Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

WTH!?! PRANKSTER IN ARKHAM WAR? AM I MISTAKEN?

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperJedi17

http://www.dccomics.com/sites/default/files/comic-covers/2013/07/FEVIL_ARK_Cv1_5t8rjihg18_.jpg

I swear you can see the prankster on the cover of Arkham war #1,he's behind the two court of owl people(not talons, the masterminds),it MUST be him,but ....he's supposed to be in Chicago,and be night wings villain,again I say....wtf?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Would it really surprise you if he was some how connected to Gotham?

Batman - Joker

Nightwing - Prankster

Seems like a clue but i htought that after i first heard Prankster's name. I know he is a different heroes villain from before the New 52 but it still seemed like to much of a coincidence. I dont think he will be attached to Joker but i do thing it is inevitable he is attached to Gotham. He probably followed Nightwing to Chicago.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looks like him. SMH, Dick just can't have his own toys I guess.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Never fails. Everytime Dick leaves Gotham and just owns it in his book, the shadow of the bat comes creeping right back. The last time was with Batman RIP. Can't believe even Prankster got pulled into the batcrossover riptide. Next thing you know he'll show up on Beware The Batman. :nonono:

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cant they ever just let Nightwing have his own villain that has no connection to Batman? Dc just don't wanna stop adding Batman to every equation that assosiates with Batman. He already lost Deathstroke to the Outlaws.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SuperJedi17

@jayaaerow: Honestly,DC,what're you thinking? K Higgins been wanting to make some story points(maybe he said history,or lore,can't remember)where dicks past as Robin,isn't such an overshadowing deal,but every time they bring bats in,there it is,his old mentor,where he got his start as robin,ugh....DC.....let dick have nice things,please?

@SmoothJammin,wow, i started with N52(as I've already mentioned) but this....is ridiculous,he's become his own hero Identity,give him his own villains DC,and maybe from time to time(but VERY rarely) maybe have him clash with a bat villain,two face?yes,riddler?maybe,penguin?could work,joker? Only if his face is put back on,and a myriad of other villains like.....Deathstroke,James Jr.(black mirror...damn you Barbara), etc.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tony Zucco alone knows the Prankster. Tony Zucco is from Gotham and is wanted for crimes in Gotham. The same is probably true of the Prankster. Nightwing's new villian's residence being Arkham Asylum is rather disappointing but if Higgins was just gonna tie Prankster nto the Zucco story then I don't care.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

Most likely, Prankster will be sent to Arkham after Nightwing defeats him in October because Chicago will likely not have a place to house super-criminals since the anti-mask laws are in place. That being said, I wish they'd just let Nightwing build his villains roster in peace without handing over every single Dick Grayson villain that works to Batman i.e. Professor Pyg, Mr Toad, James Jr. ( Batgirl took that from him but still, could have been the Joker to Dick, such perfect opposites), Prankster and apparently William Cobb (you can argue he doesn't count since he fought Batman first) based on the Arkham War cover.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@superjedi17:

I'm pretty sure the reason why DC doesn't want Nightwing to be his own hero is because he's a character who can literally outshine DC's Flagship heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. He's shown the capability to do that. Didn't he some time ago was a top-selling book above Batman and Superman at one point? Or something along the lines of that? He's always had a strong fanbase, too. Strong enough to tell Dan Didio "Heck No" to him dying back in the Infinity Crisis.

However, DC doesn't like the notion of him surpassing his mentor in popularity, skill, etc. So much so that they he's the most hurt Robin in terms of changes to him. Even worse then Damian, who died. Like I pointed out in a earlier fourm page: He has no actual known friends, no titans history, and is pushed to background. So much so they even seem to want to promote Jason Todd more, despite the fact DC held a vote for him to die decades ago. Now they have him get his friends he could of still had and was the one let in charge of Batman Inc.? When Nightwing was second to even Superman in being a leader before the reboot.

It's very ridiculous. Because he has such a strong fanbase and popularity. And it's a waste of our money to sit down and want to read about this character, only to find out he's background, subject from mediocre to decent writing until the Chicago Arc, and is utterly disrespected. And he's been around just about as long as batman with a one year difference. By now, he should have his own nemisis that no one can touch. Doesn't even have his own rogue gallery. Every hero has their own rogue gallery. If not, at least a nemisis. And how many fans have pushed that? Only when he has his own series in Bludhaven did we finally get that. But then it gets blown up. And his villain he had left gets handed to others(Lady Vic). He can't even have his own evil great-grandfather as his villain. You can argue he was more of Batman's villain then Nightwing. The only villains he got untouched by Batman is Saiko and Paragon and they just suck. One died and another never made an appearance. Then you have Prankster, who actually seems interesting and then they gonna have him in something that's more Batman oriented. Heck, I wish for villains month, they had Nightwing's book replaced by Prankster. He has no villain of his own to the point he's the only hero I know that's popular but doesn't have his own villain to take over his book like the others.

Problem is DC themselves, I say. They just can't let him have nice things cause giving him one nice thing will lead to another. He can't have a lot of good showings in his book, get his own villains, have a non-dead supporting cast, be in a actual team book, be a leader of anything like he was, etc. They always have to make him out to be a second rate wannabe trying to be like Batman. His whole story as Nightwing is to get away from that. No problem discussing Batgirl getting her own rogue gallery and making her walk again, or Red Hood having friends and having better relations with the Batfamily. But can't give Nightwing a shred of something good without later coming back to screw it up in some fashion, shape, or form.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Never fails. Everytime Dick leaves Gotham and just owns it in his book, the shadow of the bat comes creeping right back. The last time was with Batman RIP. Can't believe even Prankster got pulled into the batcrossover riptide. Next thing you know he'll show up on Beware The Batman.

Exactly, and it's bad enough as it is with Bruce's events intruding on what's going on in Dick's life. Dick fights Saiko and gains ownership of the circus, it's tied into the Night of Owls event. He wants to revamp Amusement Mile, Joker blows it up as a part of Death of the Family. Saiko also died due to the Court of Owls event. Now, Prankster, the very next villain that Dick gains as part of a potential Rogue's roster, and one that the fans love, gets tied back to Gotham as a part of Batman's next event. What a surprise.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Never fails. Everytime Dick leaves Gotham and just owns it in his book, the shadow of the bat comes creeping right back. The last time was with Batman RIP. Can't believe even Prankster got pulled into the batcrossover riptide. Next thing you know he'll show up on Beware The Batman.

Exactly, and it's bad enough as it is with Bruce's events intruding on what's going on in Dick's life. Dick fights Saiko and gains ownership of the circus, it's tied into the Night of Owls event. He wants to revamp Amusement Mile, Joker blows it up as a part of Death of the Family. Saiko also died due to the Court of Owls event. Now, Prankster, the very next villain that Dick gains as part of a potential Rogue's roster, and one that the fans love, gets tied back to Gotham as a part of Batman's next event. What a surprise.

I guess we have our answer now. Prankster learns his identity when Dick is broadcast on national television. He'll follow Dick's trail to Gotham and raise hell :l

I suppose we'll have to get used to these situations from here on out. If Joker tearing apart amusement mile wasn't bad enough, now we have the Crime Syndicate effectively endangering the lives of everyone he knows. When the dust clears and our heroes come back home triumphant, Dick's life will still have been ruined forever. How many enemies will monitor his social life? He'll have a harder time looking for work than George Zimmerman. This sucks hard.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what i'm wondering. Where exactly does DC expect him to go after all of this is over? Because unless they wipe a lot of minds people are going to know his identity forever.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nathaniel_christopher said:
    @smoothjammin said:

I guess we have our answer now. Prankster learns his identity when Dick is broadcast on national television. He'll follow Dick's trail to Gotham and raise hell :l

I suppose we'll have to get used to these situations from here on out. If Joker tearing apart amusement mile wasn't bad enough, now we have the Crime Syndicate effectively endangering the lives of everyone he knows. When the dust clears and our heroes come back home triumphant, Dick's life will still have been ruined forever. How many enemies will monitor his social life? He'll have a harder time looking for work than George Zimmerman. This sucks hard.

He's in the crowd in FE and not looking so good. This is after he is captured for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.