Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Looking to read more about Nightwing

Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ender7884

HEY!  I'd really like to read more on Dick Grayson as Nightwing.  

I figured this would be the place to go to ask for some suggestions for which collections I should look for and pick up this week at Wizard World Chicago.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nightwing91

Nightwing year one would be a great place for you to start, a large part of his solo series was never collected and i think the earlier tpbs of his solo are out of print, and they can get pretty expensive. So you may just look for some of the newer ones, but to me they're inferior. If you have the money to spend you can look for some of the earlier tpbs online. Or check local comic shops, i got nightwing year one for 5 dollars at mine.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

thats where i started, i read from there all the way up to the ending of his series. That is a great place to start, once ur done with all of his tpb's tho is the where to go to next question which i htink would be Batman RIP and then Battle for the Cowl but im not positive.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nightwing91
    @DEGRAAF: It'd deffinantly be Battle for the cowl, and then batman and robin, unless you don't like him as Batman
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @nightwing91:
    i do, but isnt it first Batman RIP or maybe even the trip to help batman find himself again right after he gets engaged to Barbra Gordan 
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Zoom

Judas Contract.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nightwing91
    @DEGRAAF: that was infinite crisis aftermath, so he'd have to track down the nightwing annual, and then read brothers in blood, Personally he should read the titans stuff, he can find them cheaper then the earlier tpbs. He should read the terror of trigon along with the judas contract. You could check ebay for some older issues of the series as well i saw the first 10 issues for like 10 dollars.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @nightwing91:
    this is what i have read for sure and left off at so far (i have been reading Batman and Robin to but dont have the TPB's yet) Im almost positive i actually started at the first TPB of Nightwing but i cant say for sure and would have to check at home to see if ive got it. 

Nightwing: Year OneNightwing #101-106Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-0435-8
    Nightwing: Mobbed UpNightwing #107-111Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-0907-0
    Nightwing: RenegadeNightwing #112-117Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-0908-7
    Nightwing: Brothers in BloodNightwing #118-124Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-1224-7
    Nightwing: Love and WarNightwing #125-132Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-1463-0
    Nightwing: The Lost YearNightwing #133-137; Nightwing Annual #2Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-1671-9
    Nightwing: FreefallNightwing #140-146Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-1965-9
    Nightwing: The Great LeapNightwing #147-153Paperback: ISBN 978-1-4012-2171-3

Ive actually never read any of the Titans stuff (although it looks like it would be a good read) ive always been more in to solo books or small 2 person team ups
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightwing91
    @DEGRAAF:  That would be a good order for him to read. But he still needs to check ebay cause the issues with the death of blockbuster and evereything have never been collected in tpb.

And the Titans isn't that great, he left that team when he became Batman also. He could try the outsiders though, before batman took over the team.  But you should check out the new teen titans, they have a few storylines in tpbs. Worth the read.
    Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ender7884

Awesome!  Really appreciate this guys!

I've read the novelization of No Mans Land, along with Batman and Son, Black Glove, Resurrection of Ra's, RIP/Final Crisis, Battle for the Cowl and I'm about 8 issues behind on Batman & Robin.

For some reason I just got really interested in Grayson and I wanted to track down some previous stuff.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nightwing91
    @ender7884:  Anytime, Grayson is a great hero, if you like him as robin, try Robin year one, its Grayson as Robin.
    Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ender7884
    @nightwing91:   I'll find that one too.  I'm pretty much only familiar with Drake as Robin.

I haven't bought any books in a while so I've got a fair amount of cash to spend towards some new things.  Looking forward to this!
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nightwing91
    @ender7884: Drakes good and all, but he has nothing on Dick bro.
    Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ender7884
    @nightwing91: In all fairness I should've said "looking for good Grayson books"

Gotta start somewhere
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing91

Yeah man also one more that slipped my mind the Obsidian Age  books 1 and 2. With Nightwing leading the Justice League, while batman and the original league is stranded in the past.

There's just so many good Stories involving Dick he has so many connections through out the DCU.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

I started with his solo series...they're pretty good reads

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#17  Edited By lostlantern13
    @ender7884:   Nightwing Year One would be my suggestion. Heck, any Year One is usually good.  
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @nightwing91 said:
    "Yeah man also one more that slipped my mind the Obsidian Age  books 1 and 2. With Nightwing leading the Justice League, while batman and the original league is stranded in the past.  There's just so many good Stories involving Dick he has so many connections through out the DCU."
    i had never even heard of that one

@nightwing91 said:
    "@ender7884:  Anytime, Grayson is a great hero, if you like him as robin, try Robin year one, its Grayson as Robin. "
    funny you say that, just bc i hated Grayson until he became nightwing, thats when i started likin him and now i want to eventually go back and get all of his TPB as Robin also.

@ender7884:

yea he is my favorite hero besides Superman from the DCU.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @ender7884:
    no problem any time. im actually pretty new to comics for my age, im 24 and have only been reading comics for about 3 years but all of Graysons TPB were the first thing i started to pick up once i wanted to start branching out to characters besides Superman. I knew who he was from cartoons from when i was younger
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nightwing91
    @DEGRAAF: Grayson as Robin is an acquiired taste most of the stories of him as robin are pre-crisis when everything was more campy, so theres not to many good stories of him. Robin year one is an exception, the jokes are actually funny, and he's shown more as a hero not just as Bat's sidekick. In fact I'd say it was one of the best Year One's i ever read.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @nightwing91:
    yea thats what i keep hearing
    Ender7884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ender7884

I just wanted to come back and give another thanks to each of you. I'm keeping up with the current run and I've read almost everything suggested here. This thread is 3 years old...lots of time to do some heavy reading.

This community is fantastic!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmoothJammin

I just wanted to come back and give another thanks to each of you. I'm keeping up with the current run and I've read almost everything suggested here. This thread is 3 years old...lots of time to do some heavy reading.

This community is fantastic!

Wow dude... just, wow. It's incredible that you've kept up with the character even after all this time! Welcome back to the forum :headbang:

The site's layout has been completely overhauled as I'm sure you've noticed, but the format remains mostly unchanged. Looking forwards to future discussions friend, I'm here if you need me or have any questions! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.