"With me, it's all in the timing."

  • 123 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for smoothjammin
#1 Posted by SmoothJammin (2595 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we place a spotlight on Dick's phenomenal ability to improvise and anticipate, the way he can instantly swoop in and turn the tide in battle or rescue an ally in dire straights. This isn't Dick planning so much as it is him trusting his gut and letting things fall naturally in place. Lets's commemorate a true chessmaster.. and take a look back at some of Nightwing's greatest moments.

/respect thread.

Avatar image for smoothjammin
#2 Posted by SmoothJammin (2595 posts) - - Show Bio

This one's from Batman. He comes through for Bruce after Batman's exhausted himself fighting off the Black Glove

Avatar image for revamp
#3 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that fight. I was hoping he'd get more spotlight.

Avatar image for kidchipotle
#4 Posted by kidchipotle (15197 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is honestly one of the best superheros. He is an all around hero.

Avatar image for jrock85
#5 Posted by jrock85 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce trained him well.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#6 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Being complimented by the Batman O.o

That's probably the highest honor that Dick will ever get in the D.C universe.

Avatar image for saren
#7 Posted by Saren (27532 posts) - - Show Bio
2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

Avatar image for raineffect
#8 Posted by RainEffect (3376 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane
 
Parenting. Batman Style.
Avatar image for smoothjammin
#9 Edited by SmoothJammin (2595 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys remember when Tim had that encounter with Raas in Red Robin #12? Raas beat him within an inch of his life and sent him crashing through the window several stories high. When out of nowhere Dick swings by and catches him in mid-air..

BroSave

Tim knew he could always count on Dick to be there for him.

Avatar image for raineffect
#10 Posted by RainEffect (3376 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmoothJammin: Wouldn't say within an inch of his life. Tim actually planned for Dick being there, even though he never mentioned any of it to Dick. He just had his shoulder dislocated, a couple of sword slashes across his chest and kicked through a reinforced glass window.
 
Still - BROSAVE
Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#11 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
#12 Posted by notquitevarsity (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Everytime Batman "gets all mushy" with Nightwing it gives me chills

I think one of his greatest moments was in Infinite Crisis with Superboy. He was so inspiring.

Plus Dick is my favorite Batman.

Avatar image for saren
#13 Posted by Saren (27532 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Bruce was put through hell by the Court, he crawled back to the Batcave, Dick yelled at him, so he snapped and went all "DONT QUESTION ME BOY" on him.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#14 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Bruce was put through hell by the Court, he crawled back to the Batcave, Dick yelled at him, so he snapped and went all "DONT QUESTION ME BOY" on him.

Hmmmm I'm not sure I like this turn of event. This might turn out as controversial as when Green Arrow found out that Roy was a drug addict. Was it ever explained as to why Dick decided to change his costume? Or was that just artist preference?

Avatar image for smoothjammin
#15 Edited by SmoothJammin (2595 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@SmoothJammin: Wouldn't say within an inch of his life. Tim actually planned for Dick being there, even though he never mentioned any of it to Dick. He just had his shoulder dislocated, a couple of sword slashes across his chest and kicked through a reinforced glass window.

Still - BROSAVE

He was stalling so Lucious could finish the paperwork to declare him the new CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Even so--He planned on Dick being there because he was his brother and he knew he'd always come through for him, irregardless Dick was acting on intuition and caught him in the nick of time.

Batman and Robin #9 By Grant Morrison

Dick arrived from a transatlantic crossing to catch Damian who was flung off a building top by a batman clone.

See where I'm getting at here?

Avatar image for smoothjammin
#16 Edited by SmoothJammin (2595 posts) - - Show Bio

The train sequence. Nightwing enters moments before it passes into the tunnel without flaw

-------------------------------------

THIS INSTANCE

WTF

Avatar image for revamp
#17 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Bruce was put through hell by the Court, he crawled back to the Batcave, Dick yelled at him, so he snapped and went all "DONT QUESTION ME BOY" on him.

Hmmmm I'm not sure I like this turn of event. This might turn out as controversial as when Green Arrow found out that Roy was a drug addict. Was it ever explained as to why Dick decided to change his costume? Or was that just artist preference?

That's none of what actually happened, Baney just liked to piss me off. LOL. He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at. Not to mention it was mentioned earlier in the ish that Bruce wasn't in his right mind.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#18 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Bruce was put through hell by the Court, he crawled back to the Batcave, Dick yelled at him, so he snapped and went all "DONT QUESTION ME BOY" on him.

Hmmmm I'm not sure I like this turn of event. This might turn out as controversial as when Green Arrow found out that Roy was a drug addict. Was it ever explained as to why Dick decided to change his costume? Or was that just artist preference?

That's none of what actually happened, Baney just liked to piss me off. LOL. He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at. Not to mention it was mentioned earlier in the ish that Bruce wasn't in his right mind.

Um... guys, I think Bruce hit him so the tooth thing would come out. Not because he was pissed.

Avatar image for revamp
#19 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Which is what I said, except I was trying not to spoil it.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123: Which is what I said, except I was trying not to spoil it.

Oh please. Without the context of the story, no one has any idea what I'm talking about. :P

Avatar image for revamp
#21 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Avatar image for innervenom123
#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Avatar image for revamp
#23 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

Avatar image for revamp
#25 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

I wouldn't laugh at you if you admit I was right.

...Totally.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

I wouldn't laugh at you if you admit I was right.

...Totally.

I never said you weren't right.

... Exactly.

Avatar image for revamp
#27 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

I wouldn't laugh at you if you admit I was right.

...Totally.

I never said you weren't right.

... Exactly.

Never said you said I wasn't.

But hearing you say it would be fun.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

I wouldn't laugh at you if you admit I was right.

...Totally.

I never said you weren't right.

... Exactly.

Never said you said I wasn't.

But hearing you say it would be fun.

Too bad I never will.

We really are a bickering old married couple, aren't we?

Oh wait, that's right. You got the divorce.

Avatar image for revamp
#29 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123:

He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at.

^

Well clearly I missed that.

Clearly.

...

Yeah.

I wouldn't laugh at you if you admit I was right.

...Totally.

I never said you weren't right.

... Exactly.

Never said you said I wasn't.

But hearing you say it would be fun.

Too bad I never will.

We really are a bickering old married couple, aren't we?

Oh wait, that's right. You got the divorce.

You're jelly of my righteousness.

No, we're like a bickering divorced couple fighting over child custody.

You signed it, biatch.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

You're jelly of my righteousness.

No, we're like a bickering divorced couple fighting over child custody.

You signed it, biatch.

Never.

No.

And no I did not.

Avatar image for revamp
#31 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

You're jelly of my righteousness.

No, we're like a bickering divorced couple fighting over child custody.

You signed it, biatch.

Never.

No.

And no I did not.

If you say so.

Kinda.

I got the papers, you signed them.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#32 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

Avatar image for revamp
#33 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

Avatar image for innervenom123
#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

Avatar image for revamp
#35 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Avatar image for revamp
#37 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Beyond "I hate you".

Avatar image for innervenom123
#38 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Beyond "I hate you".

Sure you do.

Avatar image for revamp
#39 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Beyond "I hate you".

Sure you do.

Have no doubt.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Beyond "I hate you".

Sure you do.

Have no doubt.

Suuuuure.

Avatar image for revamp
#41 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

I got the papers, you signed them.

You are so lying.

OMG. I'm not. You were like "B*tch please, I don't need this *signs the papers and leaves*

LIAR.

I hate you beyond words.

Besides "I hate you", right?

Beyond "I hate you".

Sure you do.

Have no doubt.

Suuuuure.

Be sure.

Avatar image for degraaf
#42 Posted by DEGRAAF (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

2256731-batman_07_016.jpg
2256732-batman_07_017.jpg

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@CitizenBane said:

Perhaps it would have been better planning to let Bruce sleep for a few days before yelling at him.

What exactly happened here? I'm not up to date with the new 52 Batman series, and I don't read Nightwing.

Bruce was put through hell by the Court, he crawled back to the Batcave, Dick yelled at him, so he snapped and went all "DONT QUESTION ME BOY" on him.

Hmmmm I'm not sure I like this turn of event. This might turn out as controversial as when Green Arrow found out that Roy was a drug addict. Was it ever explained as to why Dick decided to change his costume? Or was that just artist preference?

That's none of what actually happened, Baney just liked to piss me off. LOL. He had a good enough reason to punch him, it wasn't just because he was being yelled at. Not to mention it was mentioned earlier in the ish that Bruce wasn't in his right mind.

Um... guys, I think Bruce hit him so the tooth thing would come out. Not because he was pissed.

What tooth thing?

Avatar image for revamp
#43 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Read it.

DON'T SPOIL IT TO HIM. I'LL KEEL YOU. =P

Avatar image for innervenom123
#44 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I won't.

:P

Avatar image for revamp
#45 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Good.

Avatar image for degraaf
#46 Posted by DEGRAAF (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @InnerVenom123:

SPOILERS COME ONE COME ALL SEND AS MANY AS YOU"VE GOT

Avatar image for revamp
#47 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@ReVamp: @InnerVenom123:

SPOILERS COME ONE COME ALL SEND AS MANY AS YOU"VE GOT

Remember Ivy, I'll keel you.

Avatar image for degraaf
#48 Posted by DEGRAAF (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @InnerVenom123:

venom Re-Vamps Icon might be bad ass but whats he gonna do? Any little detail would be of great help

Avatar image for revamp
#49 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: LOL. To be honest, I'd even tell you myself, but I think its really worth the read yourself.

Avatar image for degraaf
#50 Posted by DEGRAAF (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: well hopefully i will get them and read them on my lunch

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.