Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Who would be a good love interest for Dick in a possible future?

• 63 results
    AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who would be a good love interest for Dick in a possible future? (60 votes)

Barbara Gordon 45%
    Starfire 23%
    Raven 8%
    Donna Troy 8%
    Cheyenne Freemont 2%
    Raya(if brought back) 5%
    Sonia Zucco 15%
    Helena Bertellini(Huntress) 8%
    Power Girl 12%
    Kara Zor-El/Supergirl 18%
    Zatanna Zatara (from Earth 16) 13%
    Liu 2%
    Other 18%

Hey guys! I recently did a thread for Dick and Kori but I wanna make this one I want to see who people think he could have a good romance with. I love Dick and Kori they are my OTP, but I do like him with other people too. I love him and his crazy romances. So the choices don't have to depend on who they are or we're pre new 52 or post or whatever they're currently doing. Just what you believe. Dick is not ready for any romances at tthe current moment he's in but this is just to see who people think he could work well with in a possible future. It can be or not the regular Babs and Kori debate, whatever. And for the choices remember, in comics, anything can happen! So thoughts?

• 
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starfire would be the worst option for him. They just don't work together and their relationship is over. Putting them back together would be retreading old ground. I mean there was a reason they skipped over their relationship when they rebooted. It's done, and they are on bad terms anyway. She is much closer to Roy and Jason now. I mean Dick never went with her into space or dealt with her homeworld and family problems. He might not even know about them. That was Jason and Roy now. It's pretty evident that they are setting things up for her to be with Jason down the line once she is finished with Roy and at most they will just have her and Dick be friends once they make up.

They will probably have him hook up with Babs eventually, since unlike Starfire they erased his previous relationship with Babs so they could retell it, and I am fine with the two eventually ending up together but I'd like to see him with someone new. Kara, Power Girl or Zatanna would be my top choices. Would be nice to see him with a hero again instead of these throwaway characters in his solo we've been getting. I think Kara is 18 in this reboot and with Dick only being 21 I think their ages are fine. Though Power Girl is the same age as Dick, she came to Earth 1 at the age of 16 five years ago I believe, so I'd be open to that as well. I just think it would be nice to see him with a more outgoing hero who he could actually have some fun with for a change. Given how shit his life has been since the reboot he deserves some fun and I think they could tell some interesting stories with any of them. Plus he gets to interact with a well known hero not connected to the Bat-family for a change. Also I'd imagine his eventual relationship with Babs will cause a lot of drama, so I wouldn't mind if they held off on that for a while.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok whatever you say DC. Batgirl is just another repackaged n52 product manufactured by your diabolical hypemachine and scripted to become Dick's soul mate all along b/c, Oracle never retained use of her legs which deemed her uncool and ruined the unique chemistry and compelling stories they both shared. Yup.. executive meddling is the law of the land and we thank you for forcing this upon us. Dick totally doesn't have his own gig in Chicago right now so lets remove some of the distance between him and Gotham because it's just what his character needs. Flawless logic.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Babs. Always Babs!

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Donna existed in the new 52 . I've always wanted to see them get together, they're effect for each other IMO they've a,ways been there for each other, best friends, and it was always hinted at more.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really want him and Donna to be best friends rather than lovers. But I totally ship him with Zatanna [older woman?] and Barbara. They've always been my top two for him.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
    Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Starfire

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Denam_Pavel

@munsu said:

Starfire would be the worst option for him. They just don't work together and their relationship is over. Putting them back together would be retreading old ground. I mean there was a reason they skipped over their relationship when they rebooted. It's done, and they are on bad terms anyway. She is much closer to Roy and Jason now. I mean Dick never went with her into space or dealt with her homeworld and family problems. He might not even know about them. That was Jason and Roy now. It's pretty evident that they are setting things up for her to be with Jason down the line once she is finished with Roy and at most they will just have her and Dick be friends once they make up.

They will probably have him hook up with Babs eventually, since unlike Starfire they erased his previous relationship with Babs so they could retell it, and I am fine with the two eventually ending up together but I'd like to see him with someone new. Kara, Power Girl or Zatanna would be my top choices. Would be nice to see him with a hero again instead of these throwaway characters in his solo we've been getting. I think Kara is 18 in this reboot and with Dick only being 21 I think their ages are fine. Though Power Girl is the same age as Dick, she came to Earth 1 at the age of 16 five years ago I believe, so I'd be open to that as well. I just think it would be nice to see him with a more outgoing hero who he could actually have some fun with for a change. Given how shit his life has been since the reboot he deserves some fun and I think they could tell some interesting stories with any of them. Plus he gets to interact with a well known hero not connected to the Bat-family for a change. Also I'd imagine his eventual relationship with Babs will cause a lot of drama, so I wouldn't mind if they held off on that for a while.

Powergirl, Supergirl and Zatanna wouldn't work for the same reason they axed his relationship with Starfire: They're way too powerful too stay in Gotham where Nightwings character will always return too. They could be quick wham-bam-thank-you-m'ams but there's no future there.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powergirl, Supergirl and Zatanna wouldn't work for the same reason they axed his relationship with Starfire: They're way too powerful too stay in Gotham where Nightwings character will always return too. They could be quick wham-bam-thank-you-m'ams but there's no future there.

Eh, I didn't say he would marry any of those three. Just a light, fun relationship with one them would help his character. He hasn't had that in so long. His last relationship ended up with her betraying him then getting killed by the Joker. Dark stuff. Him with someone like Zatanna or PG who isn't so self loathing, or dark, would be nice to see. If he happens to get put in a team book with any one of them I wouldn't mind seeing a relationship like that for a while in that setting.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Donna existed in the new 52 . I've always wanted to see them get together, they're effect for each other IMO they've a,ways been there for each other, best friends, and it was always hinted at more.

Exactly. You hit the nail right on the head. I made a post a long time ago (Wish I could find it) that basically outlined how Dick and Donna were basically soul mates and had always been written as such. They (Pre-Flashpoint anyways when Donna existed) know everything about each other and trust each other completely.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AColombia

@nathaniel_christopher: I think Ive seen your thread on them actually! And while my favorite couple is Dick and Kori and I like him with Babs, I've always wanted his relationship with Donna to be explored. I mean there have always been hints at being more like once in NTT Dick stated he could have easily fallen in love with her, and Donna during her return claimed her platonic love for him that who wouldn't fall for that smile. There had been an idea of them hooking up but never went anywhere. If the DCU ever goes back pre flashpoint or Donna ever comes back I'd love them to get together for a bit. He didn't work with Kori or Babs. Maybe a new direction with a woman who knows and loves him just as much as they did.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: I think Ive seen your thread on them actually! And while my favorite couple is Dick and Kori and I like him with Babs, I've always wanted his relationship with Donna to be explored. I mean there have always been hints at being more like once in NTT Dick stated he could have easily fallen in love with her, and Donna during her return claimed her platonic love for him that who wouldn't fall for that smile. There had been an idea of them hooking up but never went anywhere. If the DCU ever goes back pre flashpoint or Donna ever comes back I'd love them to get together for a bit. He didn't work with Kori or Babs. Maybe a new direction with a woman who knows and loves him just as much as they did.

Exactly. Though they've never been together, I don't think it can be denied that Donna has been just as important to Dick's character as either Barbara or Kori.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think Wolfman originally planned for the two to get together way back in his run. Things just didn't work out that way, but yeah, Donna would have been great for him.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@munsu: @nathaniel_christopher: if anything more important she helped him through the break up with Kori, in the JLA when he took on the cowl, and he knew her before Kori and was close to her before Babs even noticed him.

And agreed she's good for him since in old DCU he didn't work out with Babs or Kori so why not a fresh start with someone he's always loved and knows him just as much as they do?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.