Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9481 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

who will be the Earth 2 Batman?

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who will be the Earth 2 Batman? (27 votes)

Dick Grayson 44%
    Tim Drake 0%
    Jason Todd 4%
    Damian Wayne 15%
    Bruce Wayne jr 4%
    Alfred (lol) 11%
    other 22%

do you think that the death of Damian will effect the outcome of who the new Earth 2 Batman? every logical bone in my body says it will be Dick because he is established in Earth 2 previously. however DC has already stolen so many things from Dick and this could just be one more. it could be Damian because alot of people like him and its a way to hold onto the character with him being dead but who knows. I really want it to be Dick but if the rumors are true that he is gonna be in the re-launch of JLI. They might give Earth 2 to another Bat family character. I would love to see Dick in Nightwing, JLI and Earth 2 but who knows DC has been screwing Dick over alot in the new 52 but Dick has also gained popularity in Teen Titans (animated) YJ, Gods Among Us, etc

• 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm hoping it's Grayson and given the revamping of the Golden Age characters, I think he's the most likely candidate. Haven't been following interviews/questions etc, so I'm not sure what Robinson's said.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm confused. Earth-2. It was just Batman and Helena Wayne right? There is no new Batman because Helena is Huntress. Right? What am I missing?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there even a Damian in E-2?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

I'm confused. Earth-2. It was just Batman and Helena Wayne right? There is no new Batman because Helena is Huntress. Right? What am I missing?

A new Batman will be introduced in the Earth 2 annual.

No Caption Provided

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Huh. That's really odd. I can't think of anyone that makes sense. Although, do we have a new52 Azrael yet? I could see something like that.

CrimsonSquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Can't be Grayson, James Robinson has said that they can't use any Earth 1 characters in Earth 2.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Can't be Grayson, James Robinson has said that they can't use any Earth 1 characters in Earth 2.

Then it can't be Jason, Tim, Alfred or Damien, either.

Earth 1 is not the same as the New 52 Universe by the way.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dislike the character design for the Earth-2 Batman. I mean, I know he's largely enshrouded in shadows and everything in that art, but I don't like the colour choices, and I'm really not a fan of the way the shirt is open. A little too Fabio for me.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

It's a Batman dawning Black and Red so part of me THINKS it could be Terry but they've been doing Batman Beyond so that makes me think otherwise. I wonder who it could be. I hope it's someone we know and not some random new guy, like they did with Dr. Fate.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RitchieB

@john_valentine:

the rule about existing in both earth 1 and 2 may or may not be true. it would not be the first time DC has misdirected their fans and Hawkgirl was supposed to be only on earth 2 since hawkman was on earth 1 but she has been recently introduced into earth 1. so it would not be impossible for some1 on earth 1 to be on earth 2 especially since Dick Grayson existed on both earths previously and was huge part of it

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be Dick, they don't want same characters in both worlds. I hope its Damian though.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@ritchieb said:

@john_valentine:

the rule about existing in both earth 1 and 2 may or may not be true. it would not be the first time DC has misdirected their fans and Hawkgirl was supposed to be only on earth 2 since hawkman was on earth 1 but she has been recently introduced into earth 1. so it would not be impossible for some1 on earth 1 to be on earth 2 especially since Dick Grayson existed on both earths previously and was huge part of it

no she wasnt. Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman are different characters.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ritchieb said:

@john_valentine:

That is true bit the rule is no longer in effect. I forget where but Robinson said they changed their mind. Red Tornado who is in both universes will be joined by a group of Red. Like Red Arrow. I rather they didn't have Batman or any other character that is on the other Earth on Earth 2

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@ritchieb said:

@john_valentine:

That is true bit the rule is no longer in effect. I forget where but Robinson said they changed their mind. Red Tornado who is in both universes will be joined by a group of Red. Like Red Arrow. I rather they didn't have Batman or any other character that is on the other Earth on Earth 2

the Red Tornado is more modeled off of the female version with elements of the John Smith version. the identity of Earth-2 red arrow hasnt been confirmed but only teased as "Roy Mcqueen"

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@ritchieb said:

@john_valentine:

the Red Tornado is more modeled off of the female version with elements of the John Smith version. the identity of Earth-2 red arrow hasnt been confirmed but only teased as "Roy Mcqueen"

I wasn't using those as examples of characters that are in both universes. Just rambling off news that was in my head. Though reading my post I can see why you think so.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@ritchieb said:

@john_valentine:

I wasn't using those as examples of characters that are in both universes. Just rambling off news that was in my head. Though reading my post I can see why you think so.

gotcha, sorry if i got a little overzealous or anything. personally im hoping its someone like Ralph Dibny Or Thomas Blake

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lamenoire

I would say terry mcginnis or Jean-Paul Valley

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe it will be earth 2 barbara gordon with a sex change ?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say terry mcginnis or Jean-Paul Valley

Most likely.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just based on former continuity I still think that Dick Grayson has the best shot. Helena has yet to mention any siblings, and Talia was never really shown to exist in Earth-2, so i'd be extremely surprised (Though not totally unhappy) to see either Bruce Jr. or Damian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.