Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9431 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Prankster Impressions

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you guys think so far? I liked their first encounter, and I definitely can't wait to see how the next issue plays out.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Was pretty interesting,personally,i liked brett booth's art,and Nightwings suit redesign(if only it was blue,and has the bird symbol on the chest),i think i know the pranksters identity too.Didn't see that coming.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that Prankster character so far. The preview of the comics make the Prankster an interesting character as well

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

I bet the Prankster is that girl he meets who nearly beats him to death in his newly rented apartment.

Beyond that, I like this Prankster. It's taste in ironic punishment appeals to me.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jonsmith said:

I bet the Prankster is that girl he meets who nearly beats him to death in his newly rented apartment.

Beyond that, I like this Prankster. It's taste in ironic punishment appeals to me.

He is a girl?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a girl?

Certainly has a slender build. With some restraints to flatten out, sure.

Having reread the comic and compared the two, seems more unlikely, but I'm keeping the possibility open.

It'd make a helluva twist.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By fury714

Still reserved on my thoughts for him. A couple more issues to flesh him out. But of course, props because he's trying to take on Nightwing. :D

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilcraig92

Joey is the same girl who was at the bar, I think she goin to become a superhero or something.

I actually think she is the same girl from Nightwing profile pic that Brett Booth drew.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Not interested in the guy.Their first encounter was mediocre and I definitely was bored and the so called ''cliffhnager'' in the end was really poorly made.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alak

@lilcraig92 said:

Joey is the same girl who was at the bar

Maybe it's because Booth tends to draw characters too similar to one another, but I'm pretty sure Joey isn't the girl from the bar. The latter clearly had mental issues and constantly talked to her other personality in every dialogue bubble. Joey so far has been shown to be quirky at most.

As for Joey being the Prankster, that was also the first guess that came to mind. There are similarities such as their hair style, hair color, slim build (Joey isn't exactly busty), and technological prowess. The only thing that keeps me from believing it entirely is the voice. Whenever I read comics, I tend to associate a specific voice to a character based on how I think they would sound. It's my own problem but I just couldn't believe that Joey could disguise her voice when there's been no implication of a voice modulator.

***EDIT***

Actually, on page 6 of this week's issue, Joey seems to show some irritation towards the Prankster because he's getting a lot of attention. So maybe that's proof(ish) that she's not the Prankster? o_O

***EDIT #2***

Joey has green eyes and the Prankster has blue eyes.

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: I think the Joey had contacts on and probably was undercover till nightwing or johnny spade blow her cover because she was suppose to be gone for 2 months or something. Plus her hair a lil bit longer

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilcraig92

*Blew her cover

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me, or did anyone else think "I bet it'll be ___ amount of issues before he gets with her" when Dick found Joey in his bedroom?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

Is it just me, or did anyone else think "I bet it'll be ___ amount of issues before he gets with her" when Dick found Joey in his bedroom?

Nope, I thought it to. And was also waiting for the comment she'd inevitably make about how she finds Dick attractive.

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alak said:

Count me in. I was waiting for her to mention something when it looked like he was walking around in his boxer briefs.

Honestly, when I heard months ago that the Prankster was going to be in this book, I was really dreading it. After 2 issues I'm very impressed with what this creative team has done with the character, giving Prankster a new age feel. It really goes to show how much this creative team can do when they have some space and freedom.

Now can we just get rid of the Bat symbol on the Nightwing cover! Kyle Higgins and company make so much progress to get Nightwing out of Gotham, and there is the Bat symbol on the front of his book?!? I bet Brett Booth could come up with a really impressive Nightwing cover logo if the powers would let him.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alak

@alak said:

Now can we just get rid of the Bat symbol on the Nightwing cover! Kyle Higgins and company make so much progress to get Nightwing out of Gotham, and there is the Bat symbol on the front of his book?!? I bet Brett Booth could come up with a really impressive Nightwing cover logo if the powers would let him.

Huh... until now, I never noticed that there was a bat-symbol on the cover. Great, now I can't un-see it. It needs to go away!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

He is actually a she

At least that's my prediction. Seemed kinda obvious.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that she is gonna end up to be Dick's Catwoman. Let it be revealed that she is a woman and without a doubt DC will add a boob window (lol powergirl) and it will be a Batman/Catwoman type of relationship. If you look at the previews it looks like a back and forth relationship similar to Cats and Bats

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I love the Current Prankster !

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prankster and Joey (Dick's new roommate) and Mali (the girl from the bar who talks like Gollum) are all completely separate characters. The visual similarities (hair, build) are coincidence.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmoothJammin

Boy Brett's booth art is certainly something. I can't tell whether he's spinning me or if I'm actually being led to believe these people all share the same dimensions lol.

Lisa has split personality disorder(or something like it), who's to say she doesn't have access to a few different personas. Might Joey exist as simply an alter ego? Or vice versa...

Perhaps it's Wonder Girl ;P

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin:

yea i can see the multiple personality thing that coming into play.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the idea of Prankster being Dick's new roommate, you have to admit he does look more than a little feminine at times, but that seems to fade in and out.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might also explain why she's been out of the picture for the most part, unless it's another red herring. Like how everyone thought Billy was the new Gold ranger because everytime he'd ditch the team meetings for an 'emergency' they'd encounter the sixth ranger on the battle field shortly after. Just saiyan.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might also explain why she's been out of the picture for the most part, unless it's another red herring. Like how everyone thought Billy was the new Gold ranger because everytime he'd ditch the team meetings for an 'emergency' they'd encounter the sixth ranger on the battle field shortly after. Just saiyan.

HA! Yeah. "Just saiyan" you've got dbz on the mind friend ;).

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good point. It could go either way, be some type of shape-shifting thing, or just some artistic choice to throw us all of.

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pranskter tech is just like Grayson from young justice

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quite like the Prankster, I think she (no way is it a dude) could very well end up being a Catwoman type character for Dick in terms of their relationship. Certainly from what I've gathered the Prankster isn't really an evil character, in a way the character is dispensing a form of justice but not in the manner Bruce or Dick would have us believe is 'right' (personally see no problem with leaving a guy who trades pictures of children to be eaten by a wolf). I'm just hoping at this point that the Prankster doesn't get killed off like every other new character introduced in the Nightwing series so far.

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prankster is for sure a dude (he just has long hair).

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missj said:

Why do you say that?

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MissJ

@superjedi17 said:

@missj said:

Why do you say that?

I asked :) There's no special secret about him being a dude -- the similarity in hair to Joey and Mali is truly a coincidence.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missj said:

@superjedi17 said:

@missj said:

Why do you say that?

I asked :) There's no special secret about him being a dude -- the similarity in hair to Joey and Mali is truly a coincidence.

maybe.but maybe not.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alak

So, looks like Prankster is a dude after all.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SuperJedi17

@alak said:

So, looks like Prankster is a dude after all.

Really? Well friday needs to get here so i can read this already.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmoothJammin

But the man wears heels.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin:

Maybe he's a really short guy with height insecurities lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.