Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Help with the timeline among crossovers and Grayson

rfilipek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rfilipek

I was wondering if someone could help me ... What is the continuity between B&RE, Titans Hunt, Grayson and the Starfire crossover (which technically started with the November issue of Starfire with Dick arriving at the airport)? I've been reading them out of sequence (i.e., not as they've come out), and I don't know the ultimate sequence of all the plot lines. For instance, I read Titans Hunt 1 and 2 last night, and B&RE 1-8 last week. Robin Wars is a bit different since the sequence is illustrated in the comic book in terms of how it intersects with Grayson.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aahz

Thats something we will probably only know afterwards, if ever.

They don't really make a good job of coordinating parallel events at the moment, and even Robin War doesn't really fit into the chronology of Grayson, Grayson 14 ended some how in a cliff hanger and Robin War started on a complete different point, and Grayson 16 will probably start were Grayson 14 endet.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like Aahz said there is not much to know right now and there will probably never be a real timeline for those events.

Currently Grayson seems to play before Eternal because Ashemore has not yet defected to Mother.

rfilipek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies ... At least I can enjoy them for now as standalone series.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is that Dick seems now to start to take down Spyral in "Grayson" but in Eternal and Robin Wars he still seems to be an regular Spyral Agent (I'm not sure about titans hunt) working for Helena, so depending on what is going to happen in "Grayson" it is possible that it will be never possible to crate a timeline of this events without contradictions.
    Like Death of the Family and Batman Inc., and Batman Eternal+Endgame and Robin Rises don't fit 100% together.

rfilipek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: This is a major problem I'm having with his story line in general (I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for readers who follow more than one major character). This is just lazy story telling in my opinion. As a writer, a cohesive story is paramount to everything I write about. With his character, we get different versions depending on who the writer is (not to mention the way he looks based on the artist). Sigh!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.