Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Nightwing and _______?

• 71 results
    LordDanzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By LordDanzig

@Gambit1024: That would be interesting...

I like the idea of a Damian under the Red X mantle too

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SmoothJammin

Damian's recent heel turn in B&R; supports the theory of an antiheroic sidekick, like Red X or Bluejay is fine with me either way.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp

Damian as Red X? Interesting.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SmoothJammin

Obviously Bruce isn't cut out to be a father AND a hero. Dick applied less discipline and mentored Damian for a longer period yet never had a problem when it came to the no-kill rule. Not even Batman's legendary preptime could remedy those issues. Bruce you fail here.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By X9

Well, I was a big fan of the interaction between Damian and Dick by the time he replaced Bruce as Batman. In fact, I think it worked better than when the new Boy Wonder started to work with his father.

But still I don't see Damian becoming his sidekick any time soon. He needs to spend some time with Bruce and he's more like a Robin than a Red X right now.

If Dick and him work as partners again, though, I'd like so see Damian with another hero identity. One which fits him best :)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ReVamp

I thought the Light Batman / Dark Robin approach was doomed from the start, but I ended up being somewhat wrong.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SmoothJammin

Things were exciting with Bruce out of the picture.I bet Dick could've gone another few years under the cowl and still have been well recieved by readers.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

Things were exciting with Bruce out of the picture.I bet Dick could've gone another few years under the cowl and still have been well recieved by readers.

Meh.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SmoothJammin

@ReVamp: It worked for Kyle Rayner. What do you have against Dickbats era?? lol

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SmoothJammin

Damian Wayne, Red X

(Art by The Devilus on Deviant Art)

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By htb106

I agree with you for Red X, he'd fit Gotham nicely and Dick would be the one to make him a hero.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SmoothJammin

@htb106 said:

I agree with you for Red X, he'd fit Gotham nicely and Dick would be the one to make him a hero.

Can you imagine if he

a.)quit as Robin

b.) moved in with Dick and

c.) adopted the Red X suit?

I need a fan fic of this NAO

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By John Valentine

Always loved the Dick/Damian dynamic in Batman and Robin.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By z3ro180

It has to be Damien these two were awesome as batman and robin. The perfect big bro little bro team up :D

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SmoothJammin said:

For mine I'll think a little outside the box..

No Caption Provided

Nightwing! and........

No Caption Provided

..................Red X!!!

If you can pick up what I'm putting down, I think Dick Grayson is perfectly tailored for the role of Damian's mentor. He can hand Tim back the Robin mantle and form his own alias, establishing himself as Nightwing's new partner after feeling too corruptible under Batman's watch. To reflect his dark personality and almost knocking on both Red Robin and Red Hood, he becomes RED X

Sexy. What if circumstances forced Jason into the role against his will? I'm fond of Damian as "Red X", though.

RBchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By RBchaos

What about Roy Harper/Red Arrow?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SmoothJammin

@VampireSelektor: Jason is prone to dancing in the grayer areas vigilantism, his antiheroics match up nicely with Red X. Jason can play the part to a T, he basically owns that right as far as comics are concerned. I'm convinced the one we saw in Teen Titans was undoubtedly him. An adult Red X teaming with Nightwing in a miniseries actually captures my interest in a whole new way. It might even generate enough pop to spawn an ongoing title.

I wish DC could bring him to life in comics the same way we were introduced to Harley Quinn. Overall I'm enamored by the identity, and wish either Jason or Damian could lend themselves to it. I'm tired of watching Jason fall prey to whatever the flavor the month is. Is he Wingman now or Red Hood? Even Pre52 Red hood was a different animal altogether. If we trace his timeline back further, we catch glimpses of his Batman, Nightwing, Hush, etc.. I want to see this guy carve out his own identity for once. Put his raw talents on display opposite polished foil NW. Do ittt....

Red X>Red Hood, Red Robin, Redwing
    Red X>Red Hood, Red Robin, Redwing
    Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever their names it should always be Dick and Damian.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By roboadmiral

I suppose if any of the group were to take on an apprentice it would be Nightwing. There's no point in him taking on Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown, they've already been trained. If anything he would probably look for someone alone and in need of direction like he was. So, new character I think. I do kind of like the idea of that character becoming Red X though.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#70  Edited By Teerack

The spoiler.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SmoothJammin

@roboadmiral said:

I suppose if any of the group were to take on an apprentice it would be Nightwing. There's no point in him taking on Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown, they've already been trained. If anything he would probably look for someone alone and in need of direction like he was. So, new character I think. I do kind of like the idea of that character becoming Red X though.

Squire from Batman Inc fits the mold! Her theme is inspired by Dick Grayson's era of Robin. She's spunky, intelligent and in need of a mentor now more than ever. Beryl's also a red head which earns her some brownie points, seeing as how all of Dicks best friends and former love interests have been of the 'ginger' variety. Wally, Roy, Babs, Kori. (Donna is the exception) They've teamed up once before in 2009's Batman and Robin. It felt horrible to watch her break down in Nightwing's arms over the loss of her partner. Poor girl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.