Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9430 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Is there a specific issue where Dick steps down as Batman?

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just got some new 52 batman trades and there was no mention of it so far. Haven't got the Nightwing one yet so, I guess it could be in there?

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's lame :(

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JayAaerow

Just got some new 52 batman trades and there was no mention of it so far. Haven't got the Nightwing one yet so, I guess it could be in there?

No. It's rarely referenced already, let alone a issue where Dick steps down as Batman. Nightwing #1 referenced him being Batman for a year and some of Batman Inc. :/

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya i dont know why they just didnt retcon that 6 years was already to short and we are to believe even thou Dick has only been a crime fighter for 4 years not to mention still a teenager and he is some how worthy to take up the mantle i dont think so

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Ya i dont know why they just didnt retcon that 6 years was already to short and we are to believe even thou Dick has only been a crime fighter for 4 years not to mention still a teenager and he is some how worthy to take up the mantle i dont think so

The five year plan is a stupid idea in the first place, either make it longer, like ten years since heroes have been around, or don't specify at all.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@the_stegman: i know right Batman spends only a year as batman and he suddenly wants to take some teenager in its just silly

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No there isn't, which i'm still just as pissed about now as I was when I read the first issue. Gives no sense of closure to the situation at all, when Dick finally taking on the cowl was a very important step.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.