Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9486 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Titans Hunt: Return of NIghtwing

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Not sure if people are paying attention to Titans Hunt, but Grayson decided to don the Nightwing mantle again.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's a temporary thing though, not a "Nightwing is back!"

But I think it's going to be a step closer to the end goal

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind Haven't been following the series at all. Is it any good?

Know the outfit isn't canon (Or at least hasn't been shown to be) in the New 52, but man that panel would be ten times better were he wearing the good old fashioned black and blue Nightwing outfit.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@hushofthewind Haven't been following the series at all. Is it any good?

Know the outfit isn't canon (Or at least hasn't been shown to be) in the New 52, but man that panel would be ten times better were he wearing the good old fashioned black and blue Nightwing outfit.

Titan's Hunt is one of those series that reads better in trades because the pacing of the book is really slow and for a monthly title that's really annoying. I get that's what the writer Dan Abnett is trying to do, setting up the mystery and then slowly uncovering parts to the truth but each issue of Titan's Hunt has left me wanting more. The art is pretty solid and improving with every issue. The characterizations are pretty raw, especially Garth. Overall, I would recommend waiting until trades.

In terms of my thoughts on the Nightwing reveal, it didn't make much sense. Basically, Dick is trying to draw out Mr. Twister (bait something at least) by putting on a mask so he runs to the bat-cave to get the Nightwing costume. But in the vision Dick had earlier where he led the Titans...he was dressed as Robin with no mention of Nightwing. So wouldn't it make more sense to wear the Robin costume since that's what Dick wore when he allegedly led the team? If that distinction didn't matter, why wouldn't he just view his Hypnos as doing the same thing as a mask? Not to mention, Titan's Hunt seems to be about reuniting the classic Teen Titans, not Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans, and Dick was Robin in those stories. I get that this is fanservice and I understand that DC is putting story over continuity but in the context of Titan's Hunt the change to Nightwing made no sense.

But for one story he's Nightwing so.....cool...I guess?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if Lobdell is taking over this series or just filling in for Abnett for a couple issues?

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if Lobdell is taking over this series or just filling in for Abnett for a couple issues?

It was a misprint. Abnett confirmed he's still writing it.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmoothJammin

@rurgandy said:
    @smoothjammin said:

It was a misprint. Abnett confirmed he's still writing it.

What a relief. Happy to see a writer acknowledge Titans first unofficial team up from Brave and the Bold #54. If it means the return of Nightwing, more power to Abnett. I'll be keeping up for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.