shot Barbara gordon- conquered the universe. So yeah most of the time I see him as an a joke an of noxious

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lifeofvibe

i see him as an obnoxious joke

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

He wears a dress

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

ruined wakanda-doomwar

tried to weaponize the marvel zombies plague- ultimate comics

inadvertently caused the near end of the ultimate universe- ultimate comics

lobotomized banner from hulk - before indestructible hulk

was a member of the ff- ff

was leader of alternate reality dr dooms wielding dual infinity gauntlets- ff

owns his own country - always

marvel-wise is a villain to all heroes and has fought the major teams at one time or another : as in the avengers have went against him, the ff, and the x-men at different times .

reed richards has went to him for help.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

@soa said:

ruined wakanda-doomwar

marvel-wise is a villain to all heroes and has fought the major teams at one time or another : as in the avengers have went against him, the ff, and the x-men at different times .

Nailed it right on the head.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Everything is subjective... everything

buttah

I think he's overrated too

( + )

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Anyone who thinks Doctor Doom is lame or a joke needs to read Books of Doom. Doom is much more than the deranged tyrant who wants to take over the world; he is a complex and tragic character who originally just wanted to save his mother. He's a character who, despite his ego and thirst for power, believes that he knows what is best for the world and, if not for his upbringing, could have very well become one of its greatest heroes. He is one of the world's greatest minds, rivaling the likes of Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark, Black Panther, etc.. He rescued his country from poverty, building it up to being one of the most powerful countries in the world despite it's small size. He has proven himself against pretty every major Marvel hero and throughout his history remains one of Marvel greatest villains of all time and should never be taken lightly.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: He has defeated both Galactus and the Beyonder literally nothing else you have to say on the subject matters.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mega_spidey01

they have to do him right in a ff reboot or a marvel movie. i think clive owen would be badass as dr. doom

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yes it is a good series.

@lifeofvibe: He has defeated both Galactus and the Beyonder literally nothing else you have to say on the subject matters.

Galactus? When? and I heard Beyonder let Doom beat him.

( + )

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: He stole Galactus' power from him, it was either in the late 70s or early 80s. It turned out he couldn't handle the full power of Galactus because he's only human but the victory still stands. Also he's out witted Mephisto and at one point actually did conquer the world but relinquished control because he felt the way he accomplished it was beneath him.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lifeofvibe

@joshmightbe: eh wha I forgot about this thread... but anyways even then I still see him as a green tarped joke I mean bow before doom no doom I will before a guy who in every way is the most overated I will rule all villian even black adam is cooler then you and I've only read one comic with him in it

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

ruined wakanda-doomwar

Nailed it right on the head.

these

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: ok but didnt Dr.Strange help him? I'm just asking because I am not sure. ( + )

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

He is Doom, destroyer of worlds.... what gods dare stand against him?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Okay you're obviously trolling and deliberately trying to piss me off so I'm done here.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Yes but it was due to Doom tricking him into it, Doom then tried to use Strange's soul as a bargaining tool but it didn't work and they both ended up having to save their own asses. Doom is awesome but even the greats f**k up sometimes.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: I'm not angry I just recognize obvious trolling and I'm not feeding it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: look im not trying to piss you off i just think hes a bit overated if you dont think the same way okay then okay?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of want to get into a small discussion and or debate with someone for the love of debating but I'm feeling lazy at the moment so... Yeah... some other time perhaps. ( + )

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's the point of this? just to set-up post forum to hate a good villain? sound like jealousy just because some people don't feel the same way as you, dr.doom still badass no matter what you say im done see ya.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lifeofvibe

@drdoomsday390: speak for your self mr I hate aquaman even he's more badass then doom

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MatteoPG

@war_killer said:

Anyone who thinks Doctor Doom is lame or a joke needs to read Books of Doom. Doom is much more than the deranged tyrant who wants to take over the world; he is a complex and tragic character who originally just wanted to save his mother. He's a character who, despite his ego and thirst for power, believes that he knows what is best for the world and, if not for his upbringing, could have very well become one of its greatest heroes. He is one of the world's greatest minds, rivaling the likes of Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark, Black Panther, etc.. He rescued his country from poverty, building it up to being one of the most powerful countries in the world despite it's small size. He has proven himself against pretty every major Marvel hero and throughout his history remains one of Marvel greatest villains of all time and should never be taken lightly.

Are you happy with yourself? You made me go over budget and buy Books of Doom. You, sir, owe me some money. I'll tell you how much depending on how much I like the story ;)

Also, this user opens a thread for every popular character that he doesn't like... which is kind of weird.

iNeedaHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he killed a lion......with his bear hands......

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you want to see just how badass Dr. Doom is, i'd suggest Triumph and Torment graphic novel.

When you can manipulate The Vishanti, Doctor Strange and Mephisto at the tip of your finger tips, what else can you be termed as ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.