Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Favorite Story

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alak

Here's a question for all you Dick fans. What's your favorite Dick Grayson story (at this moment)? It can either be when he's Robin, Nightwing, or Batman. It doesn't matter if it's a single issue or an entire story arc. Let's just share some good memories!

Right now, I'd say that "The Boys" would be my favorite one. It's an issue that I can come back to time and time again since it's not serious or anything, but it definitely shows Nightwing's best qualities. Plus, Tim's in it so that's another plus.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Traps and Trapezees

the Target

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: Battle for the Cowl

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing Year One, has been for a long time now.

dcfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dcfan4ever

"Who Is Donna Troy?" is one of my favorite Dick Grayson stories. The tale showcases Dick's detective and analytical abilities better than anything I can recall. Plus, the tale highlights Dick's non-hero side of the friendship with Donna T.

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Nightwing issues during No Man's Land where he Infiltrates Blackgate Prison, Escapes the prison, and then fights off the siege of Barbara's watchtower.

I'll never forget the line: "Hate to admit it, but the sock's right!"

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nightwing issues during No Man's Land where he Infiltrates Blackgate Prison, Escapes the prison, and then fights off the siege of Barbara's watchtower.

I'll never forget the line: "Hate to admit it, but the sock's right!"

Oooh, that's a good arc too. I remember when he, Babs, and Huntress were in the watchtower hiding from their attackers. My initial thought was "well this is going to be awkward for Dick".

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By spidermonkey2099

The Black Mirror

Traps and Trapezes

No Man's Land Nightwing tie-ins

And then there are some runs that I never collected a specific storyline from, but the issues I did read from these eras were really good:

• The New Teen Titans run by Wolfman and Perez in the 80s
    • The various issues of Nightwing by Chuck Dixon that I collected in the late 90s, early 2000s
    dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Black Mirror
    2. Batman & Robin (Morrison's run)
    3. Resurrection of Ra's Al Guhl
    4. Gates of Gotham
    5. (Honorable mention b/c i think its underrated) Life after death.

I'm currently starting Dixon's run starting with the beginning of his ongoing. I can see why people like dixon, but I wish that comic book art was better in the 90's and early 2000s. And while i enjoyed traps and trapezes, I'm not sure I can bring myself to put it in a "best of" list.

And for a non comic book entry, the episode of young justice in which Back Canary is doing counseling sessions with everyone on the team, and Dick says "I don't want to be THE batman." One of the greatest moments of the show in my opinion.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alak

@dropkickjake:

I really like Dixon's run but I definitely agree with you about the art. Dixon was the first NW writer that I've ever picked up after watching Nighting on Bruce Timm's cartoons. The stories can get pretty immersive, and I eventually got over the loony designs.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AColombia

They are saying that for villains month DC mainly Didio are gonna kill Nightwing. Wtf DC. THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON THEY DIDN'T GET TO KILL HIM IN INFINITE CRISIS. HE'S TOO IMPORTANT. the new 52 ruined Dicks story and connections but I tolerated that cus I love his character. I got pissed after they JUST killed Damian, but now they wanna kill the most important Bat character besides Batman himself? The first Robin? The DCUs heart? I'm permanently dropping DC if they kill him or injure him in a huge way. Someone please tell me it's not true.

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2013/06/nightwing-is-gonna-die-panic-aaaah.html

Gotham Spoilers: NIGHTWING IS GONNA DIE! PANIC! AAAAH!!!

www.gothamspoilers.com

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin

@acolombia said:

They are saying that for villains month DC mainly Didio are gonna kill Nightwing. Wtf DC. THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON THEY DIDN'T GET TO KILL HIM IN INFINITE CRISIS. HE'S TOO IMPORTANT. the new 52 ruined Dicks story and connections but I tolerated that cus I love his character. I got pissed after they JUST killed Damian, but now they wanna kill the most important Bat character besides Batman himself? The first Robin? The DCUs heart? I'm permanently dropping DC if they kill him or injure him in a huge way. Someone please tell me it's not true.

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2013/06/nightwing-is-gonna-die-panic-aaaah.html

Gotham Spoilers: NIGHTWING IS GONNA DIE! PANIC! AAAAH!!!

www.gothamspoilers.com

edit: Dick grayson is destined for greater things ;)

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Robin by Morrison. I flip through these and forget I'm reading a comic I become so immersed.

Black Mirror (Snyder's whole run was stellar)

Nightwing the Great Leap/Freefall(tied)

Uncanny X-Men meet The New Teen Titans

Everything Wolfman and Perez

Nightwing: Alfred's Return

The early stuff from Dixon

Buildup to Battle For The Cowl was exciting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.