Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Its impossible to dislike him

• 81 results
    darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By darktiger

this dude is cool and very impossible too dislike

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SmoothJammin

oh, dickbats

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SmoothJammin

@sethysquare: awww. I wish my dog knew how to tilt her head like that!

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I think Damian put it best right before the relaunch.

He said Dick was always "A more social hero, he needed human contact, and being his friend was considered an honour"

And that's all it really is. People like Dick Grayson because he's the kind of person they can look up to and aspire to be. That guy in school that everyone likes, is proud to know, and who has no problem going out of his way to get to know you.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Sometimes I sit back and wonder if Dick Grayson is better off as a character who has his own small following or if he's better off as a mainstream hero. Atleast if he's less popular, there's a little more creative freedom there and writers can tinker around. But if he gets overexposed we as fans would hate for him to get deadpool or wolvie treatment. It's a curious dilemma

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmoothJammin said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Sometimes I sit back and wonder if Dick Grayson is better off as a character who has his own small following or if he's better off as a mainstream hero. Atleast if he's less popular, there's a little more creative freedom there and writers can tinker around. But if he gets overexposed we as fans would hate for him to get deadpool or wolvie treatment. It's a curious dilemma

That's pretty much why i'd rather have him remain as he is. I love Wolverine, but I hate what's happened to his character over the years. I prefer for Dick to have a smaller following and slowly gain new fans through various other means, such as TV Shows (It was Batman the Animated Series for me)

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@SmoothJammin said:

That's pretty much why i'd rather have him remain as he is. I love Wolverine, but I hate what's happened to his character over the years. I prefer for Dick to have a smaller following and slowly gain new fans through various other means, such as TV Shows (It was Batman the Animated Series for me)

The Animated series was great, in general, but those episodes where Robin was included.....they were something special. Plus, he has spiky hair (that meant you were cool in the 90s....no questions asked)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Stronger

@Mercy_ said:

I love Dick Grayson <3

Hell yeah!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SmoothJammin said:

The Animated series was great, in general, but those episodes where Robin was included.....they were something special. Plus, he has spiky hair (that meant you were cool in the 90s....no questions asked)

hair (that meant you were cool in the 90s....no questions asked)

Yes, the animated series of the 90's in general were all groundbreaking, and BTAS was something special. Still my favorite Batman series over all. I thought Grayson and his transformation into Nightwing was portrayed very well. The only part where they messed up was with that sick Bruce/Barbara thing.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Ugh don't remind me! Bruce was a total creeper. Sux we never got a NW spin off when the time was ripe but I spose Batman Beyond and JLU delivered with hardcore fanservice.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By graysonofgotham

@SmoothJammin said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Ugh don't remind me! Bruce was a total creeper. Sux we never got a NW spin off when the time was ripe but I spose Batman Beyond and JLU delivered with hardcore fanservice.

For sure. The Hush: Beyond story made it even worse.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson said:

@SmoothJammin said:

Always been on the fence about Hush: Beyond. I didn't care for the story in general, and I was pissed when it was thought that Dick was the new Hush (Reminded me for too much of him being the bad guy in Dark Knight Strikes Again), but it turned out to just be a clone. And there was that moment where Bruce proclaimed Dick as still being his heir, even with Terry around...though he never went to visit his "heir" at the hospital when he got him shot...

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By graysonofgotham

@SmoothJammin said:

Always been on the fence about Hush: Beyond. I didn't care for the story in general, and I was pissed when it was thought that Dick was the new Hush (Reminded me for too much of him being the bad guy in Dark Knight Strikes Again), but it turned out to just be a clone. And there was that moment where Bruce proclaimed Dick as still being his heir, even with Terry around...though he never went to visit his "heir" at the hospital when he got him shot...

I'm with you dude. I hate Frank Miller for what he did to Batman/Dick Grayson. Hush beyond and the DC animated universe always left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I really dislike the idea of Bruce banging Babs thus screwing Grayson over, What went down with Tim Drake, and Bruce being a better old jerk. I much prefer the Batman in the comics especially his interaction with the Dick Grayson right before the new 52 and now post new 52. He is the best version of Bruce/Batman he has ever been right now IMO.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmoothJammin said:

I'm with you dude. I hate Frank Miller for what he did to Batman/Dick Grayson. Hush beyond and the DC animated universe always left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I really dislike the idea of Bruce banging Babs thus screwing Grayson over, What went down with Tim Drake, and Bruce being a better old jerk. I much prefer the Batman in the comics especially his interaction with the Dick Grayson right before the new 52 and now post new 52. He is the best version of Bruce/Batman he has ever been right now IMO.

Yeah, the DCAU really messed up by having Bruce and Barbara date.

Well, I like Pre-Crisis (Crisis on Infinite Earths) Bruce a lot, as that was the Golden Age of it all. There was no angst, no obsession with the mission, no firing people; just mutual respect and understanding. Don't know if you've ever seen it but the moment when Dick chose to leave the Robin mantle and pass it on to Jason, and then his discussion with Bruce right after is one of the greatest moments in comic history in my mind. Again, there was just a lot of mutual respect in the gesture that was taken away Post-Crisis. I'm wondering if they've brought that back with the New 52, or if Bruce still chose to fire Dick. I think the New 52 Bruce hasn't really changed all that much from where he was Pre-Flashpoint. Dying and coming back was good for his character in that way.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By BatWatch

Why would you want to dislike Grayson? He's awesome. I prefer Tim, but I don't feel I have to hate all other Robins, I actually love them all.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Onemoreposter

Frank Miller hates Dick.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By graysonofgotham

@SmoothJammin said:

Well, I like Pre-Crisis (Crisis on Infinite Earths) Bruce a lot, as that was the Golden Age of it all. There was no angst, no obsession with the mission, no firing people; just mutual respect and understanding. Don't know if you've ever seen it but the moment when Dick chose to leave the Robin mantle and pass it on to Jason, and then his discussion with Bruce right after is one of the greatest moments in comic history in my mind. Again, there was just a lot of mutual respect in the gesture that was taken away Post-Crisis. I'm wondering if they've brought that back with the New 52, or if Bruce still chose to fire Dick. I think the New 52 Bruce hasn't really changed all that much from where he was Pre-Flashpoint. Dying and coming back was good for his character in that way.

I have read the Dick/Bruce convo about Dick moving on. Great stuff. I don't feel like Bruce has changed at all as of right before New 52 and now. Thats what I was saying I like Bruce and Dick's relationship in the past few years alot. As far as angst and obsession with the mission that is really the Batman I grew up knowing and loving.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cc1738

@CrimsonCake said:

I can relate to him,My parents were also acrobats in the circus.So I can't dislike him.

That is epic.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By CrimsonCake

@cc1738 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

I can relate to him,My parents were also acrobats in the circus.So I can't dislike him.

That is epic.

Indeed,I just wish somebody killed my parents so I could have been adopted by a billionaire crime fighter :P

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmoothJammin said:

I have read the Dick/Bruce convo about Dick moving on. Great stuff. I don't feel like Bruce has changed at all as of right before New 52 and now. Thats what I was saying I like Bruce and Dick's relationship in the past few years alot. As far as angst and obsession with the mission that is really the Batman I grew up knowing and loving.

Yeah, the angst has been an important part of the relationship for both characters. Its why i'm wondering how much of it is still there now.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SmoothJammin

@CrimsonCake said:

@cc1738 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

Indeed,I just wish somebody killed my parents so I could have been adopted by a billionaire crime fighter :P

!!!!

No but seriously what was that like man? Did all those experiences mold you into the person you are today? Do you even remember!? No homo but I had a dream I was growing up in a circus and upon waking up I thought about you. I'd pick up a phone and tell the whole world!

On a sidenote, Circque Du Freak:Vampires Assistant is a surprisingly watchable movie. Dammit Syfy, you win again..

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@cc1738 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

No but seriously what was that like man? Did all those experiences mold you into the person you are today? Do you even remember!? No homo but I had a dream I was growing up in a circus and upon waking up I thought about you. I'd pick up a phone and tell the whole world!

On a sidenote, Circque Du Freak:Vampires Assistant is a surprisingly watchable movie. Dammit Syfy, you win again..

Well because of it,I'm a natural born acrobat and I can do Parkour with ease.But what happened in your dream? O_O

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SmoothJammin

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@cc1738 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

Well because of it,I'm a natural born acrobat and I can do Parkour with ease.But what happened in your dream? O_O

LOL I was an acrobat dammit! Was walking the tightrope above my house and my neighbors were all carny folk. And then, you know, I woke up. Cause we're all adults here @ comicvine :D. You practice parkour too? I occasionally free run in my spare time, but ur actions are frowned upon! There's no excuse for you not to be patrolling the streets and utilizing your talents for the greater good.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said::

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

LOL I was an acrobat dammit! Was walking the tightrope above my house and my neighbors were all carny folk. And then, you know, I woke up. Cause we're all adults here @ comicvine :D. You practice parkour too? I occasionally free run in my spare time, but ur actions are frowned upon! There's no excuse for you not to be patrolling the streets and utilizing your talents for the greater good.

I'd do that but I would need more proper training in the fields of criminology and firearms before I attempt such a thing

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SmoothJammin

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

I'd do that but I would need more proper training in the fields of criminology and firearms before I attempt such a thing

Delve in the ways of Phoenix Jones and learn mma like a boss. No need to use guns

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

Delve in the ways of Phoenix Jones and learn mma like a boss. No need to use guns

I didn't mean that I would use guns,I meant that I need to learn more about them to know what I have to prepare for.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SmoothJammin

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

I didn't mean that I would use guns,I meant that I need to learn more about them to know what I have to prepare for.

Wikipedia is your friend. Man up!

Question though, when you're attempting a double front flip how do you build up enough torque to spin twice in the air -assuming ur on a trampoline? I can never get it down and I figure it's ur area of expertise anyways. My mom handed me a couple good McDonalds coupons and let me borrow her mini-van, was thinking of taking my lady friend out for a spin tonight and maybe hit up the local Boing! to impress her.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SmoothJammin

Was totally kidding about that last part btw.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@CrimsonCake said:

That is epic.

!!!!

Wikipedia is your friend. Man up!

Question though, when you're attempting a double front flip how do you build up enough torque to spin twice in the air -assuming ur on a trampoline? I can never get it down and I figure it's ur area of expertise anyways. My mom handed me a couple good McDonalds coupons and let me borrow her mini-van, was thinking of taking my lady friend out for a spin tonight and maybe hit up the local Boing! to impress her.

I just do it when I'm in "Mid-Air",I don't wait until I reach the peak before I do it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#80  Edited By Squalleon

@SmoothJammin said:

I still think Tim was mildly nuts. Deep down he could never expect Batman to go away, Ra's could drop a nuke on Bruce's dome and Tim will simply believe Batman's a ventriloquist and planned the entire event, boomtubed his way out of it or some such nonsense. Dick may be infatuated with Bruce but....Tim is obsessed with him, to the point where he almost sees him as a totem of worship. Big difference. When Superman broke the news to the batfamily Dick handled it in cool, collected fashion. Tim had a friggin meltdown and you instantly saw the difference in demeanor/maturity in those panels.

He probably loves Bruce more than he ever did his own father, the same can't be said for Grayson. I just can't support a character like that

@RoboShark:

so fucking true!!!

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Love him man! Bats is still nr 1 though!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.